[::2012 Fantasy Basketball Thread Vol. Player A > Player B Talk Allowed::]

Originally Posted by diew its james

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

a little more on Gordon: http://www.hornets247.com...-for-the-hornets-future/

thanks, devastating news
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
Just rumors man.  Don't buy into the hype yet.  Keep balling K Mart! 
eek.gif

Added Asik because I thought Noah would be out longer
laugh.gif

It's ok though, I dropped Kaman for him. That guy is garbage.

Who to add now? I'm looking at Landry, Okur, Biyombo, and Blair right now. I need some boards.

Should I drop Barbosa for Landry? Is he officially out of the doghouse? There was a stretch there where he was playing 10min a game.

^i'd hold onto barbosa until he loses minutes cause of bayless/kleizas return. barbosa is ballin right now so hes worth holding on to. not really sure if landry is out of the doghouse but i have him in 3 of my leagues and i really hope he is

Feel bad for Gordon owners. I'm going through something similar: Fighting to get to the top of the standings with Wade, CP3, Horford done. and now Brooks dealing with an injury.

Well slightly better news for Gordon, I guess being out 3 weeks is better than being out the whole year?
I have a feeling this'll be like his injury last year where they keep giving him return time but either he never returns on time or get hurt again anyways.
How do hell do I drop my second draft pick though? In case I have to pick someone up for him from the FA?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1496/eric-gordon
Eric Gordon's injured knee is "structurally sound" according to team doctors, and he will be able to resume "basketball activities" in three weeks.

The most intriguing (and perhaps most telling) aspect of this situation is his contract extension, which has a Wednesday deadline. After being made the centerpiece of the infamous Chris Paul trade, David Stern put us neck on the line for a guy who now may be seriously hurt. While we've heard bone bruise and other rumors, the lack of a clear diagnosis means funny business. Gordon also said a possible contract extension is in Stern's hands and awaiting approval, and all we can say for certain is that a lot is riding on it. If Gordon is hurt and/or overpaid for, it may never get lived down. As for the injury itself, it sounds like a cartilage issue or a bone bruise, and anything that takes two months to heal after a simple aggravation is not in good shape.

Marshon brooks got achilles tendonitis and Luol Deng has an injured wrist. Brooks says he'll play through it though and says he's fine. 
I got channing frye though and need to drop him. Thoughts on who to pick up?

pumv.jpg
\

based off rankings in the season. 

^so gordon will need ANOTHER 3 weeks to get back on the court? thats half the season hes gone...
Yup, then his return will probably get delayed or they'll announce he'll have surgery pretty much screwing anyone who held on to him. 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Standard 9 category league, head to head matchup. Got offered: monta ellis, mo williams, and ibaka for: dirk, jason richardson, and ed davis (picked him up while bargs is out)

here is my team right now:

felton
lawson
dirk
harden
shumpert
humphries
brand
thaddeus young
nene
amir johnson
marcus thornton
ed davis

his team:

dwight
parsons
ellis
mo williams
deng
ariza
kidd
camby
blatche
ibaka
rondo
diaw

anyone I should counter with a try and get instead? He seems pretty open to trading.

nike4kj: I'd pick up Parsons if I were you. As a starter he gives you 8pts, 6.5 boards, 1.6stls, over 2 assists, and almost a blk a game while shooting a decent percentage from the field.

RFX and anyone else who has Gordon- I feel your pain, I have Gordon in 4 of my leagues and need him back too
ohwell.gif

Ok.... So I have Eric Gordon, and apparently it's looking like it'll be another month or so before he returns. I've offered some people some trades for him, but nobody is biting yet. Baron Davis is available in my league and I just read somewhere that he's practicing with the team and could possibly be back for their next road trip. So should I just cut my losses and drop Gordon and pick up Davis? Or wait and see if someone will trade a decent player for him? I don't want to just drop Gordon now without getting something in return but I can't afford to have him wasting a spot on my roster because I've been hit TOO hard with injuries. I also don't want to wait and run the risk of someone picking up Baron!!

