10 Most Dangerous Small and Medium Cities ranked, and 10 Safest Medium Cities vol. California safe,

If we talking bout the same one with the car dealership across from it. On a Friday and Saturday night it's def shady. A lot of shooting have happen in that parking lot.

I can't remember exactly but they were a bunch of dudes posted up outside and every one of them were giving me the :stoneface:

Looks like So Cal is the place to be :nerd:

I couldn't afford it thoug. Dude said 1k for a studio in Glendale? What the ****?

OP I read you are going to the rock..
I have family there, so be careful with the color thing(bloods and crips) it's real out there.
Also Arkansas is really divided(surprised North Little Rock is on the list).
North side is more "safer" then the Southside.
Downtown is like your divider mark but if you are into nature scene, you will like it, not much else to do. Hot Springs is a nice little town to do stuff, about an hour - two hours away. Conway has something's as well(college town) but pretty much everything after that is country pocket towns. Also in some spots, Racism is extra real, just a heads up...
But nowhere is truly safe, so enjoy your time...

Looks like So Cal is the place to be :nerd:

I couldn't afford it thoug. Dude said 1k for a studio in Glendale? What the ****?
$1k will usually not get you much anymore in SoCal, even the boonies and dessert.

I had a high school friend who bounced to Phoenix and he was able to get a new condo for pretty cheap. That money wouldn't be anything here.

Everything is connected too. Glendale is a small city. You can take one street down 10 miles or so to Pacoima, which isn't the best part of the valley.

A similar street can be taken from K town, which is somewhat hood, up to West LA and Beverly Hills where homes are $10 million and more. All within a 10 mile drive.

Last edited:
Torrance is safe? New to me.
What isn't safe about Torrance
laugh.gif

No camden? It's like 1970s NYC. Matter of fact No nj cities at all for most dangerous, list is wrong b

Probably lacking data on some cities or they weren't included in the FBI 2012 crime report- http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/resource-pages/download-printable-files

How We Created This Report

To produce this ranking, we first decided on a list of small cities between 50,000 and 75,000 residents in size. After eliminating those without available crime data, we were left with a list of 234 places to study.

Using data from the FBI’s 2012 uniform crime report, the latest available, we measured seven distinct crimes using the total reported incidents of each:
•Burglary
•Theft
•Motor vehicle theft
•Murder
•Rape
•Robbery
•Assault

We separated these crimes into four groups: murders, violent crimes (murder, rape, robbery, and assault), property crimes (burglary, theft, and motor vehicle theft), and total crimes. The cities were then ranked on the incidents of each group per 100,000 residents per year, from 1 to 234, with a higher score being more dangerous. We calculated the number of crimes per 100,000 residents for 2012 in order to have a level playing field on which to compare cities with varying population sizes.

The individual rankings (murders, violent crimes, property crimes and total crimes) were then weighted to create a final overall score. Murders, violent crimes, and property crimes each comprised 30 percent of the total, while total crimes made up 10 percent. The higher this combined score, the more dangerous the city.

Below, you’ll find a breakdown of how each of the 10 most dangerous small cities fared when judged on these criteria.

:lol: :lol: at Florida making half the list

I didn't know Little Rock was awful til I went to school in Arkansas. I had always figured that whole state was country and nothing else. Boy was I wrong :lol:

Last edited:
Lived outside of Little Rock for almost 20 years and it's def got it's bad spots but I was never afraid of caught up in a crime or anything of that sort. Just stay away from the bad spots is all you gotta do.

Rocky mount? lol. I'd have to say NC is a pretty safe state, but the most "dangerous" city here would have to be Fayetteville. 

Juking the stats.

You know how that goes.

Camden's population is larger than 75,000 which excludes it from the small city list. It doesn't have a large enough population to be included in the large city lists as well.

For this ranking, we defined mid-sized cities as the 200 places in the U.S. ranked No. 100 through 300 in terms of population, or approximately 251,000 through 94,000 in size.

So any city that has a population between 75,001 - 93,999 fall through the cracks.

Last edited:
Lived outside of Little Rock for almost 20 years and it's def got it's bad spots but I was never afraid of caught up in a crime or anything of that sort. Just stay away from the bad spots is all you gotta do.
I think that's how it is in most places. As long as you stay away from certain people and places, you'll be alright.

Camden's population is larger than 75,000 which excludes it from the small city list. It doesn't have a large enough population to be included in the large city lists as well.
So any city that has a population between 75,001 - 93,999 fall through the cracks.

All I'm gonna say is that I don't think its a coincidence that places like Gary, Camden, and Compton were excluded because their populations just so happen to fall into that gap.

Last edited:
So Camden, Gary etc weren't on the damn list. They're on every other worst city list. No big deal.

So Camden, Gary etc weren't on the damn list. They're on every other worst city list. No big deal.

Yes, who cares about accuracy and the integrity of reports that may have a serious impact on the people living in those cities?

:rolleyes

I am from the nicer side of Richmond, so I am biased in saying it ain't all that bad. Honestly the bad parts really aren't a factor cause there is really no point in going through those places if you don't have to. What does suck though is the Richmond Unified School District. They just aren't as good as other schools in the Bay Area. My girl went to the top high school in San Francisco and almost 70-80% went off to a 4 year college with like the rest going to states and hardly any to junior colleges. My graduating class had like over 60% going to junior colleges.

Is there anywhere in California that isn't OD expensive?

Yeah, the inland parts of the state. But you might as well stay in the midwest where it's even more cheaper. They're essentially the same kind of place.
I've always wondered what made San Jose so expensive still since it's pretty much as inland as Sacramento still.

But ya, if you wan cheaper California then I guess central Cali is your spot, but I have no idea why anyone would want to live there. And that's coming from a guy who's from Sacramento :lol:

Back
Top Bottom