2012 NBA MVP Thread

ya because the 3 game difference between the heat and OKC is that big of a deal for who is the better team CP? this is what JA posted in the other thread. every winner wasnt from the best team in the leauge but all of them was top 4 teams in the NBA 

i feel like some of you that hate bron will scream up and down KD should win it and others that dont like OKC will scream up and down bron should win it.

How often has the award been given out to someone who wasn't from a top team,
and had a great year though?

Rose (1st overall)
LeBron (1st
overall)
LeBron (1st overall)
Kobe (3rd overall, 1st in west)
Dirk (1st
overall)
Nash (4th overall, 2nd in west)
Nash (1st overall)
KG (2nd
overall, 1st in west)
TD (Tied for 1st overall)
TD (Tied for 2nd overall,
2nd in west)
Iverson (Tied for 2nd overall, 1st in east)
Shaq (1st
overall)
Malone (Tied for 1st overall, 1st in west)
Jordan (Tied for 1st
overall, 1st in east)
Malone (2nd overall, 1st in west)
Jordan (Best
regular season record ever, 72-10)
Admiral (1st overall)
Hakeem (2nd
overall, 2nd in west)
Chuck (1st overall

LeBron or KD, I don't care. I wouldn't have a problem either way.
It is funny that this is being constituted as a 'slump', though:

[table][tr][td][table][tr][/tr][tr][td]Mar 26[/td][td]@ IND[/td][td]L 90-105[/td][td]1[/td][td]40:49[/td][td] [/td][td]9[/td][td]21[/td][td]42.9[/td][td] [/td][td]2[/td][td]4[/td][td]50.0[/td][td] [/td][td]4[/td][td]6[/td][td]66.7[/td][td] [/td][td]2[/td][td]7[/td][td]9[/td][td] [/td][td]2[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]24[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Mar 25[/td][td]@ OKC[/td][td]L 87-103[/td][td]1[/td][td]39:36[/td][td] [/td][td]8[/td][td]18[/td][td]44.4[/td][td] [/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]0.0[/td][td] [/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]100.0[/td][td] [/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td] [/td][td]7[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]17[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Mar 23[/td][td]@ DET[/td][td]W 88-73[/td][td]1[/td][td]37:26[/td][td] [/td][td]6[/td][td]15[/td][td]40.0[/td][td] [/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]0.0[/td][td] [/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][td]100.0[/td][td] [/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td] [/td][td]10[/td][td]5[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]17[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Mar 20[/td][td]PHO[/td][td]W 99-95[/td][td]1[/td][td]37:54[/td][td] [/td][td]8[/td][td]18[/td][td]44.4[/td][td] [/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]0.0[/td][td] [/td][td]4[/td][td]6[/td][td]66.7[/td][td] [/td][td]1[/td][td]7[/td][td]8[/td][td] [/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]20[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Mar 18[/td][td]ORL[/td][td]W 91-81[/td][td]1[/td][td]38:58[/td][td] [/td][td]4[/td][td]14[/td][td]28.6[/td][td] [/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]0.0[/td][td] [/td][td]6[/td][td]8[/td][td]75.0[/td][td] [/td][td]0[/td][td]12[/td][td]12[/td][td] [/td][td]7[/td][td]4[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][td]4[/td][td]14[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Mar 16[/td][td]@ PHI[/td][td]W 84-78[/td][td]1[/td][td]38:15[/td][td] [/td][td]12[/td][td]20[/td][td]60.0[/td][td] [/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]0.0[/td][td] [/td][td]5[/td][td]8[/td][td]62.5[/td][td] [/td][td]2[/td][td]5[/td][td]7[/td][td] [/td][td]8[/td][td]1[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]29[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Mar 14[/td][td]@ CHI[/td][td]L 102-106[/td][td]1[/td][td]39:38[/td][td] [/td][td]14[/td][td]25[/td][td]56.0[/td][td] [/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]66.7[/td][td] [/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][td]100.0[/td][td] [/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]5[/td][td] [/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]35[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Mar 13[/td][td]@ ORL[/td][td]L 98-104[/td][td]1[/td][td]42:25[/td][td] [/td][td]7[/td][td]20[/td][td]35.0[/td][td] [/td][td]2[/td][td]4[/td][td]50.0[/td][td] [/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]100.0[/td][td] [/td][td]3[/td][td]8[/td][td]11[/td][td] [/td][td]8[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]19
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

^
Allen, first thing off the page, look at those minutes man. 
sick.gif
  Gad damn Spo need to wake up. 

Mike, I like how you have to adjust to top 4 for Nash, when it would be top 3 without him.  Awesome. 
laugh.gif

And to speak on your point, I'll say it like this, if Durant and the Thunder get the 1 seed in the West, vs the Heat getting a 2 seed to the Bulls who play half their season without their MVP guy, yeah, I'm ago ahead and say Durant is more deserving on that portion of it.  Now tell me, is that some horrible tragic way of looking at it?  I ain't put Bron 7th man, I said Durant right now over Bron.  If the Heat get big late and go on a run, then I can see Bron.  Am I speaking English here, or is everyone still *!%#!%@ stupid?  You guys wonder why I hate Bron folk, don't crown that $@$%@@+*%+$$ at every turn and you suddenly a damn criminal.  If it means you all will shut the @%** up, then I'll say it to fall in line, Bron for MVP 2012, got my vote. 
pimp.gif

whats wrong with what i said about Dwight though. since you didnt respond with anything ill assume im still correct.

