2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

both of them arent listen to there coner, Banks keep walking back and smith is heading hunting the whole fight and not going to the body

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

Horrible

Paul should win because all that holdin ...

Paul Smith did the exact opposite of everything Pepe asked, he said body, he threw only head shots. He said open him up with left hook, dude threw all right hand leads... @#%$ IDIOT

and Banks Holdin @#%$ got no skills only athletic ability , he backin up when Buddy tellin him come forward, Now u see why dudes is on the contender Fools
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Popcorn & Raisinettes, My Life's a Movie

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you alright there gunna??? :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

@#%$, I'd Right Cross David banks off GP if i seen him in the strreet LMAOOO KNock his jerry curl juice loose HAHA
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

It was pointless to bring Paul back to the house when everyone already knew he couldn't advance just off of being the lowest points-wise.

Even though he lost, I know Banks felt good knowing that he killed Paul's chances to advance.

Finals should be Bika v JR. But Sam is a wildcard....

See ya Wayne.
Out

Just saw this on ESPN.com

Cotto vs Mosley Under Card Announcement:
Antonio Margarito, Joel Casamayor and rising prospect Victor Ortiz will get their next fights on the undercard of Miguel Cotto's bout with Sugar Shane Mosley on Nov. 10.

Promoters Bob Arum and Oscar De La Hoya formally announced their lineup of supporting fights Saturday, filling the Madison Square Garden card with popular boxers for the HBO pay-per-view broadcast.

"Instead of doing what so many promoters -- including ourselves -- have done in the past and put on a junk undercard, we decided we would pack this card so we could show how great the sport is, and how many great fighters there are in the sport," Arum said.

Margarito (34-5, 24 KOs), who lost his WBO welterweight title belt to Paul Williams in July, will fight NABF champ Golden Johnson, who upset Oscar Diaz last November. Margarito already is campaigning to fight the winner of Cotto's meeting with Mosley for the WBA welterweight title.

Casamayor (34-3-1, 21 KOs), the former Cuban Olympian who won the WBC lightweight title last year by beating the late Diego Corrales, will get his first action in 13 months when he fights former titleholder Jose Armando Santa Cruz.

Ortiz (19-1-1, 14 KOs), Arum's prize junior welterweight prospect, will fight former champion Carlos Maussa, who was knocked out by Ricky Hatton in November 2005.

Makes this a even better PPV deal.

Tentative PPV Under Card:
Miguel Cotto vs. Sugar Shane Mosley, 12 rounds, for Cotto's WBA welterweight title; Joel Casamayor vs. Jose Armando Santa Cruz, 12 rounds, for Casamayor's Ring magazine/WBC interim lightweight title; Antonio Margarito vs. TBA, 10 or 12 rounds, welterweights; Victor Ortiz vs. Carlos Maussa, 10 rounds, junior welterweights

Equipo BOXEO
Let's Go White Sox!​

Good Undercard name wise but not fight wise...

Quote:
Margarito already is campaigning to fight the winner of Cotto's meeting with Mosley for the WBA welterweight title.

He doesnt deserve a shot at the winner. He should be workin on that speed bag and tryin to line up Paul Williams again.

roll.gif

String, Im givin him the benefit of the doubbt that he is a good professional and he would come out with a different game plan. but i think he'd lose again too :lol:
laugh.gif

I honestly think he would start earlier against Williams , a good number of writers thought Margarito did enough to win you can take that for whatever its worth , If he starts earlier he has better shot .Williams is a tough night for anybody because of his size and workrate .Notice he name hasnt been mentioned since he won the title well except for the Brief Cintron thing but that Blew over. Any one of the welters in together makes a pretty good fight .

Juan Diaz vs Julio Diaz who are you picking ?
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
[center

I think Victor Ortiz vs. Carlos Maussa can be a really good fight. Maussa is wild, has good power, and comes forward. Him and Ortiz can make for some fireworks. Cassamayor's fights have a tendency to be ugly, but Margarito usually finds himself in entertaining battles.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

How much are tickets? As long as the tickets aren't crazy, i'd definitely go. Juan Diaz is always in entertaining fights, and its kinda hard for two mexicans to put on a bad show.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

Then i say go. Should be a good fight, and Don King's undercards are the best in the business. Just glancing at it, i see Timothy Bradley is on the undercard. Bradley is one of the top prospects in the sport, and it would be pretty cool to see him before he blows up.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

String, Have u ever been to fights live?
If not, I say go no matter what, Ive been to Golden Gloves fights that have been mad exciting . its the atmosphere man, gotta love it

Quote:
String, Have u ever been to fights live?

