:::2011-2012 Houston Texans Fans Thread:::

laugh.gif
I had never seen this pic til now
images

So um...looks like we have a receiver problem, as we are now down to 3:

[h1]Texans' Walter to undergo MRI on injured collarbone on Monday[/h1]
[img]http://www.chron.com/mediaMana...ion=get&id=1591541&width=628&height=471[/img] 

If Kevin Walter's MRI on Monday shows a serious injury to his collarbone, the Texans will have to add another receiver to the roster.

Depending on the severity of the injury -- like a broken collarbone -- Walter could be out from four to eight weeks.

There are national media reports that Walter could be out from eight to 10 weeks.

"I'm concerned," Walter said after the game. "I'm going to treat the heck out of it and be ready to roll as soon as possibe. I've never had anything like this before (so), there's always concern.

"Getting MRI in the morning and will know more after that. I'll be back soon; you can count on that."

Jacoby Jones would start in Walter's place. Bryant Johnson, who made the team as the fourth receiver despite playing one preseason game, would be elevated into the third spot.

The Texans could sign a veteran like David Anderson, who played his first five seasons with the Texans and was waived by Denver in the last roster reduction, or sign undrafted rookie Jeff Maehl from the practice squad.

After the game, Gary Kubiak said he didn't know the extent of the injury when he was asked if the injury was a separation or dislocation.

"Kevin has a shoulder issue," Kubiak said. "I'll know more tomorrow."

Meanwhile, running back Derrick Ward suffered a sprained ankle. If he misses a game, the Texans know they have Ben Tate and Steve Slaton at the least. They might get Arian Foster back after he sat out the Indianapolis game because of his hamstring injury.

Originally Posted by do work son

saints steelers and ravens 3 out of the next 5 weeks. more reason we need to beat teams like the dolphins and raiders

Tough games, but they're beatable teams just like all the other 31 teams.  This is definitely a test for us to see how we stack up against the elite.  One thing these 3 teams have in common is that they thrive on turnovers.  We can't afford to make mistakes (I'm talking to you Schaub).  We gotta bring our A+ game.  

The lack of WR depths worries me, I'd like to see them just move Jeff Maehl off the practice squad.
But if they prefer a veteran here's what they're looking at:
Terrell Owens
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Chris Chambers
Brandon Stokley
Donnie Avery
Justin Gage
David Anderson
Ruvell Martin
Kelley Washington
Johnnie Lee Higgins (KR)
Sinorice Moss (KR)
Brandon Jones
Michael Clayton
Devard Darling
Malcolm Kelly
Mike Furrey
Andre Davis (KR)
Greg Lewis
Antwaan Randle El (PR)
Hank Baskett
Brian Finneran
David Clowney (KR)
Demetrius Williams
Buster Davis
Roydell Williams
Isaiah Stanback (KR)

Originally Posted by blackxme

The lack of WR depths worries me, I'd like to see them just move Jeff Maehl off the practice squad.
But if they prefer a veteran here's what they're looking at:
Terrell Owens
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Chris Chambers
Brandon Stokley
Donnie Avery
Justin Gage
David Anderson
Ruvell Martin
Kelley Washington
Johnnie Lee Higgins (KR)
Sinorice Moss (KR)
Brandon Jones
Michael Clayton
Devard Darling
Malcolm Kelly
Mike Furrey
Andre Davis (KR)
Greg Lewis
Antwaan Randle El (PR)
Hank Baskett
Brian Finneran
David Clowney (KR)
Demetrius Williams
Buster Davis
Roydell Williams
Isaiah Stanback (KR)
RANDY MOSS

laugh.gif

That's quite a bit of FA WRs than I realized. I think realistically, the Texans will either resign David Anderson or bring up somebody from the practice squad. Kub loves
Anderson, and Anderson would love to be back, plus the Texans are more likely to keep system guys than to do something really out of character (Moss, T.O., Housh).

Brandon Jones, Justin Gage, and Roydell Williams are all garbage though
laugh.gif
. Those are some of the worst WRs the Titans ever had, and they just kept them around for
I don't know how long.

The thought of them actually getting Randy Moss 
roll.gif

But apparently Walter's injury isn't as serious as it was reported to be source
Texans coach Gary Kubiak said Monday that wide receiver Kevin Walter has a bruised collarbone and hasn't been ruled out for Sunday's game against Miami.

Kubiak said an MRI showed there is no fracture to Walter's collarbone. Kubiak said Walter will be re-evaluated Wednesday. If he can't start, Jacoby Jones will replace him in the lineup. Bryant Johnson would move up one spot on the depth chart.

If Walter can't play, they'll sign a free agent or elevate a player like Jeff Maehl, an undrafted rookie free agent out of Oregon, from the practice squad.

The texans never sign "bad character" so guys like T.O. and randy moss are out of the question. Bring back david anderson, and just keep it moving

Just like we said
laugh.gif
, i ain't mad
mediaManager

The Texans have signed free agent receiver David Anderson.

