2011 Air Jordan III (3) Blk/Cement-Grey: Aftermath Thread

Dudes writing MLK type speeches because of shoes.  Citing people being out of town as being "less privileged", 
laugh.gif

It's really not that *%@$##* serious anymore, as you get older you will figure it out.  Nike/JB created this and can you blame them, I'm sure their profit margins aren't hurt.  They can release any "classic" at any time and people will flock to it.

I missed out on this release, five years ago, I would've made sure I was on the internet on time to place my order.  Now, if I get them I get them, if I don't, I don't *shrugs*.  I was having dinner with the fam, when I noticed the time.  Knew it was a wrap, so continued to chill, not a damn was given that night.

I can fathom the idea of buying shoes to resell; but imo, resellers have zero integrity for sneaker enthusiasm
and just create a mystic demand that only hurts those who just want a little piece of the pie.
So paying JB/Nike $165-175 for these "reincarnations" of a classic is ok.  JB has gradually plundered it's loyal base, it's disgusting now.  Resellers aren't creating the hype or "mystic" demand, Nike/JB is, resellers are just capitalizing on top of that.
Personally, i've never purchased multiple pairs for the sake of reselling and making a profit off of less
privileged people (who were either out of town with family, didn't have money saved yet, other financial
priorities, etc.).
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Perhaps i'm too compasionate of a person. I have the blood of a philanthropist because my father
always taught me to give back to the community (he was a social worker who made very little but
gave a lot... my roots are with him and I still mentor to this very day on the weekends: i believe in the kids)
laugh.gif
, It's a *%@$##* pair of shoes that NO ONE needs.

I mentioned that some people may not have enough money saved up, then immediately i stated due to
financial obligations/reasons for whatever it may be (e.g. if a family member was sick and i had to assist with
medical bills because their insurance was covering the bare minimum or a dear friend of mine got a DUI the
week the Concords were to be released and i intended to allocate that money to shoes but now must help a
comrade in dire need - i will react accordingly).
If they don't NEED the shoes why are they putting themselves in financial peril just to satisfy a "want".  It's nice to want and save for things, but if you can't afford it then you can't afford it.  Tough lesson, but that's life.  Hey, I would love to have an Audi R8 as a weekend car, but that is a luxury I can't afford and I don't feel "less privileged" or feel like my dream has been shattered because I don't have that car in my driveway.

And think about the less fortunate and ultimately, the kids...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  Stop buying $175 dollar shoes every other month and donate your time and money to the less fortunate if you feel that badly.  You don't need these shoes, you can buy some vans for $45 and use the remaining $130 to buy a couple of pairs for truly needy children.

Dudes writing MLK type speeches because of shoes.  Citing people being out of town as being "less privileged", 
laugh.gif

It's really not that *%@$##* serious anymore, as you get older you will figure it out.  Nike/JB created this and can you blame them, I'm sure their profit margins aren't hurt.  They can release any "classic" at any time and people will flock to it.

I missed out on this release, five years ago, I would've made sure I was on the internet on time to place my order.  Now, if I get them I get them, if I don't, I don't *shrugs*.  I was having dinner with the fam, when I noticed the time.  Knew it was a wrap, so continued to chill, not a damn was given that night.

I can fathom the idea of buying shoes to resell; but imo, resellers have zero integrity for sneaker enthusiasm
and just create a mystic demand that only hurts those who just want a little piece of the pie.
So paying JB/Nike $165-175 for these "reincarnations" of a classic is ok.  JB has gradually plundered it's loyal base, it's disgusting now.  Resellers aren't creating the hype or "mystic" demand, Nike/JB is, resellers are just capitalizing on top of that.
Personally, i've never purchased multiple pairs for the sake of reselling and making a profit off of less
privileged people (who were either out of town with family, didn't have money saved yet, other financial
priorities, etc.).
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Perhaps i'm too compasionate of a person. I have the blood of a philanthropist because my father
always taught me to give back to the community (he was a social worker who made very little but
gave a lot... my roots are with him and I still mentor to this very day on the weekends: i believe in the kids)
laugh.gif
, It's a *%@$##* pair of shoes that NO ONE needs.

I mentioned that some people may not have enough money saved up, then immediately i stated due to
financial obligations/reasons for whatever it may be (e.g. if a family member was sick and i had to assist with
medical bills because their insurance was covering the bare minimum or a dear friend of mine got a DUI the
week the Concords were to be released and i intended to allocate that money to shoes but now must help a
comrade in dire need - i will react accordingly).
If they don't NEED the shoes why are they putting themselves in financial peril just to satisfy a "want".  It's nice to want and save for things, but if you can't afford it then you can't afford it.  Tough lesson, but that's life.  Hey, I would love to have an Audi R8 as a weekend car, but that is a luxury I can't afford and I don't feel "less privileged" or feel like my dream has been shattered because I don't have that car in my driveway.

And think about the less fortunate and ultimately, the kids...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  Stop buying $175 dollar shoes every other month and donate your time and money to the less fortunate if you feel that badly.  You don't need these shoes, you can buy some vans for $45 and use the remaining $130 to buy a couple of pairs for truly needy children.

PLEASE PROVIDE CLARITY:
I just compared the box of my newly acquired Blk/Cement 3's with my 2011 TB's and the Black Cement box is a lot bigger. (see photo)

Can someone confirm that this is normal? Or compare their boxes.

c6qvn.jpg

PLEASE PROVIDE CLARITY:
I just compared the box of my newly acquired Blk/Cement 3's with my 2011 TB's and the Black Cement box is a lot bigger. (see photo)

Can someone confirm that this is normal? Or compare their boxes.

c6qvn.jpg

those that ordered off CT

I got the confirmation order after placing it , I just checked my order history tab & there has been no update... anyone receive any updates ?

those that ordered off CT

I got the confirmation order after placing it , I just checked my order history tab & there has been no update... anyone receive any updates ?