About 4 times, I've gone to 2 events that were televised on Telefutura last winter and 2 HBO events.

I can't remember anyone from the Telefutura event, but I got 7 or 8 fights for about 30 bucks.

I saw Valuev vs Barrett last year, that was on HBO

I just recently went to see Erik Morrales vs David Diaz.

Also, a amatuer boxing tournament is going to be held at my school (UIC) in the coming weeks.

Quote:
its the atmosphere man, gotta love it
:D
happy.gif

oh yeah String, you DEFINITELY need to go to that amateur tourney. It's the World Boxing Championships. Get to see a ton of future champs before they blow up, and look much smarter than you really are by saying you "saw these guys when they were amateurs."
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Quote:
135 is basically a black hole for Pinoy fighters who had success at 130. Not a good history for us at 135... and I don't think even Manny can break this barrier with his small frame.
laugh.gif

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

some of the weights don't make a huge difference, especially in the lower weightclasses, but 130-135 seems to be the first weight-class that consistently makes a difference on fighters. 130 just seems to be the weight that 122 & 126 pounders end up at for the latter stages of their careers. (Marquez, Barrera, Morales and Pacquiao are all not natural 130 pounders. 135 seems to be filled with more fighters that start at 135 and move up from there.

Also, remember that these guys all starve and drain themselves to make these weight limits. That 5 pound difference is basically 5 pounds of pure muscle. That makes a bit of a difference.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

5 pounds is big difference why be could the guys at 135 are naturally bigger and should be fighting at 140 and they are sweating down to get the advantage. Guys at 135 will more than likely come in at 147-150 on the day of the fight and Manny coming up for 130 would come in on the day of the fight at 142 . So yeah 5 is a big step
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
[center

Quote:
Guys at 135 will more than likely come in at 147-150 on the day of the fight and Manny coming up for 130 would come in on the day of the fight at 142 . So yeah 5 is a big step
Why are boxers allowed to enter at 147-150 when their weight class is 135?
Manny will have problems going up to 135

because they only have to be 135 when they step on the scale at the weigh-in. Before or after that they don't care, they just need to make weight for the weigh-in.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Quote:
Former super middleweight titlist Jeff Lacy was hanging around the Golden Boy Promotions co-promoted Manny Pacquiao-Marco Antonio Barrera fight last week in Las Vegas. Now, we know why.

Lacy was at Mandalay Bay to meet with officials from Oscar De La Hoya's company and to sign a multifight promotional deal that will take him through 2009.

"I've followed Jeff's career since he was an amateur and I always considered him not only one of the most talented fighters out there, but one of the most exciting," De La Hoya said in announcing the signing. "The fans will be in for a treat every time he steps into the ring, and we're proud to have him on our team."

Lacy's first fight under the deal will be on the Dec. 8 Floyd Mayweather-Ricky Hatton HBO PPV undercard, Golden Boy's Eric Gomez told ESPN.com.

Lacy's probable opponent will be Peter Manfredo Jr. of first-season "Contender" fame, according to "Contender" promoter Jeff Wald.

"It's not done yet, but we're trying to work it out," Wald told ESPN.com. "It will be great fight. Both fighters want it and we've already accepted a proposal. It's not up to us though. I think Jeff and Golden Boy are working out their deal. But we would love to have the fight. We love working with Golden Boy."

Lacy (22-1, 17 KOs), a 2000 U.S. Olympian from St. Petersburg, Fla., made four title defenses before losing his 168-pound title via lopsided decision to Joe Calzaghe in March 2006 in England.

Lacy, 30, rebounded to outpoint Vitaly Tyspko in December, but he suffered a severe left shoulder injury in the fight, had surgery and hasn't fought since. He's anxious to get on with his career.

"This was the perfect fit for me at this point in my career and I'm excited about joining the other great fighters on the Golden Boy Promotions team," said Lacy, who said he weighs about 180 pounds and that his shoulder feels strong. "I'm looking forward to getting back in the ring and showing everyone that I'm one of the best fighters in the world today. Most importantly, I want my title back, and I'm going get it in 2008."

If the deal for the Manfredo fight is completed, it will match fighters who were both beaten by Calzaghe. In his first world title bid, Manfredo was stopped in the third round in April in Wales.
-|LESGodSonC0|-
TEAMYANKEES
TEAMGIANTS

Back
Top Bottom