2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

come on now what kind of question is that.
A dumb one.
laugh.gif

Stanford/USC:

- Crazy game, roller coaster of emotions
grin.gif
embarassed.gif
frown.gif
grin.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

- Our defense came to play.
- Our weaknesses have become our strengths and vice versa.  Woods/Barkley is not clicking right now and our Special Teams unit has been making some critical mistakes.  The defense has stepped up the past two weeks, and it seems like a running game has been found and the Oline has gelled.
- Andrew Luck played a great game, he's an ugly goofy looking $!%@***+*#%* but dude is a great QB.  Even when we had pressure or a defender was around his legs, he would find a way to get rid of the ball.
- Even the pick he threw, his receiver didn't follow through.  That pick that Robey housed
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

- Curtis %+!+$!!!%++!! Moody McNeal
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
, despite the fumble at the end, kids a gamer.
- TJ McDonald, can't be doing that +%** man
30t6p3b.gif

- So many missed opportunities
tired.gif

Spoiler [+]
A few days ago, I got an e-mail out of the blue from an ESPN publicist. She said she saw my blog post last week about how the city of Manhattan was catching “College Gameday

Russell is still the most efficient QB in the counrty, they're not losing games because of him. They lost pretty much on 2 hail marys but granted they're not playing as good as they were as the competition they face gets better.

Big Ten overrated as usual.

Oklahoma State looks like a juggernaut & OU looks better on the road than at home. Bedlam will be stupid.

Where to even begin about last nights, dare I say epic USC Stanford game. First, hats off to Andrew *+$%!% Luck, maaan what a difference maker! After a battle like that I can honestly say I have no problem rooting for them to do well the rest of the season.

Last night I was devastated, no lie. We had this big halloween party to go to and I didnt even wanna go. My lady wasnt having it and I ended up going but thats where I was mentally. Hadnt felt like that since the Texas loss, just gutted.

Our kids played so damn hard man, and played well enough to win. Thats a good stanford football team and our young kids had them beat!

The call on TJ, I knew that was it
30t6p3b.gif

Robert running out the clock (clearly there was still 1 sec. Left on the clock) shouldnt have even been an issue if we just call an immediate TO after the first completion. We let 9 seconds burn right there and there was no excuse for that with all 3 timeouts in our pocket. No guarantee Andre hits that game winning fg anyway but damn it sure felt like it was destiny.

Today I woke up feeling a little better, proud of the effort and excited for the future. I hope Ellis McCarthy saw what I saw and felt what I felt and decides to come on down. This team can be special next year, ive been saying it for 2 year as now but if Matt comes back we are poised for a run at the chip.

Pac 12 refs are awful, but I cant blame the loss on them, we had our chance.

Too many individual plays to even reflect on, just a great game all around. I hope we dont have a let down on friday, no reason for the kids to hang their heads.

I was gonna write more but im late to go board a booze cruise around the newport harbor.

Fight on and lets get a win in Boulder!

laugh.gif

I asked because I know CBS is carrying the game and I wasn't sure if Gameday went to game sites (no matter the magnitude of the game) if the game wasn't being carried by the ESPN family of networks.

*shrugs*

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so whatever happend to BYU and the rest of the big east been a lock to join the big12?
nerd.gif

if UFC and the other rumored teams dont join the big east next week they could all very much end up in whatever crap the MWC and CUSA is trying to do.

BYU has an a deal with ESPN, plus there were complications with Dr. Pepper and the B12 among other things since BYU is Mormon. B12 didn't realize how difficult it was going to be to strike a deal with BYU, but they were the preference over UL and WVU.

Texas and Oklahoma ultimately didn't want to go back to 12 right now because they're greedy as hell and didn't want to share the revenue with 12 teams. Still don't see the teams ending up in a bum #*# MWC or CUSA conference, but UL and UC will still be the B12s targets when they expand again to 12 or 14. Conference is unstable as hell though I don't even know if I would want to see them in that league.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

But it's Notre Dame...I don't care what he did in Cincy or if he had the city in the palm of his hand...it's %*%***! Notre Dame. You take that job 10x outta 10. No matter if he fails in South Bend, he'll get another job opportunity at a school that's probably better than Cincy anyways.

