1st Official Jordan Brand ONLY Store to open in NYC

I believe Its a space within the store.
When finishline reopened last year part of the store was closed off

Each retro release will be chaos
I said this 3 years ago when hoh opened at 34 street.

Manhattan's new stretch of sneakers stores is no longer soho grand concourse jamaica Ave harlem 125 or downtown brooklyn out door mall if you wanna call it that

Its midtown manhattan

Its 34 street
Only the major chain stotes can handle the square footage in the city and a few sneakers stores on 8 ave

this is another reason why mom and pop that dont want to upgrade there stores appearance are being left in the dust by Nike Jordan so they can sell direct to their largest buyer footlocker

I also called this happening around 2 years when a mom and pop store owner was complaining to me that nike was going to take away his account because the appearance his shop and ya know it happen he lost his account last june

Last edited:
I would've cared in the early 00s.
Yup! Even the mid 00's.  pre-2010, a good amount of retros (at least in my area) were "sitting" and at discount prices before they were gone.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see how a JB run store deals with hyped limited releases. :lol:

Gonna be one of the whackest stores with crappy JB brand cloths, terrible team shoes and merchandise. Only the Air Jordan line will sell and the rest will sit. It would be better if it was a store that got random shipments of random Airs like one day they would have College blue 17s and then next week a random shipment of Gamma 11 then next aqua 8 and so on. Otherwise its just good for jb releases

Gonna be one of the whackest stores with crappy JB brand cloths, terrible team shoes and merchandise. Only the Air Jordan line will sell and the rest will sit. It would be better if it was a store that got random shipments of random Airs like one day they would have College blue 17s and then next week a random shipment of Gamma 11 then next aqua 8 and so on. Otherwise its just good for jb releases

They wouldn't keep making that stuff if people didn't buy it.

this is another reason why mom and pop that dont want to upgrade there stores appearance are being left in the dust by Nike Jordan so they can sell direct to their largest buyer footlocker

I also call this happening around 2 years when a mom and pop store owner was complaining to me that nike was going to take away his account because the appearance his shop and ya know it happen he lost his account last june

Interesting you bring this up as my local mom n' pop recently went under renovation, incorporating space from the store next to it (previously). When they opened, I was expecting loads more inventory and even different products, but it was the same. The place just looked new.

Not necessarily better, just new.

Of course, this could just be coincidence, but then it begs the question: What was the point of renovating, and furthermore, acquiring more space, if it's not being used to accommodate more product?

Last edited:
They wouldn't keep making that stuff if people didn't buy it.
99% of the time the store will barely sell anything unless stuff is on discount like a footlocker. Gotta do something to make it special outside of just calling it Jordan store

Last edited:
99% of the time the store will barely sell anything unless stuff is on discount like a footlocker. Gotta do something to make it special outside of just calling it Jordan store

I worked at footlocker for 3.5 years. I think you're underestimating the rest of the population that isn't into sneakers like that. I'm not saying the team Jordan's fly off of the shelves, but that stuff sells on a consistent basis and in most cases at full price. 90% of the time the stuff we had that went on sale was stuff that we had very few pairs left of. If all people bought was retros the stores would only be open for an hour every other Saturday morning. Like I said, if people didn't buy it, they wouldn't make it.

I worked at footlocker for 3.5 years. I think you're underestimating the rest of the population that isn't into sneakers like that. I'm not saying the team Jordan's fly off of the shelves, but that stuff sells on a consistent basis and in most cases at full price. 90% of the time the stuff we had that went on sale was stuff that we had very few pairs left of. If all people bought was retros the stores would only be open for an hour every other Saturday morning. Like I said, if people didn't buy it, they wouldn't make it.
Back when I lived queens that how things worked. No one bough team jays except on sale but the sneaker culture was a big thing in my area.

not everybody is a "sneakerhead" , people buy this stuff, we just know more about shoes and their history thats all.

Interesting you bring this up as my local mom n' pop recently went under renovation, incorporating space from the store next to it (previously). When they opened, I was expecting loads more inventory and even different products, but it was the same. The place just looked new.

Of course, this could just be coincidence, but then it begs the question: What was the point of renovating, and furthermore, acquiring more space, if it's not being used to accommodate more product?

Part of nikes plan my friend

Nike wants to make every store upscale with an account.

or have the shoes sold in branded stores

Last edited:
not everybody is a "sneakerhead" , people buy this stuff, we just know more about shoes and their history thats all.

especially since "Jordan" is popular, people who know nothing and want to be hip but anything with a jumpman on it

dont ask me how i know... jk

thats all you see around in the suburbs, girls and younger kids who dont know about retros just cop anything with a jumpman

they sell but id never purchase a pair nor would i wear one if i got them for free. most if not all are ugly as hell

This should be more of an attraction/homage to Jordan and the players on his brand than strictly a store.

Part of nikes plan my friend

Nike wants to make every store upscale with an account.

or have the shoes sold in branded its stores

ding ding ding.

I keep saying this, everyone wants to deny it

it's boutiques, the largest chains, then factory stores + niketowns.

it's a wrap for mom n pops.

and if Jordan made a few retros exclusive to this store, there'd be lines down the block, but NT general wants to front like no one cares.

I was just about to tell the same story, are you talking about the spot in Co-op with the Asians or nah? :lol:

Last edited:
so basically this is a good way for these stores to get a good amount of pairs of the hyped up releases.

unfortunately only the big stores and a few well off smaller stores will be able to meet nikes costly demands.

I was just about to tell the same story, are you talking about the spot in Co-op with the Asians or nah? :lol:

Yall not talking about Basics?

i haven't been in there in years. The one black guy that worked there i forgot his name used to always hold me down he was working there since i was a kid.

Yall not talking about Basics?

i haven't been in there in years. The one black guy that worked there i forgot his name used to always hold me down he was working there since i was a kid.
Yup, Basics it is. Been going there for years but no one ever looked out for me haha.

Back
Top Bottom