2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by Big J 33

We'll find out what happens by the deadline.

I'm still holding out hope that Jefferies can somehow get moved.

It's going to be a real sucker punch to get this far and get so close to the deadline, not to have Jefferies moved.
eek.gif

indifferent.gif
dudes thinking T-mac would curse the team. So if he's on the Lakers, you really think the Lakers would lose to any team in the first round?
smh.gif
He's actually put up decent #s in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by enrique23

i wouldnt want a First round virgin on my team, so he can go curse the cavs if he wants
You're not talking about T-Mac because he's been to the First round many times 
eyes.gif

Rudy Gay? 
I thought he got out once and that was last year when he wasnt even playing. Correct me if I'm wrong?
First round virgin = hasn't been to the first round = hasn't been to the playoffs. Mac has been to the playoffs a bunch of times. What he is, or was depending on how technical you want to get, is a second round virgin, meaning he hasn't gotten past the first round. 

i wouldnt want a First round virgin on my team, so he can go curse the cavs if he wants
eyes.gif

Rudy Gay? 
I thought he got out once and that was last year when he wasnt even playing. Correct me if I'm wrong?
T-mac is a second round virgin, not first. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

eyes.gif

Rudy Gay? 
First round virgin = hasn't been to the first round = hasn't been to the playoffs. Mac has been to the playoffs a bunch of times. What he is, or was depending on how technical you want to get, is a second round virgin, meaning he hasn't gotten past the first round. 
Touche my good man. It's late im out. Hope to see T-Mac in a Knickerbocker jersey tomorrow.
pimp.gif

smh.gif
@ T-Mac trying to take the easy route and signing with the Cavs or Lakers. I understand him wanting a ring but if he REALLY has something left, I'd rather see him go to a team like the Hawks, Jazz, or Raptors to try to help put them over the top.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

FRANCHISE 55 wrote:

I'd trade Monta to get Gay in a heartbeat.

roll.gif
...I'm so childish.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LiL Stevie728 wrote:
smh.gif
 @ T-Mac trying to take the easy route and signing with the Cavs or Lakers. I understand him wanting a ring but if he REALLY has something left, I'd rather see him go to a team like the Hawks, Jazz, or Raptors to try to help put them over the top. 

well hes been in the playoffs many times already, id assume he already took the hard route already and couldnt do it
and with the injuries building up, he's realized he's not the number 1 option anymore, mind as well sign with a contender now and not risk any injuries down the line that would derail a chance at a ring

Originally Posted by Big J 33

We'll find out what happens by the deadline.

I'm still holding out hope that Jefferies can somehow get moved.

It's going to be a real sucker punch to get this far and get so close to the deadline, not to have Jefferies moved.
eek.gif

?

I'm just stating the obvious that the potential for the Knicks as a 3rd team still exists, plus any last minute trades are still a possibility. 

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

bg2s08.png

This seems to be what will end up happening. Picks and cash would also be involved.

I think if anything Hill goes to Sac. Houston got what they wanted. Now its upto giving Petrie what he wants.

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

SNH at how some of you guys giving T-Mac the AI cancer treatment.....I'd take him on LA any day!
To me it's not so much that he is a cancer, it's more that I'm not sure what he brings to the table to justify risking a chemistry problem on a contender. His body has started to break down in the last five years or so, and he's coming off microfracture surgery. Players that got the surgery at a later point in their careers were never the same. So I think there is good reason to be cautious in taking on TMac, especially if he has trouble accepting the fact that he may no longer be a first or second option. 

It sounds like their goal is trying to make this a three-team deal, but if that doesn't work then it'll be Rockets and Kings straight up

SNH at how some of you guys giving T-Mac the AI cancer treatment.....I'd take him on LA any day!
To me it's not so much that he is a cancer, it's more that I'm not sure what he brings to the table to justify risking a chemistry problem on a contender. His body has started to break down in the last five years or so, and he's coming off microfracture surgery. Players that got the surgery at a later point in their careers were never the same. So I think there is good reason to be cautious in taking on TMac, especially if he has trouble accepting the fact that he may no longer be a first or second option. 
Agreed. The risk is not worth the reward.

i pray the knicks stay out of this deal
it would decrease their odds of signing a superstar when they went all in 
laugh.gif

I think he'd understand he's not going to be a first or second option if he wants to go to the Lakers or Cavs. I'm sure he's accepted that LeBron and Kobe would be the main scorers and next up probably Gasol and Jamison or something.

WojYahooNBA: If T-Mac gets buy out with Kings, he privately hopes to sign with Lakers or Cavaliers for the playoffs, source close to him tells Y!

WojYahooNBA: No evidence Lakers would have interest, but Danny Ferry kept an eye on T-Mac this season. That said, unclear if either team would want him. less than a minute ago from web

do it mitch!

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

LiL Stevie728 wrote:
smh.gif
and with the injuries building up, he's realized he's not the number 1 option anymore, mind as well sign with a contender now and not risk any injuries down the line that would derail a chance at a ring

But the Lakers or Cavs? Both of those teams wouldn't even need to suit him up and they would still have a good chance to win it all. I'm not saying go to another team to be their savior or #1 or #2 guy, I'm talking about him going to a team like the Jazz or Hawks or even the Magic to provide some scoring off the bench. Teams that are good but as of now, aren't on the same level as the Lakers, Cavs, or healthy Celtics. If T-Mac can still score 10-15 a game then he could help those teams match up against the heavyweights.

Back
Top Bottom