If it means you all will shut the @%** up, then I'll say it to fall in line, Bron for MVP 2012, got my vote. smiley: pimp

Good man,
pimp.gif

I'm not upset either way if Bron or KD wins it, but personally think it should be LeBron.

Rose hurt the award just as much as Nash. It's a preposterous to think Rose has an MVP-level impact on the Bulls. The team is 13-5 without him this year. There isn't an argument to be made. It was just a good story and if you want to be held in the same regard as the mainstream media, go right ahead. 
Kobe...

• Kobe is shooting a 52.6% true shooting percentage. This is the worst of his career behind 2001-2002 (54.3%)
  • Kobe is taking 25.1 true shots per 36 minutes. This is the 2nd most in his career behind 2005-2006 (27.9)
  • Kobe is getting 3.6 turnovers per 36 minutes. This is the 2nd worst of his career behind 1996-1997 (3.7)
  • Kobe is getting 1.2 steals per 36 minutes. This is a career low for him tied with with 2004-2005.
  • Kobe’s 4.4 assists per 36 minutes are the lowest he’s had since 2005-2006.
http://wagesofwins.com/2012/03/28/why-calling-kobe-an-mvp-candidate-is-insane/

But none of this matters of course. I'm supposed to trust the eyes of NT's Luddites.

^ I don't see it. You can't foresee that they would be so good without Rose, and that doesn't mean he's not valuable. Chicago was four wins better than Miami that has two superstars and another really good player.

He's not the best player, but it's not the Best Player Award.

But they are so good without Rose and advanced stats showed that last year. Win shares showed that last year. Where were you?

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

The award is KD's to lose at this point.
Statements like this also make no sense to me. They come off as if Harden and Westbrook do not exist.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

But they are so good without Rose and advanced stats showed that last year. Win shares showed that last year. Where were you?

I didn't know those stats. I didn't care to look them up last year.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I really don't get how LeBron gets serious consideration playing with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
QFT. Bron's playing with the top 10 power forward and a top 3 player in the NBA. Take Durant out of the Thunder, they wouldn't have the record they have now. Kevin Love should be considered for sure. Kobe won't win it. 

you're making the same mistake that dland made.  you can't take the bull's success this year and use that in an argument for last year.  bulls are a better team this year, with and without rose.  they depended on him heavily.  without him, they floundered.  or did you not see that in the bulls miami series?  what happened when miami made the bulls run the offense through other players? 

Lebron should win and Kobe should be right up there with Durant but Durant will win it and I don't even think it'll be that close.

Rose hurt the award just as much as Nash. It's a preposterous to think Rose has an MVP-level impact on the Bulls. The team is 13-5 without him this year. There isn't an argument to be made. It was just a good story and if you want to be held in the same regard as the mainstream media, go right ahead. 

what does last years have to do with this year?

Rose's win shares weren't amazing last year and the number of wins the Bulls had was a major factor in his MVP win. But this year shows why his win shares weren't incredible. The rest of the team is damn good. By putting Rose up on a pedestal, fans are devaluing the impact of the other Bulls' players. As a Bulls fan first and foremost, why would I do that? I'm not a Rose fan before I'm a Bulls fan. Yea it's cool he's from here. But I was a Bulls fan before him and will be after him.

He's actually played better this year because he's shooting a little less, which is good considering his %'s, he is assisting more and he is turning the ball over less.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

I really don't get how LeBron gets serious consideration playing with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
QFT. Bron's playing with the top 10 power forward and a top 3 player in the NBA. Take Durant out of the Thunder, they wouldn't have the record they have now. Kevin Love should be considered for sure. Kobe won't win it. 
So who is kobe playing with? a top 5 Power Forward and a top 3 center. Right?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
at this LA homer being so tight about kobe not winning MVP in a long time ago. Isnt he the one always talking about the "regular season dont matter blah blah blah"??

Now he suddenly cares about the regular season MVP???
indifferent.gif

Heard today that wilt put up something like a 50 points average and lose the MVP because his team wasn't the best.

So I guess you can't change the criteria

I hope the voters don't just give it to Durant cause they want to see a 'new face' win the award like last year.

Don't get how you guys can make the argument that Lebron is playing with Wade & Bosh so he can't win it. Westbrook & Harden are almost on the same level and are actually playing better this year. Also never understood how 1 game (like OKC killing Miami last week) can just vault someone ahead in the race. Does that mean if Miami destroys OKC next week Lebron vaults back to 1st place??

Either way I think it's a dead heat between Lebron and Durant but as of today I give Bron the edge because he's a far superior defender and has been more efficient. Either way should be a great finish...

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

nerd.gif

I usually don't agree with Doo, but he's right. If we're going by who the supporting cast of the player, Dwight Howard might as well win MVP. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

nerd.gif

I usually don't agree with Doo, but he's right. If we're going by who the supporting cast of the player, Dwight Howard might as well win MVP. 
laugh.gif
Thanks for validating my point. Kobe and Lebron have top players with them which is why they probably won't win it. Thanks for quoting this troll, Doo because since he's on ignore I would've never seen the fact he just loves to quote us Laker fans. 
laugh.gif
 I just find it ironic he calls people homers. 

Back
Top Bottom