#1 And #4 Picks Ain't Working For The Cavs, They Want #1 And #2...Trade In The Works

nerd.gif
 sorry if its been posted
[h3]Cavaliers In Trade Talks With Timberwolves, Pistons For No. 2 Pick[/h3]
May 28, 2011 4:03 PM EDT

Grant_Chris_cle_20100827.jpg

The Cleveland Cavaliers are in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons about a three-team trade that would give Cleveland the top two picks of next month's NBA draft.

The Cavaliers would use the picks to select Duke point guard Kyrie Irving and Arizona forward Derrick Williams, the sources said.

In the trade being discussed, Cleveland would absorb Detroit's Richard Hamilton into the $14.6 million trade exception it received in last summer's LeBron James sign-and-trade with Miami, while also receiving the Pistons' No. 8 pick. The Cavaliers would then send that pick, along with their fourth pick, to Minnesota for the Timberwolves' second pick.

Cleveland would then buy Hamilton out of the $25 million remaining in the last two years on his contract, leaving the veteran shooting guard free to sign with another club as a free agent.

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz1NgNd9q2r

nerd.gif
 sorry if its been posted
[h3]Cavaliers In Trade Talks With Timberwolves, Pistons For No. 2 Pick[/h3]
May 28, 2011 4:03 PM EDT

Grant_Chris_cle_20100827.jpg

The Cleveland Cavaliers are in discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons about a three-team trade that would give Cleveland the top two picks of next month's NBA draft.

The Cavaliers would use the picks to select Duke point guard Kyrie Irving and Arizona forward Derrick Williams, the sources said.

In the trade being discussed, Cleveland would absorb Detroit's Richard Hamilton into the $14.6 million trade exception it received in last summer's LeBron James sign-and-trade with Miami, while also receiving the Pistons' No. 8 pick. The Cavaliers would then send that pick, along with their fourth pick, to Minnesota for the Timberwolves' second pick.

Cleveland would then buy Hamilton out of the $25 million remaining in the last two years on his contract, leaving the veteran shooting guard free to sign with another club as a free agent.

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz1NgNd9q2r

I like that deal for all parties involved. Clev, Minny, Det, and Rip. Hope it goes down.

I like that deal for all parties involved. Clev, Minny, Det, and Rip. Hope it goes down.

rip in chicago would be a good look.

would derrick williams play the 3 in cleveland with jj hickson staying at the 4?

rip in chicago would be a good look.

would derrick williams play the 3 in cleveland with jj hickson staying at the 4?

Been posted in the Season thread and Draft thread

I figured Rip to Chicago if he does get bought out, not Miami. I like the trade for Minny but I don't like it for Cleveland, I'm not sold on Williams.

Been posted in the Season thread and Draft thread

I figured Rip to Chicago if he does get bought out, not Miami. I like the trade for Minny but I don't like it for Cleveland, I'm not sold on Williams.

would really like to see this happen.

Gives Cleveland a very nice start, helps Minny a lot too, and Detroit...w/e they get rid of an unhappy Hamilton

Back
Top Bottom