12/2014 Air Jordan 11 Retro - White/Black-Legend Blue - 378037-117 NO GM TALK ALLOWED!

Next color in demand would be jams if these Columbias drop. Probably 2 years out tho if they sprinkle a retro+ color in between
That cycle is going to continue....as far as demand. by 2016 people will be crying for cool greys and concord 11s again.

everyone knows whatever JB throws at us we will take it regardless of the name of the color

everyone knows whatever JB throws at us we will take it regardless of the name of the color
Speak for yourself, I'll definitely have to think about this one once I see them. Had the 2001 pair, loved them, but definitely not a necessity. People just want these to come back cause it's the only OG 11 colorway to not be released as of late seeing that the majority of people buying J's started in 2011-now and didn't have a 2001 pair.

Speak for yourself, I'll definitely have to think about this one once I see them. Had the 2001 pair, loved them, but definitely not a necessity. People just want these to come back cause it's the only OG 11 colorway to not be released as of late seeing that the majority of people buying J's started in 2011-now and didn't have a 2001 pair.
i gotta agree wit ya on that...remember bacc in may of '95 when i was 12 years old walking into modells and buying the go bred 11s a month after they dropped...that happening today will neverrrrrrrr happen just because the hype the 11s have hahaha a nice amount of NTers weren't even born yet...but i don't go around buying jordans just cause they are hyped up...i get the ones that "I" like

i gotta agree wit ya on that...remember bacc in may of '95 when i was 12 years old walking into modells and buying the go bred 11s a month after they dropped...that happening today will neverrrrrrrr happen just because the hype the 11s have hahaha a nice amount of NTers weren't even born yet...but i don't go around buying jordans just cause they are hyped up...i get the ones that "I" like
It definitely won't and that sucks, but I was born in '92 and I can't understand why the hype is this big. Why kids from my generation make up ******** excuses to buy J's, as I've stated before I never was into J's, I had a pair of 4s handed down to me back in like 2002, saw a pair of black infs in 2004 and went out with my mom thinking that they'd be in stores, obviously they didn't sit for 4 years so I ended up with the charcoal 7s and that's how I started appreciating J's. Had a pair of white cements the year before too but that was something my mom came home with and I just wore them, played soccer in them all that **** cause I only got a pair a year basically.

But these days, I just don't get it. Just a bunch of people trying to fit in thinking that a pair of Jordan's gives them some sort of status or that the other sex gives a **** about what shoes you got on.

Oh well, don't wanna beat a dead horse, I've rambled enough lol I still hope everyone that wants their pairs gets them, just sucks that I have to "hope" and it isn't a guarantee fact that supply will meet demand.

Last edited:
ummm look everyone here gets into it because of hype/status/whatever it is. the columbia colorway is clean as hell too. neutral colors. i just don't think people should complain about how the "real fans" are getting shafted by "people who just want to look cool" - i hear that all the time and sometimes from people who have those websites that resell shoes complaining that resale prices are too high. or even worse, having to justify buying shoes with a history of how they got into shoes?

they're just shoes. and the best thing about them is if you miss out on one, another hyped up release is probably a week away.

ummm look everyone here gets into it because of hype/status/whatever it is. the columbia colorway is clean as hell too. neutral colors. i just don't think people should complain about how the "real fans" are getting shafted by "people who just want to look cool" - i hear that all the time and sometimes from people who have those websites that resell shoes complaining that resale prices are too high. or even worse, having to justify buying shoes with a history of how they got into shoes?

they're just shoes. and the best thing about them is if you miss out on one, another hyped up release is probably a week away.

What's good with people speaking for "everyone" today ? Puzzling. You might've gotten into it because of hype/status/whatever it was but others might not have. And you just made my point in that last section. They are just shoes .. Yet they're this hyped. Shame.

Trinidad James said it best, he respects anyone who's in shoes ether for history, fashion, collecting, bragging rights, resell etc is all the same because you all are buying the shoe. Plus whatever your reason is doesn't make it any better than anyone else's because at the end of the day were in the same big circle.

I learned not to care for the reasons other people buy shoes because they arnt spending my money lol. If they are doing it for a fad they will eventually fade out.

