10 Cloverfield Lane Vol. Secret Cloverfield movie OUT NOW! Vol: Spoiler Warning

Cloverfield sucked.

But I'll rewatch just to watch this if they use traditional camera angles not that shaky handed first person shooter bs.

I was confused after watching the trailer. I know Cloverfield the movie, but the trailer had nothing to do with it, but I guess this is the backdrop to a post-dystopian setting, featuring three people with a maniac in a bunker.

I like the concept, quite honestly. The first movie was very polarizing though.

My issue with clover field is that it was a cool mo i.e. But the actors were insufferable and purposely over the top. If they would've gotten actual good actors I guess the movie would've gotten more buzz and wouldn't have been so secret.

Also it should have been a voltron movie with a huge lion

I was confused after watching the trailer. I know Cloverfield the movie, but the trailer had nothing to do with it, but I guess this is the backdrop to a post-dystopian setting, featuring three people with a maniac in a bunker.

I like the concept, quite honestly. The first movie was very polarizing though.
Presumably they are in the bunker because of the clover field monster. John goodmans character seems to be the only one aware of it and has told the others it's a chemical attack going on

Abrams has said its a blood relative to clover field. So it probably isn't a direct sequel but more of a side story taking place in that world

Plus it's in IMAX so chances are they won't spend the whole movie in the bunker

Last edited:
Presumably they are in the bunker because of the clover field monster. John goodmans character seems to be the only one aware of it and has told the others it's a chemical attack going on

Abrams has said its a blood relative to clover field. So it probably isn't a direct sequel but more of a side story taking place in that world

Plus it's in IMAX so chances are they won't spin the whole movie in the bunker

Make sense. I do want to see more of the monsters though.

Last edited:
trailer reminded me of that LOST episode's cold open where desmond goes through his daily routine to the "make your own kind of music" song, in the hatch

got great vibes throughout the trailer, will watch, with low expectaions. A thing that bugged me about the first cloverfield was that whole found footage gimmick, nice to see this will play straight forward in the more traditional way

How do you even get those 2 women confused w/ each other?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, that's Mary Elizabeth Winstead and she is 1000000x better looking than Maggie.
She's been on my radar since Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

I still need to finish Cloverfield.

That poster says "monsters come in many forms" I hope John Goodman isn't the "monster" in terms of him holding them in that bunker and lying to them about what's really going on in the real world on some M. Night bs. The original monster was also in the city and seems like they're in a rural area so idk. Maybe it's just a similar concept and not an actual sequel in the same universe

Other than that, I'm gonna go crazy tryna figure out what ol girl saw when she looked outside the window :smh:

Last edited:
That poster says "monsters come in many forms" I hope John Goodman isn't the "monster" in terms of him holding them in that bunker and lying to them about what's really going on in the real world on some M. Night bs. The original monster was also in the city and seems like they're in a rural area so idk. Maybe it's just a similar concept and not an actual sequel in the same universe

Other than that, I'm gonna go crazy tryna figure out what ol girl saw when she looked outside the window :smh:

The word "monster" is probably used very loosely in that poster. Might not even mean literal monster because it seems the original plot was that they are in a bunker because there was some sort of nuclear strike.

I wouldn't be surprised if this film wasn't originally planned as a Cloverfield sequel and then just turned it into one and then just shooting additional scene later.

Back
Top Bottom