[::2012 Fantasy Basketball Thread Vol. Player A > Player B Talk Allowed::]

Gallinari 
pimp.gif
 38 pts (career high) & 11 boards.  Had to sacrifice him in a trade 
30t6p3b.gif
 but I don't mind the return with Marc Gasol and Kevin Martin.

Originally Posted by diew its james

18/20 ft shooting helps also
tell me about it.  this guy probably just locked up ft% for me.  he's actually playing better than melo (fantasy wise) right now 
smokin.gif
.  I should've offered up Gallo for Melo 
grin.gif

Hey guys need your opinion on this trade. Standard 9 category league head to head with 14 teams. Someone offered me Shumpert, Harden, and Marcus Thornton for Rose, Ben Gordon, and Stuckey. I pulled the trigger since I was a little worried about Rose's toe, decent trade? I did the numbers and come out ahead, but I don't like giving up my #1 guy.
edit:

last chance- I'd hold onto Melo and Monroe. I like Dlee and Monta, but injuries are always a concern with Ellis. 

JT air JT- Nice pickup, hopefully Jrich can get back on track and start drilling some 3's. 

Originally Posted by slickrick916

Hey guys need your opinion on this trade. Standard 9 category league head to head with 14 teams. Someone offered me Shumpert, Harden, and Marcus Thornton for Rose, Ben Gordon, and Stuckey. I pulled the trigger since I was a little worried about Rose's toe, decent trade? I did the numbers and come out ahead, but I don't like giving up my #1 guy.
edit:

last chance- I'd hold onto Melo and Monroe. I like Dlee and Monta, but injuries are always a concern with Ellis. 

JT air JT- Nice pickup, hopefully Jrich can get back on track and start drilling some 3's. 
I think you could've gotten more for Rose.  Everyone is plagued by injuries in this lockout season so don't be so quick to ship off your players.  someone in my league just traded D Lee, Felton, and Gortat for Melo.  Which side wins?   The guy getting Melo is dropping Haslem and Odom.  Is K Mart for Joe Johnson a good deal? I'm thinking about landing JJ in case K Mart is struck with injuries.  

I know 
ohwell.gif
 Think I jumped the gun on that trade, was 9/14th and saw he had turf toe and made the trade that day. Should have shopped him around a little more. 
I like Dlee, Felton, and Gortat side better than Melo. You get a a good forward/center in Lee and Gortat and Felton has played a lot better these last few games. 

I like JJ better than KMart, like you mentioned Martin is injury prone and has been in a little bit of a funk this year while Johnson will get his numbers since Horford is out and will be depended on more. 

I know 
ohwell.gif
 Think I jumped the gun on that trade, was 9/14th and saw he had turf toe and made the trade that day. Should have shopped him around a little more. 
I like Dlee, Felton, and Gortat side better than Melo. You get a a good forward/center in Lee and Gortat and Felton has played a lot better these last few games. 

I like JJ better than KMart, like you mentioned Martin is injury prone and has been in a little bit of a funk this year while Johnson will get his numbers since Horford is out and will be depended on more. 
What spot do you need in the standings to get the last spot in a 14 team league?  The guy who got Melo could do some serious damage if he stashes Brook Lopez and get another solid guy off the wire because he's currently in 1st I think and can risk doing that.  I was gonna try to give up K Mart for Melo in a package trade but since I can't do that I'm gonna target Monta, Iggy, Joe J, and Gay.

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

edit:

I think you could've gotten more for Rose.  Everyone is plagued by injuries in this lockout season so don't be so quick to ship off your players.  someone in my league just traded D Lee, Felton, and Gortat for Melo.  Which side wins?   The guy getting Melo is dropping Haslem and Odom.  Is K Mart for Joe Johnson a good deal? I'm thinking about landing JJ in case K Mart is struck with injuries.  
3 for 1 for melo? if that trade went through whoever got the 3 players won by A LOT. i don't like the drose trade because shumpert is on and off every night and he might not even be a starter in a few weeks but hopefully thornton and harden work out for you. at this point id rather have joe johnson than kmart since joe gets rebounds and assists when kmart is basically points and 3s only.

Patent- Top 4 for this league make the playoffs (usually it's 6 teams who makes the playoffs traditionally) so it's tough. I have extra pressure to do well in this league too since I'm co-running it with my friend and buy in was big $$$. Out of my 15 leagues I'm doing this year of course this is the worst I'm doing haha. (although I'm 8-1 going into sunday) All of those options you're targeting look good for Kmart, especially ellis if he can stay healthy. I like Gay a lot too. 
Diew- I know, went back and forth on Shumpert but from everything I read about him online he should take Fields minutes when Baron comes back. And who knows if Davis stays healthy but I def see your point. Hopefully harden and thornton can come through. 

You guys doing any money leagues this season? Always looking to join good leagues. 

Originally Posted by The Gangsta M Crisis

Was offered Paul Pierce and Rodney Stuckey for Gerald Wallace (I'm getting Pierce and Stuckey), should I take it?
Yeah I'd do it if the guy you're dropping has been playing like a bum.

planning on dropping spencer hawes...harrington, varajeo, brand, and dalembert is available. who should i pick up? my league is based upon Fan Points as well.

Originally Posted by ekREV

planning on dropping spencer hawes...harrington, varajeo, brand, and dalembert is available. who should i pick up? my league is based upon Fan Points as well.

explain how fan points work so we can give better advice

Points, fg, ft, def rebounds, are 1point. Off rebounds, 3 pointers, steals, and blocks are 2 points. Turnovers are -1 point.

Who's more valuable, Gerald Henderson or Paul George? George just got dropped by another owner and I have Henderson. Kemba, S Jax, Okafor, Hawes, and C. Butler are my weakest players.

Points, fg, ft, def rebounds, are 1point. Off rebounds, 3 pointers, steals, and blocks are 2 points. Turnovers are -1 point.

id go with harrington cause he's been so good thus far and everyone else on that list can be on and off

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Who's more valuable, Gerald Henderson or Paul George? George just got dropped by another owner and I have Henderson. Kemba, S Jax, Okafor, Hawes, and C. Butler are my weakest players.

i like george more. drop sjax for now, hes all over the place right now and doesn't seem like hes going to pick it up any time soon

harrington has been money for me all season in a fan points league. and henderson is good but his numbers will probably go down when maggette gets back

henderson gives you points/1stl only basically. paul george has way more upside with steals/3s/blocks(one every other game) while shooting higher ft

I get Blake Griffin, JJ Redick, Marcus Thorton.
I send away Marshon Brooks and Ryan Anderson

What do u guys think?

Originally Posted by VickBuck717

I get Blake Griffin, JJ Redick, Marcus Thorton.
I send away Marshon Brooks and Ryan Anderson

What do u guys think?
Are you kidding.......... You need advice on this??
laugh.gif

lmao Blake is obviously the bigger name but he sucks at the line and doesn't shoot 3's. Blake is currently ranked 23rd in his position and Anderson is ranked 2nd, Brooks is 9th. My buddy thinks im not benefitting in this trade. But imma still do it.

Originally Posted by VickBuck717

lmao Blake is obviously the bigger name but he sucks at the line and doesn't shoot 3's. Blake is currently ranked 23rd in his position and Anderson is ranked 2nd, Brooks is 9th. My buddy thinks im not benefitting in this trade. But imma still do it.

whats your team looking like? blake has a lot of upside while brooks and anderson can be on and off

Back
Top Bottom