What's good with people speaking for "everyone" today ? Puzzling. You might've gotten into it because of hype/status/whatever it was but others might not have. And you just made my point in that last section. They are just shoes .. Yet they're this hyped. Shame.
I'm probably going to take a break from NikeTalk but yeah I can speak for everyone. I'd just drop a bigger word like consumerism. Maybe they are just shoes and they're this hyped because a bunch of hypebeasts are running all kinds of bots, kids are camping out all day, people who probably should stop wearing some of the trendier shoes drop $1000 on sneakers, and true OGs feel the need to distinguish themselves by saying I got my first pair when I was in 7th grade after recess. And then in high school I got these. And now I want these and I really don't care about hype and status, I just happen to want the shoes that are the most expensive and most desired because of the memories.

Maybe. But I'm done here.

It definitely won't and that sucks, but I was born in '92 and I can't understand why the hype is this big. Why kids from my generation make up ******** excuses to buy J's, as I've stated before I never was into J's, I had a pair of 4s handed down to me back in like 2002, saw a pair of black infs in 2004 and went out with my mom thinking that they'd be in stores, obviously they didn't sit for 4 years so I ended up with the charcoal 7s and that's how I started appreciating J's. Had a pair of white cements the year before too but that was something my mom came home with and I just wore them, played soccer in them all that **** cause I only got a pair a year basically.

But these days, I just don't get it. Just a bunch of people trying to fit in thinking that a pair of Jordan's gives them some sort of status or that the other sex gives a **** about what shoes you got on.

Oh well, don't wanna beat a dead horse, I've rambled enough lol I still hope everyone that wants their pairs gets them, just sucks that I have to "hope" and it isn't a guarantee fact that supply will meet demand.

Not everyone born in the 90's gets Jordan's just because they are "hyped up." I personally get the only Jordan's I personally like, but my reason for choosing Jordan's over any other shoe is because of the personal connection to the player behind these shoe's. I may not have understood everything I was watching, but every game until Jordan retired me and my dad would sit down and watch every game of the Bulls season. I'm still a die hard Bulls fan and wish the the Michael Jordan era still lived on today, but I still have the choice of wearing the same style of shoe's my favorite basketball player wore. The only thing I'm mad at, I didn't grow up with my money so I never was able to afford Jordan's nor get them when picking shoe's for the school year so my basic option were the AF1 all white or all black. Now that I can actually afford a pair, they're extremely hard to get at times, and I've had to pay resale for which I do put a limit to but it doesn't bug me because I really want the shoe and it holds a lot of value to me in other categories rather than just from a monetary perspective.

They only shoes.. Whats the fuss about? Is JB paying yall? Are yall the creator of the designs? If you think criticizing ppl gone change something,you lying to yourself.. Lmao..

lol. popped in here to see if there was any new word on what these will look like and all I see is a giant argument about why people buy shoes. This thread is sure to bring some of everything in the upcoming months
laugh.gif

That cycle is going to continue....as far as demand. by 2016 people will be crying for cool greys and concord 11s again.
They gotta do a "space jam" with a royal blue translucent sole next year they just got to
pimp.gif
 would love to see all the salty people while I happily cop a pair

Trinidad James said it best, he respects anyone who's in shoes ether for history, fashion, collecting, bragging rights, resell etc is all the same because you all are buying the shoe. Plus whatever your reason is doesn't make it any better than anyone else's because at the end of the day were in the same big circle.

I learned not to care for the reasons other people buy shoes because they arnt spending my money lol. If they are doing it for a fad they will eventually fade out.
this!!!! x1000

Exactly. People always want to complain about or judge others for the reasons they choose to buy/collect shoes. At the end of the day it is what it is regardless and just doesn't matter.

I think people skipped over the last part of my post, when I stated that I hope EVERYONE gets their pairs. I didn't mean to start a pointless argument.

You want the shoes, buy the shoes, doesn't matter what you're into. All I was saying was for people to stop making excuses and just say outright, I'm in it cause it's hyped, not some ****** excuse cause where were you in 2004,5,6,7,8 ? And again I'm not saying just cause you've been buying shoes since the early 00's or even earlier that you "deserve" to get recent releases. But when people pull out some ******** card, its a pet peeve of mine lol not even lying about shoes but just lying in general to try and pretend to be someone they aren't. That was the ultimate point of my post, like I've said before, buy what you wanna buy, you and your money have nothing to do with me. JUST BE HONEST, you'll get more respect as a person by doing so.

