10 YRS Ago January 5th: AJ5 Retro Release

These are classic retros. Before the hype, and excellent quality with nike air. Can't believe it has been 10 years already.
I bought these when I was 22 yrs old, and had some damn good memories wearing them over the years. I had the black
and metallic silver ones. I wore them to a club back in like 2003, and a dude offered me 2 hundred for them, right then, and there.
I ended up leaving the spot in bare feet.

respect on that flashback. started the retro trip down memory lane when I stumbled on the cement 4's at Sports Chalet when I was a freshman in college. prayed everyday that the Vs would come back.

fell in love with nikepark and that white/blue page popped up everytime through AOL.

jerseyjoe was god and I used to freak when new pictures would drop on upcoming releases.

Vs were dropping again... dammmmn

copped 6 pairs of white/red Vs and patiently waited for the black/silvers to drop

went stupid on the blacks and got 8 more pairs. got a speeding ticket driving from SB (college) that morning to NT Beverly Hills to camp out. didn'tcare. went to celebrate my conquest from NT by eating some chicken at Roscoes. ran into Mike Tyson and had him sign my receipt. don't ask me why.

worked at the gym for jordan camp in SB in the summer as a janitor just so I could get a pair of black Vs signed. got them signed and quit with the quicknessto go back home and enjoy summer.

i've gone through many pairs of Vs as if I was 12 years old again. could care less that most are yellow. you open up my closet in my old bedroom at myparents house and it's laced with boxes of jordan Vs. I should probably move them to the crib now but they just feel safer under their care and I canalways drop by to scoop up a fresh pair. that's all that mattered then when I was in elementary, that's all that mattered when they retroed incollege, and that's all that matters now that I'm 30.

that's what the sneaker game is about.

respect.

Originally Posted by Da Future Nike Rep

kevin trinh...
That photoshop would be an incredible idea for an Ruff N Tuff Tournament Edition Air Jordan 5 Retro.

Yeah, it would be a good idea.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by u ttocs

I remember being at shoe palace with my mom shopping for new basketball kicks. And I saw these V's sitting on the shelf, and at first I was reluctant to get these because wearing old shoes wasn't really hip at the time. Retros weren't really out in the open yet. But I saw the lace locks and the icey soles, and it just brought back memories and i had to get them. This was my first pair of retros and this was what started the jordan craze all over again. It seems like yesterday, can't believe it's been 10 years.
If you were in the 8th grade at the time of the retro, what memories did it bring back for you?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by doctaOCTAGON

respect on that flashback. started the retro trip down memory lane when I stumbled on the cement 4's at Sports Chalet when I was a freshman in college. prayed everyday that the Vs would come back.

fell in love with nikepark and that white/blue page popped up everytime through AOL.

jerseyjoe was god and I used to freak when new pictures would drop on upcoming releases.

Vs were dropping again... dammmmn

copped 6 pairs of white/red Vs and patiently waited for the black/silvers to drop

went stupid on the blacks and got 8 more pairs. got a speeding ticket driving from SB (college) that morning to NT Beverly Hills to camp out. didn't care. went to celebrate my conquest from NT by eating some chicken at Roscoes. ran into Mike Tyson and had him sign my receipt. don't ask me why.

worked at the gym for jordan camp in SB in the summer as a janitor just so I could get a pair of black Vs signed. got them signed and quit with the quickness to go back home and enjoy summer.

i've gone through many pairs of Vs as if I was 12 years old again. could care less that most are yellow. you open up my closet in my old bedroom at my parents house and it's laced with boxes of jordan Vs. I should probably move them to the crib now but they just feel safer under their care and I can always drop by to scoop up a fresh pair. that's all that mattered then when I was in elementary, that's all that mattered when they retroed in college, and that's all that matters now that I'm 30.

that's what the sneaker game is about.

respect.

Dude, did you have to add that ROSCOES in there?
frown.gif
Now i'mma have to make a trip to L.A. JUST for some freekin ROSCOES!