Originally Posted by Shawn79

i bought a pair of 9.5 is its 0.5 too big, what is the best way to get them to fit like a glove?

step on them about 10 times & they seem to fit better 
or wear 3 pairs of tube socks , maybe 4 

Originally Posted by Shawn79

i bought a pair of 9.5 is its 0.5 too big, what is the best way to get them to fit like a glove?

step on them about 10 times & they seem to fit better 
or wear 3 pairs of tube socks , maybe 4 

Buy one of those aftermarket insoles from ftl or wherever. It'll raise your foot and fill the shoe a little bit more and also give I more cushion. I do it for all my retros ESP since the production insoles are flimsy and so thin, plus when I bought my 6-17 and 7-16 CDPs the 6 and 7 fit a little big to me so with the insoles they fit a lot better and are a lot more comfortable

Buy one of those aftermarket insoles from ftl or wherever. It'll raise your foot and fill the shoe a little bit more and also give I more cushion. I do it for all my retros ESP since the production insoles are flimsy and so thin, plus when I bought my 6-17 and 7-16 CDPs the 6 and 7 fit a little big to me so with the insoles they fit a lot better and are a lot more comfortable

finishline.com usually restocks sizes the following Monday (sometimes Tuesday) after rd,usually around 10 am or 11am est....which is 3-4 hours away
But as always,those restocks are hit or miss since those shoes are coming directly from stores around the country,who may sell the shoe before fulfilling your order.

Thanks for niketown info,gonna try my luck today and hopefully get my size

finishline.com usually restocks sizes the following Monday (sometimes Tuesday) after rd,usually around 10 am or 11am est....which is 3-4 hours away
But as always,those restocks are hit or miss since those shoes are coming directly from stores around the country,who may sell the shoe before fulfilling your order.

Thanks for niketown info,gonna try my luck today and hopefully get my size

Originally Posted by LeoUnot

the perforations on the tongue of my left shoe are not as big as the ones on right shoe..Anyone else encountering this problem???
Unless you wear your shoes without laces and/or the size of the perforations are THAT visible to the naked eye, I think you are nitpicking to the nth degree.....

Originally Posted by LeoUnot

the perforations on the tongue of my left shoe are not as big as the ones on right shoe..Anyone else encountering this problem???
Unless you wear your shoes without laces and/or the size of the perforations are THAT visible to the naked eye, I think you are nitpicking to the nth degree.....

definitely purchasing another pair but on a different note it irks the hell out of me how some of you "men" come in here and nit pick about your pair(s) and so on and so forth but continue to purchase jordans.the biggest solution is to just stop buying them or shut up since you're just going to continue to support JB.

definitely purchasing another pair but on a different note it irks the hell out of me how some of you "men" come in here and nit pick about your pair(s) and so on and so forth but continue to purchase jordans.the biggest solution is to just stop buying them or shut up since you're just going to continue to support JB.

Originally Posted by SneakerFee

I hear ya man.

But if we as consumers want a  more superior product, we have the right to complain about it in hopes the company hears us.  But you are right they aren't going to change if we all keep purchasing. 

But its a message board this is what its for lol.  \

I know it was recent but i haven't bought jordans since White Cements.  I have an attachment to some jordans from being a kid.  But this is getting slightly ridiculous $160 is no joke.  I love concords they are my grails.  But i can't tell you how much i regret buying spacejams just because of the $175 price tag and them being one of the most uncomfortable shoes i own.  My logical side will probably not allow me to pay $175 (185.5 post tax) for such a low quality product. 

Back on topic my black cement 3s come in thursday from eastbay hopefully i get an A-grade pair
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerFee

I hear ya man.

But if we as consumers want a  more superior product, we have the right to complain about it in hopes the company hears us.  But you are right they aren't going to change if we all keep purchasing. 

But its a message board this is what its for lol.  \

I know it was recent but i haven't bought jordans since White Cements.  I have an attachment to some jordans from being a kid.  But this is getting slightly ridiculous $160 is no joke.  I love concords they are my grails.  But i can't tell you how much i regret buying spacejams just because of the $175 price tag and them being one of the most uncomfortable shoes i own.  My logical side will probably not allow me to pay $175 (185.5 post tax) for such a low quality product. 

Back on topic my black cement 3s come in thursday from eastbay hopefully i get an A-grade pair
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hostos

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Originally Posted by dRokDaSpot

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

what happen? what was their reason?

sorry to hear that man.... did you get a reason or just got cancel confirmation?
Code:
Thank you for your recent NikeStore.com order. Unfortunately the item(s) ordered were not available and are not available for back order. Your payment method has not been charged.We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please visit NikeStore.com again soon as styles and colors change often! This email message has been automatically generated. Replies are not monitored. For questions regarding your order, return or refund, please contact NikeStore.com Customer Service at 1-800-806-6453.Sincerely,NikeStore.com
Code:
Code:
Thats what they sent me
ouch
dont remember who, but some dude called it (nike cancellations) a few pages back and everybody was hating on him

sorry to hear this my man

That's because he kept repeating it on some catty hating +@$ like four or five times. Which was uncalled for and childish. As if everyones orders were going to be messed up. As if NDC is some new website people just started using. One cancellation out of thousands isn't bad. Nothing is 100%.

Finishline and Eastbay normally cancel numerous orders. Ive had more Finishline orders canceled than went through, and I only had one Nike order canceled, and was lucky enough to get them on a small restock even though they were limited.

Back
Top Bottom