Basically. Still enjoying his struggles so far he's a straight %+*%%*!%+.

Alabama fan's saying Stanford would score 7 points against them
laugh.gif

And they are saying Stanford would rush for maybe 20 yards, 25 tops
laugh.gif

Unreal.
roll.gif

Got to love Herbie and Des going HAM on Kelly during GameDay today.

Keep up the good work of neg recruiting on national TV.
BK did this one to himself. I hadnt heard about him questioning the guys he didnt bring in.

thats real disrespectful. welp, we know #5 is declaring for the draft early.
Kelly Gold"?
Is Kelly for real? Are ND fans getting tired of his act yet? I can't believe the outbursts that he has on the sidelines, alleged comments towards players that aren't his or whatever. Not to mention that he should be criminally liable for the lift accident a couple years ago.

I tried to tell y'all weeks ago how BK's situation is SB is far from fine and dandy, but nobody wanted to listen.  He better start winning consistently and NOW.
zero need to be a nice guy when your team sucks the players will love you when u start to win
That's the problem.  This team shouldn't suck.  It is littered w/ future NFL players.

Just like Charlie's squad that a certain NT'er [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]claimed had less football talent than BK's last Cincy team.

A few years later, damn near that entire ND starting lineup on both sides of the ball is either in the league or on a NFL practice squad.

What's Mardy Gilyard up to?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Big Ten overrated as usual.
Says the Big 12 fan.

Honestly, there is no truly great conference this year.  Besides 'Bama and LSU, the SEC is down.

This bowl season should be one of the best/most competitive in recent memory.
pimp.gif

What do you mean by littered? Floyd and Teo are the only sure-fire NFL starters. Any other upperclassman (J. Gray, Smith, Fleming) who make a roster will be drafted 4th round or later and have to scrap and claw for a spot.

& I don't even know what one of Charlie's guys is currently an NFL starter or even seeing time on the field. I agreed with you that They probably had more raw talent than UC but it still has turned out to be nothing of significance.

Far as I can tell, ND has let a coach come in change what he felt needs changed, total control. From leeway with admissions to S&C, a training table, etc.. Program was stuck in 1985 and it took an outsider to get the culture of the program and day to day operations up to speed. If anyone behind the scenes has tried to check him, it sure hasn't shown up from the way he goes about his business. Still only 1 1/2 years in, if ND people are even thinking about another move before year 4 -- they are far bigger idiots than I ever thought. If this 'era' is another failure, it aint the coaching.

And outside of the -11 turnover margin and getting whooped by USC up front, I'm pretty content with this year so far. 5-3 is the worst possible outcome with how they've played. Now, if they don't sweep: Wake, Maryland and BC coming up..that's a problem. They take care of business- everyone's happy going into Stanford.

& I don't even know what one of Charlie's guys is currently an NFL starter or even seeing time on the field. I agreed with you that They probably had more raw talent than UC but it still has turned out to be nothing of significance.

These guys are all either NFL roster or practice squad quality from the starting lineup of the '09 ND team:

Jimmy Clausen:
jimmy-clausen.jpg

Armando Allen

Armando+Allen+Jr+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+Kansas+Pk9BDqFK9GJl.jpg

Robert Hughes
315343_10150297449394452_115897014451_7441002_4525127_n.jpg

Kyle Rudolph
Kyle_Rudolph_Vikings.jpg

Michael Floyd
Michael-Floyd.jpg

Golden Tate
seahawks-golden-tate.jpg

Eric Olsen
250px-Eric_Olsen_%28American_football%29_.JPG

Sam Young
dal_u_syoung1_412.jpg

Paul Duncan
x350.jpg

Ian Williams
15iw--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Brian Smith
4X9E3911--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

Manti Te'o
103875919_display_image.jpg

Sergio Brown
app_full_proxy.php

Kyle McCarthy
101209_mccarthy_inside.jpg

Darin Walls
64422494.jpg

That's 15 dudes from the same starting lineup in '09.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And they have plenty of future NFL quality players/prospects on the current squad.  Mike Mayock went over it various times throughout the USC game.