Man, I can't believe it's been 10 years already! I remember me and my brother stocked up on them! I was super excited about them because of theIV's the year before and I had already gotten the I's II's and III's in the mid 90's. When they dropped the V's I had no idea theXI's were right around the corner, I thought we would see the next 5 models and I thought that the retro trend of 5-6-7-8 etc would continue in a yearlyprogression and in order! My brother eventually moved out and I ended up selling his kicks, he came back home one day and was like, where's my shoes? I waslike somebody broke in the house and stole em LOL!

I still remember the feeling of being able to purchase shoes that I had before and always wanted again and finally, there they were. I also remember when theConcords re-released, I remember having 100 pairs of them in my cart and contemplating buying them all! I would have been up a creek explaining it to my girl,but boy that was fun. I only ended up getting about 12 pairs from Fogdog and I still remember cracking open the boxes and sniffin each pair LOL!

Whoooo I fell alseep at the wheel, going down memory lane!

Man mentioning Jersey Joe brings back memories....got the Vs a week after release when Niketown used to get a second shipment. Those were the days.

Originally Posted by kevin trinh

V's are one of the best Jordans of all time. However i wished they released V's like these.

Photoshopped
happy.gif

idk why these were even created!!! (photoshopped or real) these would look like sum regular +## shoes destroying a classic!!! these look like a pair offootlocker shoes that will be eventually sent to marshalls or sum!!! *@+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those were the days. I was able to get both OG colorways with no problem at all. I bought the white/blk/red pair 3 hours after Champs opened up. I was going topass on the black pair, but I went to Footlocker 10 minutes before they opened and had to buy them once I saw them in the window
pimp.gif

I do wish I kept the White/Blk/Red pair in better shape
frown.gif

Great post! Damn shame how times have changed, the leather on these just kills anything JB has put out in the last 5 yrs. Oh well, I don't won't to getoff on how bad things have become so let's just enjoy.
smile.gif

313120181.jpg

Took me forever to dig them out!
laugh.gif

313120346.jpg

I remember these white/red Vs still sitting on the shelves at Nike Town when the blk/silver Vs came out a few months later. There was very little hype aboutthese back then. You could just walk into the store and buy them. Sadly they don't make retros like this anymore.

Originally Posted by Hyalite

I remember these white/red Vs still sitting on the shelves at Nike Town when the blk/silver Vs came out a few months later. There was very little hype about these back then. You could just walk into the store and buy them. Sadly they don't make retros like this anymore.
da CDP's to be fair were pretty much da same thing sans da nike air, 3m and some pairs comin a lil yellow out da box.

da 2006 retros were great.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Hyalite

I remember these white/red Vs still sitting on the shelves at Nike Town when the blk/silver Vs came out a few months later. There was very little hype about these back then. You could just walk into the store and buy them. Sadly they don't make retros like this anymore.
da CDP's to be fair were pretty much da same thing sans da nike air, 3m and some pairs comin a lil yellow out da box.

da 2006 retros were great.

Yea if you like pleather. There's no comparison between the 00 and 06 as far as leather quality.

I was a freshman in college when I copped the black w/ the silver Tounge. I remember leaving class early because the mall was right up the street, copped mypair. It wasn't a hard shoe to get, so I got em and made it back to class......

Originally Posted by TheAdiMac

miss the days of being able to cop a big release without waiting in line or paying reseller prices
i have no clue what this is like
grin.gif
but it sounds likes thegood life

It's a little crazy how fast time flys. It does NOT seem like it was 10 years since those retroed. Crazy.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I remember buying these two weeks after RD
smokin.gif

The good ol' days...

Before the hypebeasts and kids that never actually watched MJ play.

Ahhh.... and I wanna give it up to my fellow Class of 2000 alumis.

SQAD UP!!!

*copped the black/silvers later that year with ease*

Originally Posted by kevin trinh

V's are one of the best Jordans of all time. However i wished they released V's like these.

Photoshopped
happy.gif
sweet jesus those are nice

Back
Top Bottom