Originally Posted by slickrick916

Standard 9 category league, head to head matchup. Got offered: monta ellis, mo williams, and ibaka for: dirk, jason richardson, and ed davis (picked him up while bargs is out)

here is my team right now:

felton
lawson
dirk
harden
shumpert
humphries
brand
thaddeus young
nene
amir johnson
marcus thornton
ed davis

his team:

dwight
parsons
ellis
mo williams
deng
ariza
kidd
camby
blatche
ibaka
rondo
diaw

anyone I should counter with a try and get instead? He seems pretty open to trading.

nike4kj: I'd pick up Parsons if I were you. As a starter he gives you 8pts, 6.5 boards, 1.6stls, over 2 assists, and almost a blk a game while shooting a decent percentage from the field.

RFX and anyone else who has Gordon- I feel your pain, I have Gordon in 4 of my leagues and need him back too
ohwell.gif

take the trade

Originally Posted by The Gangsta M Crisis

Ok.... So I have Eric Gordon, and apparently it's looking like it'll be another month or so before he returns. I've offered some people some trades for him, but nobody is biting yet. Baron Davis is available in my league and I just read somewhere that he's practicing with the team and could possibly be back for their next road trip. So should I just cut my losses and drop Gordon and pick up Davis? Or wait and see if someone will trade a decent player for him? I don't want to just drop Gordon now without getting something in return but I can't afford to have him wasting a spot on my roster because I've been hit TOO hard with injuries. I also don't want to wait and run the risk of someone picking up Baron!!

only drop eric gordon if you are desperate and need the extra stats. i wouldn't drop gordon until i know for sure that he is out the rest of the season. is there anyone else you can drop for baron?

^I agree with what diew says. Hold onto Gordon until further notice of him being out for the season.

thanks for the feedback fellas, just accepted the trade.

Originally Posted by The Gangsta M Crisis

only drop eric gordon if you are desperate and need the extra stats. i wouldn't drop gordon until i know for sure that he is out the rest of the season. is there anyone else you can drop for baron?
Thanks guys. I think I'll hold on to him. I have Evan Turner. That's the weakest player I have, and he's been playing real decent as of late. Should I drop him for Baron???

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

Who gets better?

Amare Stoudemire
Dejaun Blair

FOR

DeAndre Jordan
Andre Igouldala
Normally I'd say Amare and Dejuan would be the better end, but Amare has been stinking NY up with his drop in points, assists, and rebounds this season. And Deandre Jordan has been a beast this season on blocks, he'll get you at least 2 or 3 per game. And Andre Igoudala gets you a lil bit of everything. So I'd have to say that at least right now til Amare picks it up, that Jordan and Igoudala is the better end of the deal.

DJ and Iggy is the better end. DJ will kill you in ft% but he doesn't really shoot a lot of those so his drawback is miniscule. He'd get you blocks and double digit rebounds on a nightly basis. Iggy is a triple-double waiting to happen with a few steals and blocks and 3s here and there so I like those two better. Amare just isn't aggressive this season and the ball is sucked up the black hole Melo. Blair is ok to me, these two will get you more points and a few more rebounds but that is pretty much it.

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

I'd take that trade and I've heard that Dirk may miss more than 4 games.

damn shame man. its looking more likely that he will...

What do you guys think about me offering K Mart and Rubio for Curry and Wesley Matthews? I know Curry is a big injury risk but if he can play 5-6 consecutive games then I might send this offer because when Curry is on, he can put up top 10/ Chris Paul like #'s.

Got offered the trade of Ricky Rubio (me) for Ray Felton and Antwan Jamison. What would ya'll do?
Here's my team:

Brandon Jennings

Kevin Martin

Kevin Durant

Chris Bosh

Tim Duncan

Anderson Varejao

John Wall

DeMar DeRozan

Ricky Rubio

Al Harrington

Jeff Teague

Michael Beasley

Hedo Turkoglu

I had Zach Randolph but cut him due to injury.

Any info whether Stuckey will play today? I'm thinking of benching him for Barbosa since there's a chance he might not play tonight but I think Stuckey is the better choice if he plays since Ben Gordon is out and he'll be starting again.

Back
Top Bottom