1st LGBT k-12 grade school to open in Atlanta 9/2016

I don‘t think creating a school catered towards a specific orientation to be a bad thing, but trying to start it at the elementary level is a bit early.

We have private schools with specific religious teachings as well, but orientation deals with sexual preference and a lot of this comes when puberty hits. Not sure how the B and T will fare in this.

People are extremely quick to judge with out recourse though. What specific curriculum does this school offer that makes it so different than others.

People have to also understand that this is a LGBT school.
Well people seem to think that the school is gonna force sexuality on kids in kindergarten or somehow turn kids gay, that idea is ridiculous to me.

I went to a catholic school and we got the whole sexuality talk in the 5th or 6th grade, I don't recall exactly which one of the two.

I assume that this school will follow a similar or equal curriculum than any other school until the kids are of proper age. They will then get a much more in depth talk about sexuality and homosexuality.

I am of the idea that homosexuality is a trait people are born with, not something that is taught or forced. We all knew we felt attracted to girls at a young age, before we grasped the whole idea of sexuality. Every homosexual that I've had some in depth conversations with has told me the same. They felt attraction to other boys just like we felt attraction to girls before we had any idea of what sexuality means.

Last edited:
13k Really isn't alot private school

Bullis in Potomac MD is 32k a year and that's from elementary school on up

Well people seem to think that the school is gonna force sexuality on kids in kindergarten or somehow turn kids gay, that idea is ridiculous to me.
I went to a catholic school and we got the whole sexuality talk in the 5th or 6th grade, I don't recall exactly which one of the two.
I assume that this school will follow a similar or equal curriculum than any other school until the kids are of proper age. They will then get a much more in depth talk about sexuality and homosexuality.
I am of the idea that homosexuality is a trait people are born with, not something that is taught or forced. We all knew we felt attracted to girls at a young age, before we grasped the whole idea of sexuality. Every homosexual that I've had some in depth conversations with has told me the same. They felt attraction to other boys just like we felt attraction to girls before we had any idea of what sexuality means.

Agreed. It‘s because of our hormonal changes. I just think its too early for grade school kids to be engaged in such settings.

I am guessing, they won‘t expose the students to such topica until high school or something.

One of my friends little cousin was about 4-5 when his parents realized he was gay. He only wanted barbies and dolls, wore his moms heels, wanted dresses etc.

Ran around doing splits, cartwheels, and other cheerleader type actions.

This was at the age of 5, he is now 9 and his parents have taken away his dolls and don't let him run around and do splits anymore. 

You can tell when some kids are just going to be gay. I think this school is a good idea it is a safe place for kids, and it is open to all kids.

What happens when there's another form of sexual preference / identity that arises?
What happens if LGBT don't accept them?
Who is to say what forms of sexuality should be tolerated by society and to what length does that extend? Who can define boundaries it if our culture wants to be all inclusive?

just questions..

What happens when there's another form of sexual preference / identity that arises?
What happens if LGBT don't accept them?
Who is to say what forms of sexuality should be tolerated by society and to what length does that extend? Who can define boundaries it if our culture wants to be all inclusive?

just questions..
This is just my personal experience but all the gay people I've went to school with and worked with are good people. They seem a lot more accepting of eachother and others because they don't want to project that same hatred they have to deal with onto others. Again, this is just my personal experience though.

Bullying happens just about everywhere so yes it's possible that gay students may try to bully straight students in such an environment but as an LGBT school I assume the school will deal with it accordingly, if it happens.

One of my friends little cousin was about 4-5 when his parents realized he was gay. He only wanted barbies and dolls, wore his moms heels, wanted dresses etc.
Ran around doing splits, cartwheels, and other cheerleader type actions.

This was at the age of 5, he is now 9 and his parents have taken away his dolls and don't let him run around and do splits anymore. 
You can tell when some kids are just going to be gay. I think this school is a good idea it is a safe place for kids, and it is open to all kids.

What do you mean they don't let him run around and do splits anymore? They should see if he wants to take dance classes.

This is how it started for my cousin also. My aunts said they realized when he was 5 or 6. Acted the same way. They put him in dance classes though. My cousin went on to be an amazing dancer, won a lot of competitions and is now a cheerleader for MSG events. Tried to do broadway but couldn't cut it. He's over 30 now still looks like he's in his mid 20s though.

For me I think it should just be a high school or even grades 6 through 12, Kindergarten is way too early.

Another thing is 'gay schools' have been around for a long time, they're usually called art and design schools :lol:

Agree with the first paragraph, and :rofl: :rofl: at the second

What do you mean they don't let him run around and do splits anymore? They should see if he wants to take dance classes.

This is how it started for my cousin also. My aunts said they realized when he was 5 or 6. Acted the same way. They put him in dance classes though. My cousin went on to be an amazing dancer, won a lot of competitions and is now a cheerleader for MSG events. Tried to do broadway but couldn't cut it. He's over 30 now still looks like he's in his mid 20s though.
His dad is a politician, so I guess it looked bad for his image. They just don't let him do any of those things anymore, he gets in trouble and spanked for those things now. I do think a dance class would be good for him too.

Man, it's like the devil has the city in his hands and is squeezing it as hard as he can. I got to get out ASAP.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So when the kids at this school get bullied, which school will their parents transfer them to?

:lol: Yeah ok y'all can think these type of schools are safe til you find out teachers are touching students.

Acting like normal public schools are a problem.Truth be told bullying ain't even as big as y'all like to think. When I was in school people pretty much left the gay dudes alone. The only ones that got so called "bullied" were the loud, bringing attention to themselves type and most of time it was them that caused the problem. Society is so soft and politically correct now. Any time you question something you're looked at as "bashing". We supposed sit back and act like a gay school for little kids is ok? :lol: :smh:

Y'all can't tell me this **** ain't being promoted.

Back
Top Bottom