amare stoudemire
joakim noah
al horford
serge ibaka
brook lopez
elton brand
al jefferson
tyson chandler
they all average roughly 2.5+ off reb/game with above 72% ft and at least 1 block/game

also guys who average 2.0+ off reb/game but with a low (yet negligable) FT% (3> FT/game) and 1 block/game:
anderson varejao
kris humphries (depending where he signs and how hes used)
deandre jordan
ed davis
roy hibbert

only dwight, love, and zbo average 4+ off reb/game and i doubt anyone can get love/howard on one team so its best to stack up on ^those guys each round

i would also consider GF/SF/F players who don't play C and average 5+ reb/game such as:
gerald wallace
lamar odom
josh smith
lebron james
carmelo anthony
shawn marion
michael beasley
danny granger
thaddeus young
boris diaw
dorell wright
kobe bryant

but i know that it's hard to get all the quality players that you would want so draft wisely. hope this helped

Question of the Day

Now that Chris Paul has been traded to the Clippers, does his fantasy value go up or down?

- Now playing with Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan which will equal tons of assist opportunities, potentially career high.

- But, playing with other scorers could limit his pts

What do you think?

Where would you draft CP3 and who would you take over him?

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

does anyone know any fantasy websites that will let me draft midnight pacific time?

anyone? I know fantrax but I just seen the player rankings, D12 is ranked number one -___-

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Question of the Day

Now that Chris Paul has been traded to the Clippers, does his fantasy value go up or down?

- Now playing with Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan which will equal tons of assist opportunities, potentially career high.

What do you think?

im taking him 3rd UNLESS lebron or durant drops. paul will always get his 16-20 points per game and points is only one category so you can't really pass on him even if he avgs 3 points less this season. his ast/stls/fg/ft/to will always be good so he potentially fills up 5-6 categories regardless of where he plays. i'd be more worried that LAC will only play him 28 minutes a game since they are so loaded with PG's right now but CP3 is the main PG for that team and hes such a fantasy stud that i can't pass on him

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

Im interested.........pm me for leagues....Havent played fantasy sports in a long time....any help would be dope
I would make a yahoo league if enough people are interested, I am trying to get at least 12 people. Anyone down?
I'm interested let me know the details

Originally Posted by diew its james

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Question of the Day

What do you think?

im taking him 3rd UNLESS lebron or durant drops. paul will always get his 16-20 points per game and points is only one category so you can't really pass on him even if he avgs 3 points less this season. his ast/stls/fg/ft/to will always be good so he potentially fills up 5-6 categories regardless of where he plays. i'd be more worried that LAC will only play him 28 minutes a game since they are so loaded with PG's right now but CP3 is the main PG for that team and hes such a fantasy stud that i can't pass on him

yup pretty much.  only other player i'd consider taking would be D Rose who improves every yr and had a career season last yr.  I know he's hungry to win since losing the ECF and now has Rip to dish the ball too. If Paul can average at least 18-20pts then he's def. worth the 3rd pick.

Just created the league, I scheduled the draft a week from now 12/22 7pm Pacific time. LMK if any of you guys have trouble with the time and date, I can move it earlier or later.
Yahoo League ID: 100160
PW:niketalk

Originally Posted by BDaBoss

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

Im interested.........pm me for leagues....Havent played fantasy sports in a long time....any help would be dope
I would make a yahoo league if enough people are interested, I am trying to get at least 12 people. Anyone down?
I'm interested let me know the details
Don't know whether to make a new thread to get people to sign up more quickly or just bump this old one. 
eyes.gif
 If  I don't get at least 8 people signed up by Monday, I'll probably make a thread 
laugh.gif

Just finished one draft this morning. I'm liking my squad a lot. Got another one tonight, but its offline. 
First squad. Thoughts or comments?

w7irud.jpg

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

Just finished one draft this morning. I'm liking my squad a lot. Got another one tonight, but its offline. 

w7irud.jpg
Pretty good team but you definitely have some flaws. You'll probably lose turnovers every week, no reliable 3PM guys outside of Williams and Gordon if he bounces back this year, and no one in the top 30 in RPG. Blocks might also be a problem as all of your PFs aren't reliable there. Points, FT% and steals are very strong and you should win those almost every week.

I'd try to package maybe Beasley and West for a big man that can get you more rebounds and blocks per game and a guy that can get you more threes. Maybe a big man like Tim Duncan or Elton Brand and a shooter like Turkoglu or Gary Neal.

Don't know how Diaw will do.  Got Al Jeff in 3rd round; please stay healthy 
happy.gif
.  Got Nene in 7th
2j48zgj.png

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

w7irud.jpg
Pretty good team but you definitely have some flaws. You'll probably lose turnovers every week, no reliable 3PM guys outside of Williams and Gordon if he bounces back this year, and no one in the top 30 in RPG. Blocks might also be a problem as all of your PFs aren't reliable there. Points, FT% and steals are very strong and you should win those almost every week.

