2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

Side-stepping to keep from being cornered or backed against the ropes is not running, it's boxing. He knows his style isn't box-office friendly, so he provides trash-talk that is.

eyes.gif
.. Look we dont need to go to you tube all we need to do islook at the last fight, hell just look at the last five rounds. That my friend was running. I never questioned Mayweather's skill, just his boring$$@6 running. by the way boxing is not 1 man chasing another around the ring.

What time is the fight gonna actually start?

PPV should start around 9pm est.

Originally Posted by Deez122

Side-stepping to keep from being cornered or backed against the ropes is not running, it's boxing. He knows his style isn't box-office friendly, so he provides trash-talk that is.
eyes.gif
.. Look we dont need to go to you tube all we need to do is look at the last fight, hell just look at the last five rounds. That my friend was running. I never questioned Mayweather's skill, just his boring $$@6 running. by the way boxing is not 1 man chasing another around the ring.

What time is the fight gonna actually start?

PPV should start around 9pm est.

laugh.gif
You really think THAT was running?
laugh.gif

yall dudes can prolly watch it on sopca....

prolly watch it as a "study break"

damn exams be killin me

I'll give anyone on this board Ricky Hatton at +500 (max I'll do is $100 to win $500 at those odds though)

Reply here, pm, whatever...

Can someone give us the link when they get a good, clear stream? Includes primarily free, and maybe even a low cost stream if its pure quality.

man maymeather by decision, god knows how much I don't want to see the British teeth smile if Hatton wins....

channelsurfing.net has three links to click ... whats the deal with it? I'm banking on saving some money tonight and just watching this on my computer andgetting some use out of my 26inch samsung im using for a comp monitor

Originally Posted by nickyt6

what time is the main event on in the east coast?
Get your moneys worth and watch the undercard but usually 90 minutes to 2 hours after the PPV begins. Depending if all the undercards go the distanceor if there is one or more early round KOs

Why does anyone like mayweather?
I like him because he's the last one who really understand what it takes to be a boxer.Thats three things:1.Boxing skills,yes he canbox,2.entertaining he can draw in the crowds,3.He knows the business and he will be abled to retire and live with no worrys.

ohwell.gif
I remember every 6 months there was a big fight happening onpay-per-veiw that people wanted to watch but now the sport of boxing is DEAD.

Former two-time heavyweight champion George Foreman was recently interviewed by The Star and was far from kind to WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. I sense a pattern among the veterans of the sport who dislike Floyd, and I believe Mayweather's comments about being the best fighter in the history of boxing have turned the veterans of the game against him.

Foreman dislikes Mayweather's flashy image and the fighter's boasts of standing toe-to-toe with opponents, while not following through on that promise. Foreman hopes Ricky Hatton pulls off the upset at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"I love Hatton and I hope he really beats up Mayweather. I think Hatton has got great style and he's always a crowd pleaser, wherever he goes. But who is Mayweather? He's a nobody. When he was young he was a loveable little fella but something went wrong and changed inside him," Foreman said. "Now he is always cursing and bad-mouthing other fighters. The guy deserves an Oscar for some of the stuff he says. There is no way I would consider him to be the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. He is good but he made a fool of himself against Oscar De La Hoya. He was in the greatest fight of his career and he just ran and ran like a chicken. De La Hoya brought that fight to him all night but I didn't like his style and the way he approached the fight. I thought he was very lucky to win it on points."

Foreman says that Hatton should have never accepted a fight with Mayweather, because he put himself in a no-win situation where the hometown judges could rob him on the cards.

"Hatton is a fighter I was interested in following for a very long time, but I really wish he hadn't decided to fight Mayweather. He doesn't need Mayweather. He doesn't need the risk of possibly losing his undefeated record and risking his future in the sport. It is just like when I decided to fight Ali. I just don't know why I chose to do it. I really shouldn't have done it. I took the fight to Ali round after round but then the next thing I knew, I was on the floor. Hatton doesn't need this fight to prove himself. Even worse, it is almost a fight he cannot win. Hatton could beat him up in every round but the judges will just see Mayweather's fancy shots and they'll give the decision to him."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I have a Macbook where online can I watch the fight at, I'll pay some if I have too for a better picture

As much as I think Mayweather's head hasn't been in this fight, and Hatton is much more focused, I think that Mayweather's natural talent is goingto be enough for him to win this fight. I expect it to be Mayweather vs Baldomir Part 2, just not quite as lopsided. Hatton will try to hit that one big blowto put Mayweather out, but PBF is just too quick for him. Hatton will try to go to the body, but won't get the solid contact he's looking for. Thenhe'll start head hunting, and that's when Floyd will really score on him. Floyd will just land clean shot after clean shot. None will have the power toknock Hatton out, but I'm expecting a rather easy unanimous decision for Floyd.

Hatton can laugh at Floyd's training with Roger, but when it comes down to it, that speed is what's going to win PBF the fight.

I'll go with 117-111 decision.

Back
Top Bottom