2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

Those Mayweather odds are INSANE. Floyd only -225? The hell?

Still dropping
grin.gif

[table][tr][td]Date &
Time[/td] [td]#[/td] [td]Fighters[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]8-Dec
10:59 PM[/td] [td]1401
1402[/td] [td]Mayweather F
Hatton R
[/td] [td]-210
+170
[/td] [td]-200
+170
11.5 ov-250
[/td] [td]-190
+160
11.5 ov-250
[/td] [td]-220
+180
11.5 ov-260
[/td] [td]-210
+175
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I'm not a gambler, though I've been tempted before...this does seem like a pretty safe bet. I didn't realize the line moved based on bets placed. I could understand if the odds makers moved it based on "experts" putting down money, but I'm not sure why it would move if average joes in theUK put down a lot of money...or maybe there's no way to tell in some cases?

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

Calzaghe n Hopkins was goin at it to havein to have somebody step in lol comedy I think Joe couldnt resist geein him up I hope that fight gos ahead next year cause those 2 dislike eachother alot.

I heard Hopkins just on the radio and start talking about dude. Son was like "I'd whoop his###%. I can't lose to know white boy. I could nevergo back to the hood. I could never go back to Philly."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

Those Mayweather odds are INSANE. Floyd only -225? The hell?

Still dropping
grin.gif

[table][tr][td]Date &
Time[/td] [td]#[/td] [td]Fighters[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]8-Dec
10:59 PM[/td] [td]1401
1402[/td] [td]Mayweather F
Hatton R
[/td] [td]-210
+170
[/td] [td]-200
+170
11.5 ov-250
[/td] [td]-190
+160
11.5 ov-250
[/td] [td]-220
+180
11.5 ov-260
[/td] [td]-210
+175
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I'm not a gambler, though I've been tempted before...this does seem like a pretty safe bet. I didn't realize the line moved based on bets placed. I could understand if the odds makers moved it based on "experts" putting down money, but I'm not sure why it would move if average joes in the UK put down a lot of money...or maybe there's no way to tell in some cases?

My goodness, that is insane. -210?!?!?!? From what i've seen, people are as uncertain or more uncertain as to what will happen in Lacy-Manfredo, andthat one is Lacy -500! Those brits are puttin down CRAZY money.
And Jag, the reason the line moves on any bets is because vegas wants an even amount ofmoney on each fighter. So if a lot of people are putting on one guy, the line moves to try and entice people to put money on the other guy so it balances outagain. By keeping it even, Vegas makes money no matter who wins. If its all on one side, Vegas could end up losing crazy money if the guy everyone put moneyon wins. To play it safe they try to get it even on both sides.

Money Mayweather with the decision. And then he retires. He should have retired after Oscar. Would have given him his swan song.

PBF with 10th round stoppage in a not so exciting fight
its a shame Im such an addict that Im actualkly gonna order this snoozefest/ I wish Berto waso n the undercard

i cannot wait for this fight its gonna be real close but floyd is gonna pull through and show everyone he really is the best

i see the Mayweather hate is sill alive ... hate to break it to all the Ricky Fatton fans , but Fatton will look like an amateur tonight against PBF ... he hasalot of heart no doubt , but his skills leave alot to be desired .....

They gonna be clalin him Ricky Hasbeen after tonight. PBF gonna pull a Calzaghe vs. Lacy on him tonight.

SMH @ Lacy gettin whooped like that, but he's on the road to redemption. Left Hook B_t_h!

I'm pretty sure the fight will be on Sopcast, thats how I watched the PBF/Oscar fight.

PBF is going to win by decision.

Man as bad as I want Hatton to shut Mayweather up, I think maybe Mayweather in 12. Of course this guy does just enough before he takes off on his usualMarathon.

If he can't keep away from Hatton, he will probably get rocked about the 7th or 8th round!

Btw.. Anyone know the names of any of those sports ppv websites, where u can pay $15 or so dollars and get a clear feed of the fight?

Probably decision by PBF, and a boring fight.

PBF needs to fight at least more, and it should be against Cotto, because Cotto will KO him.

Of course this guy does just enough before he takes off on his usual Marathon.

There are plenty of full rounds and fights of PBF on YouTube. Feel free to post the footage of Floyd on one of these "marathons". Helands more than his opponent, while throwing less than his opponent because he boxes without brawling. Side-stepping to keep from being cornered or backedagainst the ropes is not running, it's boxing. He knows his style isn't box-office friendly, so he provides trash-talk that is.

And whatever Floyd wears - for some reason i envision a military redcoat ensemble w/ Union Jack trunks - I just hope he comes out to classical music played ona harpsicord.

Back
Top Bottom