10 Most Dangerous Small and Medium Cities ranked, and 10 Safest Medium Cities vol. California safe,

I didn't know Little Rock was so bad, it's one the small and medium list basically. I'm going next month. The cal won't be on me either because I am flying. Link explains more about the rankings and specifics on each one

Small

http://www.movoto.com/blog/top-ten/dangerous-small-cities/

1. Wilmington, DE
2. Canton, OH
3. Jackson, TN
4. Rocky Mount, NC
5. North Little Rock, AR
6. Pensacola, FL
7. Daytona Beach, FL
8. Homestead, FL
8. Lauderhill, FL
10. Warner Robins, GA

http://www.movoto.com/blog/top-ten/most-dangerous-mid-sized-cities/

1. Little Rock, AR
2. Flint, MI
3. Jackson, MS
4. Dayton, OH
5. Springfield, MO
6. Knoxville, TN
7. New Haven, CT
8. Lawton, OK
9. Richmond, CA
9. West Palm Beach, FL

Safest Medium

http://www.movoto.com/blog/top-ten/safest-mid-sized-cities-in-america/

1. Glendale, CA
2. Santa Clarita, CA
3. Sunnyvale, CA
4. Naperville, IL
5. Cary, NC
6. Thousand Oaks, CA
7. Oxnard, CA
8. Aurora, IL
9. Huntington Beach, CA
10. Torrance, CA

How they figured these
We separated these crimes into four groups: murders, violent crimes (murder, rape, robbery, and assault), property crimes (burglary, theft, and motor vehicle theft), and total crimes. The cities were then ranked on the incidents of each group per 100,000 residents per year, from 1 to 234, with a higher score being more dangerous. We calculated the number of crimes per 100,000 residents for 2012 in order to have a level playing field on which to compare cities with varying population sizes.

The individual rankings (murders, violent crimes, property crimes and total crimes) were then weighted to create a final overall score. Murders, violent crimes, and property crimes each comprised 30 percent of the total, while total crimes made up 10 percent. The higher this combined score, the more dangerous the city.

Below, you’ll find a breakdown of how each of the 10 most dangerous small/medium/large cities fared when judged on these criteria.

Last edited:
I work in Cary NC. Nothing but a bunch of retired people there. I see why its on the list of safest cities.

NYC >
Brownsville is wilder than little rock

Last edited:
What isthe cost of living like in those Cali cities listed?
A lot. I can speak for Glendale, Torrance and Thousand Oaks. Those are in the greater LA area. It's still cheaper here than the Bay or San Diego though.

A studio in Glendale will run about $1k a month. And this is not one of the nicer ones. A 1500 sq ft home, circa post WWII era like in Gangster Squad, will be about $500k in Glendale. Think super small garage that your passenger has to get off before you drive into the garage.

Homes in Thousand Oaks are newer and more expensive. This is where new money is at. Think the homes like you would see in the Kadashians. When I was looking at rent for a potential job, average was about $1500 per month for a one bedroom.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Costa Mesa, Newport Beach and Irvine aren't on there. If I recall correctly, Irvine was the safest city in the country for the last few years.

Knew Wilmington de would be number one. Shootings everyday and homicides every other day. I live 10 min from there too smh.

that's where all the rich folks live in so cal, right?
sunnyvale is where the tech money is at

NY doesn't take an L this time. 
nthat.gif

Also, I passed by Oxnard, that place looked horrible. Thought for sure their crime would be up. Place was dirty and appeared abandoned as far as taking care of buildings. Place was uglier than East LA

Back
Top Bottom