Anderson, 28, played his first five seasons with the Texans. He was waived after the lockout and signed with Denver. The Broncos waived him in the roster reduction to 53.

Anderson (5-10, 192) gives them a fifth receiver and insurance in case the injured Kevin Walter misses some time. Walter suffered a badly bruised collarbone in the 34-7 victory over Indianapolis.

Anderson worked out for the Texans on Tuesday.

Jacoby Jones is expected to start opposite Andre Johnson. Bryant Johnson would be elevated to the third spot. Anderson, who also plays special teams, would become the fourth wideout.

Anderson's best season was 2009 when he caught 38 passes for 370 yards, including 22 that produced first downs. Last season, he had 11 receptions for 117 yards and 10 first downs.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Just like we said
laugh.gif
, i ain't mad
mediaManager

The Texans have signed free agent receiver David Anderson.

Anderson, 28, played his first five seasons with the Texans. He was waived after the lockout and signed with Denver. The Broncos waived him in the roster reduction to 53.

Anderson (5-10, 192) gives them a fifth receiver and insurance in case the injured Kevin Walter misses some time. Walter suffered a badly bruised collarbone in the 34-7 victory over Indianapolis.

Anderson worked out for the Texans on Tuesday.

Jacoby Jones is expected to start opposite Andre Johnson. Bryant Johnson would be elevated to the third spot. Anderson, who also plays special teams, would become the fourth wideout.

Anderson's best season was 2009 when he caught 38 passes for 370 yards, including 22 that produced first downs. Last season, he had 11 receptions for 117 yards and 10 first downs.

hes got solid hands, and a good underneath receiver. i don't expect him to beat anyone deep, go up over anybody etc. all we need from him is on 3rd and medium to just go sit down in a zone and catch the ball.

Exactly. One thing i also noticed, David Anderson is always the hardest hit receiver. I remember him being lit up bad in that Washington
game. LOL it's like they purposely seek him out.

Exactly. One thing i also noticed, David Anderson is always the hardest hit receiver. I remember him being lit up bad in that Washington
game. LOL it's like they purposely seek him out.

nah, he's just 5'5 150 lbs lol. anytime he gets hit, its gonna look nasty

Originally Posted by Statis22

Meh its okay, I probably would have liked them to go after Donnie Avery.

i like donnie avery, just because he went to UH the same time i was there. but 2nd round draft picks don't just get cut from a team all together. i don't know exactly what happened, but where there's smoke there's fire
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

Meh its okay, I probably would have liked them to go after Donnie Avery.

i like donnie avery, just because he went to UH the same time i was there. but 2nd round draft picks don't just get cut from a team all together. i don't know exactly what happened, but where there's smoke there's fire
grin.gif

exactly.

plus i want someone who has been there before and its not gonna be an issue with timing and the learning curve, this is a solid signing
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

any word on the mini NT summit at a texans game? have we decided which game and how we're going to buy tickets? and are we all sitting together or just tailgating together?

LOL I was assuming it was gonna be either ATL, the Panthers, or the 2nd Titans game so people can save money. And I'm also gonna assume it'll just
be tailgating, cause I'm sure my ticket will be way up top in section 600.

Oh, and Donnie Avery tore his ACL last year with one year left on his contract, so they just cut ties with him.

mediaManager

mediaManager
mediaManager

mediaManager
mediaManager

mediaManager
mediaManager

mediaManager
mediaManager

I'm Sayin
mediaManager
mediaManager

mediaManager
laugh.gif
Tim Dobbins trollin in Xavier Adibi's jersey
mediaManager
mediaManager

mediaManager

"Hi I'm Kerry Collins and i will not be getting sacked today"
Spoiler [+]
mediaManager
"No this n__ did not get both feet in"
mediaManager
mediaManager

mediaManager
mediaManager

mediaManager
mediaManager

mediaManager

LOL I was assuming it was gonna be either ATL, the Panthers, or the 2nd Titans game so people can save money. And I'm also gonna assume it'll just

Oh, and Donnie Avery tore his ACL last year with one year left on his contract, so they just cut ties with him.
if yall do a Titans game im down to drive  up from san antonio

any word on the mini NT summit at a texans game? have we decided which game and how we're going to buy tickets? and are we all sitting together or just tailgating together?
Like peep game said it's either the Atl, Car, or Tenn game. We didn't discuss if we were just going to tailgate or sit together. I'm assuming everyone has a different
amount of money they can spend. I think around November we'll all have a better idea of how much we can really spend.

Football related: It's good to hear Arian was out there for practice today. I can't wait for him to get out on that field and prove he's not a one-hit-wonder
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

if yall do a Titans game im down to drive  up from san antonio

yeah that sounds good

AJ-Finnegan-300x300.jpg

Spoiler [+]
im kidding, im not about that life
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom