2008 Australian Open

ali bombaye !!!

get it tsonga! you cassius clay lookin' fool you
laugh.gif

djokavic and his 'section' irritate me.

good looks tSamShoX and SinnerP.

but...they flip a coin, player A wins the toss, he serves. but when is it player B's turn? do they rotate serves every game?

and as far as jamming goes, i figured there was no rule against it. but i can't ever remember seeing it, mind you i don't watch a lot of tennis. buti would think that it would be harder to return a ball thats coming straight at your mid-section or your face than one that's to your side...at leastreturning it with something on it or hitting it where you want it.

don't guys also "apologize" when they hit a ball that grazes the top of the net and just falls right over making it unable to return?

this is going to be a longer match than i expected

djokovic rattled tsonga's confidence a bit it seems.

^
Yeah it does seem that way. Tsonga needs to get back to that level of confidence he had against Rafa where he could do no wrong.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

good looks tSamShoX and SinnerP.

but...they flip a coin, player A wins the toss, he serves. but when is it player B's turn? do they rotate serves every game?

and as far as jamming goes, i figured there was no rule against it. but i can't ever remember seeing it, mind you i don't watch a lot of tennis. but i would think that it would be harder to return a ball thats coming straight at your mid-section or your face than one that's to your side...at least returning it with something on it or hitting it where you want it.

don't guys also "apologize" when they hit a ball that grazes the top of the net and just falls right over making it unable to return?

The winner of the coin flip may choose to serve or to receive... the other player gets to choose which side of the court they start on... they then rotatethe serves...

Jammin - say if you aim for the midsection, the guy might (if he has quick hands) just stick his racquet out to block and if he's lucky the ball might justdeflect back over to his opponent's side... and that might end up turning into a drop-shot which would be a disadvantage to you if you are at the back ofthe court... if you aim for his head, you'll need to hit the ball with some pace in order for it to be effective... you'll usually end up hitting theball long/out...

its generally a courtesy to apologize if you clip the net-tape and the ball just drops over, because its usually down to luck whether the ball goes over orfalls back... though I don't think they usually mean it...
happy.gif

not looking good for tsonga two sets to one.

i'm surprised djokovic turned the momentum around, but he looks energized compared to his opponent

stunning ball-striking by both guys... still amazed at how they slide on hard courts...

Edit
ooooohh... cramps, strains...? the plot thickens...

Congrats to Novak. Really wanted to see Tsonga win too. Hopefully he has a good season and doesn't succomb to the fate of the other Aussie Open runner-ups.

Anyways, this should be a great season.

I'll post more when I'm more awake.
laugh.gif

Novak and Tsonga matchup was wow. What a way to close the tournament.

Btw, has noyone seen Dokovic impersation of Rafa, Sharapova and Roddick?
roll.gif

^ yeah, but is overdone though... they keep asking him to do impressions, but even he's getting sick of it...

I just saw it for the first time on Youtube @ US open..

haha.. yeah i'd get sick of it already!

Originally Posted by YoungBuck32

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by YoungBuck32

I hope Tsonga destroys Djokovic in the final. There's no other player in tennis I hate more than Djokovic. The antics his parents pull off makes Yuri Sharapov look like a saint.
agreed...but what did his parents do?

I could be typing forever listing all the stuff they've done through the years. During matches, don't let anyone cheer against Djokovic in the match. Everytime someone around them cheers for Djokovic's opponent they'll yell at the fans and stare them down. It's like they expect everyone to be cheering for Novak. It happens every single match, not just certain ones. Also during matches his parents will stare down Novak's opponents when they are on the same side of the court where their box is located.

Two years ago at match against Federer, Roger called out Djokovic on his use of injury timeouts whenever he was losing. It wasn't a one time incident with Novak, he was doing this all the time and players were getting annoyed so Roger decided to call him out on it. Once it happened, Djokovic's parents went to the media and said Roger was scared of Novak since Novak was better than him. Then after Roger beat Djokovic at the US Open final the first thing his parents did was go to the media and tell them Novak is better than Roger.

His use of injury timeouts is just one more similarity that he and Jankovic share. I can only assume that these tactics are taught in Serbia.

Anyway, it was a great slam. I was very happy to see Sharapova take it on the women's side, and disappointed to see Djokovic take it on the men'sside. But Tsonga will be back. He's made it clear that he has become a force to be reckoned with, and I'm excited to see where he goes.

It was nice watching the Open with you guys.

Back
Top Bottom