I'd try to package maybe Beasley and West for a big man that can get you more rebounds and blocks per game and a guy that can get you more threes. Maybe a big man like Tim Duncan or Elton Brand and a shooter like Turkoglu or Gary Neal.

the team is very solid. i think brook will bounce back this year and have a great season (8+ reb/game) so you don't necessarily need another big. iggy and dwade will supply a lot of rebounds for you as well. but i wouldn't trade for turk, neal, or duncan (SA players will be very limited this season). how many people are in your league? also can i get a list of who's in your FA? if i were you i'd look for more solid contributor's to replace gordon and crawford

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

happy.gif
.  Got Nene in 7th
2j48zgj.png

how many players are in your league? im liking the team but i dont think you drafted very well considering you got CP3 as your first pick. all the other players you drafted don't contribute to what he does besides monta and jefferson. other than that it looks good. maybe drop miles for someone better

Messed up on my draft, only picked up 1 PG, whose should I get from the FA list, Beaubois or DGibson?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Messed up on my draft, only picked up 1 PG, whose should I get from the FA list, Beaubois or DGibson?

can you trade for a lower tier pg like collison, teague, or douglas? even calderone isn't a terrible pickup if you just need assists

did a 20 team draft today

x5z129.png

dont feel good about my PGs and Cs

gordon went 1 pick before martin in the 2nd round and i was SO close to getting him. not sure how i feel about wright improving on (or even duplicating) last years stats

would you grab oden and stash him on the bench?

can you trade for a lower tier pg like collison, teague, or douglas? even calderone isn't a terrible pickup if you just need assists

Not very confident in my team, feel like I should just ignore assists.
Was going to drop Daye but who do you think I can trade for one of those guards?
HYs2G.png

happy.gif
.  Got Nene in 7th
2j48zgj.png

how many players are in your league? im liking the team but i dont think you drafted very well considering you got CP3 as your first pick. all the other players you drafted don't contribute to what he does besides monta and jefferson. other than that it looks good. maybe drop miles for someone better
It's a 10 team league.  I took CJ with my last pick.  I had to draft a little differently because my league is counting off boards, fgm, ftm, and TOs as additional cats. There's a few guys on the wire: Derrick Williams (might pick him up if he gets solid mins), Delfino, tony allen, jeff teague, salmons, kris humphries, kaman, paul george, calderon, etc.  Any suggestions?  And what'd you mean that my team doesn't compliment cp3.  evans gives me assists, boards, and pts like paul; conley gives me assts/ steals; wright 3's,steals, points. 

happy.gif
.  Got Nene in 7th
2j48zgj.png

It's a 10 team league.  I took CJ with my last pick.  I had to draft a little differently because my league is counting off boards, fgm, ftm, and TOs as additional cats. There's a few guys on the wire: Derrick Williams (might pick him up if he gets solid mins), Delfino, tony allen, jeff teague, salmons, kris humphries, kaman, paul george, calderon, etc.  Any suggestions?  And what'd you mean that my team doesn't compliment cp3.  evans gives me assists, boards, and pts like paul; conley gives me assts/ steals; wright 3's,steals, points. 
well if you look at cp3, you can go for ft/3s/pt/ast/stls and sometimes you can even stack up and try to win fg and to's

evans is very streaky and can shoot you out of fg, his ft is only at 75% for a pg (while shooting a lot of ft's), he gives a lot of points and about 6 assists which is good but he also turns the ball over 3+ times a game, he doesn't give 3's, but he steals which is good. so evans to me is just points/steals/assists

conley is very similar to evans but with 3's and less points. he gets to's often as well but not as much as evans.

wright gives 3's, rebounds, steals, and occasionally blocks but low fg and low ft. i like wright but i don't think the new coaching system will do him any good this season, i may be wrong though.

also all of your bigs shoot very low ft % aside from jefferson.

i just did a draft today, 10 man league, and also drafted cp3
2cf42uf.jpg

i'm trying to trade a couple of players so i can boost up my fg and get another solid pg just in case paul goes down this season.

Was going to drop Daye but who do you think I can trade for one of those guards?
HYs2G.png
if you're going to punt assists all-together i would trade westbrook for guys like lowry, collison, jason terry, jamal crawford, and pick up lou williams. they are all pg eligible and provide pg stats other than assists

Originally Posted by Physicx

did a 20 team draft today

x5z129.png

dont feel good about my PGs and Cs

gordon went 1 pick before martin in the 2nd round and i was SO close to getting him. not sure how i feel about wright improving on (or even duplicating) last years stats

would you grab oden and stash him on the bench?
I realize that it's a 20-team draft, but that team is really bad. You're hurting on blocks, steals, rebounds, assists, and maybe even points. You definitely should try to make a couple trades and at least get some better consistency in one of those categories. I'd pick up Oden if he's the best available center since you only have one.

I just did my first draft of the season. 12 teams.

4YauA.png

Not my favorite team I've ever drafted but I typically draft well. I'm thinking Thomas will break out this season.

HYs2G.png
if you're going to punt assists all-together i would trade westbrook for guys like lowry, collison, jason terry, jamal crawford, and pick up lou williams. they are all pg eligible and provide pg stats other than assists
Don't really want to give up Westbrook, his my first pick.
Is Bayless a better choice, drop Daye and pick him up? Looks like he'll split minutes with Calderon.

Back
Top Bottom