Right, but I've only seen Rudolph make like 2 catches and Sergio mysteriously start a game or 2 for the Pats. None of those guys are doing anything but holding onto practice squad jobs.

Talent is better now in the program and has far more depth..but now there's no QB to make things go.

^ I agree 100%.

I'm not saying they're Pro Bowlers or even difference makers in the NFL, but the fact is damn near their entire starting lineup is receiving checks from the NFL (more than 90% of NCAA programs out here can claim).

Just pointing out that the talent level has never been close to as bad as people think (both then and now).

Pro Bowlers or practice squad guys (7 or so per team), ND has had a very good amount of talent recently and currently.  Better than anyone in the B1G not named tO$U.

BCS rankings are out. Stanford > Boise St 
pimp.gif
Gonna help us a lot in the rankings when we beat them in 2 weeks*
pimp.gif
Arkansas jumping Oregon for barely beating Vandy
indifferent.gif
@*#% these voters, man
30t6p3b.gif

*knock on wood.

Jarvis Jones put in Work on Saturday.

Okie State put the %+%$%#$ Clamps on RGIII.
I have seen their defense get after it like this ever.

#50 and Shawn Lewis are Nasty. DBs gonna need to Man up vs Sooners. Gilbert and Martin are capable. The rest, I dunno.

90% of those guys are practice squad guys and you want to claim them as NFL talent? okkkkkkkkkkk  

BYU has an a deal with ESPN, plus there were complications with Dr. Pepper and the B12 among other things since BYU is Mormon. B12 didn't realize how difficult it was going to be to strike a deal with BYU, but they were the preference over UL and WVU.

whats the problem with BYU and Dr. Pepper?

Mormon school,
laugh.gif
.  You know Mormons don't drink soda since caffeine alters the mind.

It's why the Pac 8, Pac10 and Pac 12 didn't want no part of BYU.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Mormon school,
laugh.gif
.  You know Mormons don't drink soda since caffeine alters the mind.

It's why the Pac 8, Pac10 and Pac 12 didn't want no part of BYU.

As a Mormon, I find this utterly lulz 
roll.gif
 soda? I'd say LDS people are some of the biggest soda drinkers in the country because we don't do alcohol. My family are a bunch of Dr. Pepper, Diet Pepsi, Diet Dew, etc. addicts 
roll.gif

My mom is the worst with her Coca-Cola
30t6p3b.gif

BYU isn't in any major conference because it won't play on Sundays in any sport and it doesn't bring any kind of TV market with it and it's football/basketball program will never been great because of the standards that BYU has so they'll never truly field a really great team. Plain and simple.

Well the Big Ten isn't getting the benefit of the doubt like they used to. No more back way alleys like 2007.

If you're not the SEC, Pac 12 or Big 12 you have to work that much harder. Just look at how far Wisconsin dropped after losing on a hail mary to MSU.

Same problem with the ACC, not that the BIg Ten has reached that level but those 2 conferences pretty much have to run the table to get a shot at the MNC or they're out of the picture entirely.

90% of those guys are practice squad guys and you want to claim them as NFL talent? okkkkkkkkkkk 
We all know you don't excel w/ scholastics, but 8/15 (53%) are (or will be - Floyd, T'eo) on NFL 53 man, game day rosters.

The rest of them have received or are receiving checks from the NFL by practicing w/ NFL players and being their replacements on game day if they get hurt.

Do you even know how a practice squad works?

Point is, ND has pumped out more NFL/borderline NFL talent (if you really want to go there) than the vast majority of college football programs the last few years.

And their current roster has a lot of future NFL/borderline NFL talent on it as well.
Better than anyone in the B1G not named tO$U.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

funny-gifs-well-excuse-me.gif

That's the reason I thought, don't know much about Mormon's just always heard they didn't drink anything with caffeine, guess that is wrong.

When I think of LDS, I always think of the South Park episode..."Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, Dumb!"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom