2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

No he wasnt

but he was out of gas and his heart was clearly not in it, I woulda have let him quit and ruin his rep

Shane without Balco = Good Fighter, Shane with Balco = Hall of famer

and you wonder why Floyd and his people want olympic testing for fighters ...
I don't know about that Balco stuff but I completely agree. The boxer should be the one begging the trainer to let him keep fighting, not the other way around. The fact that he wasn't even getting beat up makes it even worse. No amount of  
pimp.gif
 is gonna make me respect that video in anyway. SMH @ Shane for wanting to quit, further proving his lack of heart in that fight and SMH @ Nazim for not throwing in the towel after his fighter quit. I'm no keyboard warrior but I can't respect someone that gives the crowd a boring, heartless fight then begs his trainer to throw in the towel. 
Does Manny really have a rehydration clause in his fights?? If so, why is it never mentioned?? I remember vaguely hearing something about how Oscar had to pay for every pound he was over on fight night, so it wouldn't surprise me. I really hope Manny didn't force an old over the hill Shane to also come in dehydrated 
ohwell.gif

No he wasnt

but he was out of gas and his heart was clearly not in it, I woulda have let him quit and ruin his rep

I don't know about that Balco stuff but I completely agree. The boxer should be the one begging the trainer to let him keep fighting, not the other way around. The fact that he wasn't even getting beat up makes it even worse. No amount of  
pimp.gif
 is gonna make me respect that video in anyway. SMH @ Shane for wanting to quit, further proving his lack of heart in that fight and SMH @ Nazim for not throwing in the towel after his fighter quit. I'm no keyboard warrior but I can't respect someone that gives the crowd a boring, heartless fight then begs his trainer to throw in the towel. 
Does Manny really have a rehydration clause in his fights?? If so, why is it never mentioned?? I remember vaguely hearing something about how Oscar had to pay for every pound he was over on fight night, so it wouldn't surprise me. I really hope Manny didn't force an old over the hill Shane to also come in dehydrated 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by mgrand15

No he wasnt

pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

Manny doesn't force anybody to do anything bro, Bob Arum makes decisions. I thought we all knew this?
laugh.gif

However, the opponents do CHOOSE to sign the contract or not.

Originally Posted by mgrand15

No he wasnt

pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

Manny doesn't force anybody to do anything bro, Bob Arum makes decisions. I thought we all knew this?
laugh.gif

However, the opponents do CHOOSE to sign the contract or not.

for some reason my dvr didnt get the JCC fight (im not mad )

Froch vs Glenn was nice lil fight

Glenn needed a left hook to come behind those big over hand rights. it could have made that fight UGLY.

Froch did his thing but he's losing me by going into those Calzaghe slapping flurries.

If Froch or Ward had any type of Knock out Power I would say we're going to see someone get KO'd but thats not happening.

for some reason my dvr didnt get the JCC fight (im not mad )

Froch vs Glenn was nice lil fight

Glenn needed a left hook to come behind those big over hand rights. it could have made that fight UGLY.

Froch did his thing but he's losing me by going into those Calzaghe slapping flurries.

If Froch or Ward had any type of Knock out Power I would say we're going to see someone get KO'd but thats not happening.

Froch can bang, Ward just doesnt really leave himself open for those KO punches. But yes he did fight a very European style fight last night

Froch can bang, Ward just doesnt really leave himself open for those KO punches. But yes he did fight a very European style fight last night

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

and Froch did zero body work...

Froch coulda made it hell on Glenn but he backed up so much and those slappy flurries made me so mad.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

and Froch did zero body work...

Froch coulda made it hell on Glenn but he backed up so much and those slappy flurries made me so mad.

I thought so too at first but after watching it a 2nd time, it wasnt close. Johnson landed maybe 10 amazing right hands but really nothing more.

and dont take what Im sayign as disliking froch or disrespecting his skills. I think he's dope. aint no $%%++ in him at all.

I do think Dirrell beat him tho.

I thought so too at first but after watching it a 2nd time, it wasnt close. Johnson landed maybe 10 amazing right hands but really nothing more.

and dont take what Im sayign as disliking froch or disrespecting his skills. I think he's dope. aint no $%%++ in him at all.

I do think Dirrell beat him tho.

I think whether the super 6 was a success all depends on what your definition of success is. If you wanted to see extremely high quality fights between elite fighters then the super 6 was a failure. However, if you're like me, and you wanted to find out who the best super middleweights are and prove that a tournament of this size could;d actually work then the super 6 was a success.

I also agree about Froch, he's a pretty solid fighter but I think that if not for fighting AD in his home town he would've lost that fight.

I think whether the super 6 was a success all depends on what your definition of success is. If you wanted to see extremely high quality fights between elite fighters then the super 6 was a failure. However, if you're like me, and you wanted to find out who the best super middleweights are and prove that a tournament of this size could;d actually work then the super 6 was a success.

I also agree about Froch, he's a pretty solid fighter but I think that if not for fighting AD in his home town he would've lost that fight.

Im watchign this JCC replay on HBO2... and JCC jr body shots are *!%%%%! Lovely!
pimp.gif

If more fighters with more skill and heart than JCCJr did that, it be UGLY

eek.gif

Jr landed 133 Body shots.

Back
Top Bottom