They gotta do a "space jam" with a royal blue translucent sole next year they just got to
pimp.gif
 would love to see all the salty people while I happily cop a pair
that would be crazyyyyy and then those same people months later will be scouring for pairs of those 

I think people skipped over the last part of my post, when I stated that I hope EVERYONE gets their pairs. I didn't mean to start a pointless argument.

You want the shoes, buy the shoes, doesn't matter what you're into. All I was saying was for people to stop making excuses and just say outright, I'm in it cause it's hyped, not some ****** excuse cause where were you in 2004,5,6,7,8 ? And again I'm not saying just cause you've been buying shoes since the early 00's or even earlier that you "deserve" to get recent releases. But when people pull out some ******** card, its a pet peeve of mine lol not even lying about shoes but just lying in general to try and pretend to be someone they aren't. That was the ultimate point of my post, like I've said before, buy what you wanna buy, you and your money have nothing to do with me. JUST BE HONEST, you'll get more respect as a person by doing so.

I think the issue people are going to continue to have with your post is yoy wanting people to admit they buy shoe's because they're hyped when that isn't necessarily the case. The people from the 80's and 90's can say "where were y'all?" to the OG sneakerheads from the early 2000's. Even then, a lot of us were young in the early 2000's and weren't lucky enough to be born into families that could afford to buy us every Jordan retro that was released. A lot of the people who were young and didn't have money in the early 2000's now are old enough to buy these shoe's and that's exactly what they are doing. Because they like them, not because of hype. Sure, there are people who do buy specific shoe's because of the hype around them, but that doesn't apply to everyone.

I think the issue people are going to continue to have with your post is yoy wanting people to admit they buy shoe's because they're hyped when that isn't necessarily the case. The people from the 80's and 90's can say "where were y'all?" to the OG sneakerheads from the early 2000's. Even then, a lot of us were young in the early 2000's and weren't lucky enough to be born into families that could afford to buy us every Jordan retro that was released. A lot of the people who were young and didn't have money in the early 2000's now are old enough to buy these shoe's and that's exactly what they are doing. Because they like them, not because of hype. Sure, there are people who do buy specific shoe's because of the hype around them, but that doesn't apply to everyone.
Again, there is nothing wrong with you buying these shoes because they are hyped, that is nobody is understanding. The majority of people lining up buy the shoe because of the hype, I wasn't born into a family with money, exact opposite, born into a third world family that had absolutely nothing and came to this country and made something. And once again, I didn't say my post applied to everyone, but definitely to the majority. I even said that just because people have been buying shoes since the beginning or early '00s doesn't mean that they "have the right" or "deserve" every release. It's just crazy that I can't attain a pair of shoes that I'd like to spend my money on because kids wanna look "cool" or "swag out" in them hash tagging them in irrelevant pictures. I don't mind not getting a pair of shoes, as of now I only own 2 pairs of Js, sold everything I had 2 years ago and I am happier now than with 2 pairs than 2 years ago with I'd say, 30 pairs of Js.

In the end though, what's wrong with admitting you're in it for the hype ? It's just being honest, can't one person in here tell me that when you feel, when you could tell that a person is straight up lying, it doesn't get at you the wrong way. I feel like if someone feels some type of way about my post, than maybe just maybe, it applies to the reader.

I get what you're saying tho dunks are my favorite shoe model and it really bothered me how now all of a sudden people want the toff highs. Taking pictures "stuntin" but don't know anything about sbs may even be their only pair. So I see where them ogs coming from. On the other hand I seen plenty of people but a lot of shoes but know nothing about them. Say the closet collector for example so not always with years in comes wisdom

I get what you're saying tho dunks are my favorite shoe model and it really bothered me how now all of a sudden people want the toff highs. Taking pictures "stuntin" but don't know anything about sbs may even be their only pair. So I see where them ogs coming from. On the other hand I seen plenty of people but a lot of shoes but know nothing about them. Say the closet collector for example so not always with years in comes wisdom

Perfect example. I like the SB's, had a random *** pair when I was young that I received as a gift, but I won't sit here and front like I want this and that pair of SB's and play it off like I was into them back in the day. I won't spend my money on a product unless I know 200% that I'll be using it which is not the case today. People buying shoes just to say they have them.

Back
Top Bottom