2012 NBA MVP Thread

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I really don't get how LeBron gets serious consideration playing with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
QFT. Bron's playing with the top 10 power forward and a top 3 player in the NBA. Take Durant out of the Thunder, they wouldn't have the record they have now. Kevin Love should be considered for sure. Kobe won't win it.
indifferent.gif
KD is playing with a top 10 pg/top 15 player (apparently to a lot of dudes), top 20 scorer (arguably the best 6th man in the league), and a top 5 defensive pf. You take LeBron off the Heat and they don't have the record they have now

BUT if you take Dwight off ORL they're not even a playoff team.

So what we really talking about?

As for Rose hurting the award just as much as Nash. Nash's 1st one set the precedent. It's been questionable ever since.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I really don't get how LeBron gets serious consideration playing with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.
QFT. Bron's playing with the top 10 power forward and a top 3 player in the NBA. Take Durant out of the Thunder, they wouldn't have the record they have now. Kevin Love should be considered for sure. Kobe won't win it.
indifferent.gif
KD is playing with a top 10 pg/top 15 player (apparently to a lot of dudes), top 20 scorer (arguably the best 6th man in the league), and a top 5 defensive pf. You take LeBron off the Heat and they don't have the record they have now

As for Rose hurting the award just as much as Nash. Nash's 1st one set the precedent. It's been questionable ever since.
Bron and Kobe have 2 legitimate all-stars. Durant has only 1. Did I say anything about Dwight not being an MVP candidate? Nope.

Durant will win it. Lebron has Wade and Bosh on his team and they're still not on top of their conference.

indifferent.gif

Bron and Kobe have 2 legitimate all-stars. Durant has only 1. Did I say anything about Dwight not being an MVP candidate? Nope.
James Harden is a very good basketball player. Just because he isn't an all-star doesn't make him invisible.

indifferent.gif

Fronting on Harden like he not there
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
You take Durant off OKC and that team is still a top 4 playoff team.

I didn't say anything about Dwight being a candidate. I'm saying if you're gonna play the if X player isn't on this team they would be _____ then Dwight Howard is the MVP NO ARGUMENT WHATSOEVER.
Durant will win it. Lebron has Wade and Bosh on his team and they're still not on top of their conference.
Yet OKC's record is barely better than MIA's.

I think it's between Lebron and Durant....

I'll name a few players and note why they won't win...

Dwight- Even tho the award stands for most valuable player I don't think anybody judges by that because if they did D12 or K love should be winning this year. But the Magic have had some bad losses this year and D12 has had many inconsistent game this year. The knicks game yesterday was a good example....

Kobe- While many people on NT are all about points and flashy scoring, Kobe is leading the NBA in minutes played and is taking almost 3 shots more than anybody else in the league per game. Yes he is leading the game in scoring but Bron who is 2 points behind him is taking 6 less shots and shooting above 50% from the field. IF Bron or KD played the minutes and took the amount of shots kobe does, that whole leading the nba in scoring thing would be null for Kobe and nothing left to argue.

D Rose- The Bulls have a better win % without Rose so far this year. I think he missed 13 games or so and they only lost 2 or 3 of those... The bulls are a very well rounded team with a disciplined defense and have been winning with and without him... For those that do the argument of taking so and so off a team then that team would suck... That does not fit here with rose.

KD and Bron- People that are arguing bron has the better supporting cast need to open their eyes and realize the "big 3" in OKC are averaging more points than Bron, Wade, and Bosh. Bron got the better stats, KD had some monster games... The Heat are 1-2 without Lebron, but 7-1 without Wade... The Heat go as Lebron goes even though he has been having his late game troubles the last 1.5 seasons. Lebron led the cavs to back to back 60 win seasons and best record so we know he dont "need" Wade and Bosh to carry a team through the regular season and put up monster stats along the way... Durant was projected to be the Mvp by most coming into the season but started kinda slow to most standards and has been scoring more lately and making a push for the mvp...

I think its a 2 man race but with Lebron still getting backlash from his move to MIA, I think KD gets the award if he keeps up the consistent play.

b/c rose won the MVP last year ... yall going overboard ... and no the bulls winning % isn't better w/o rose ... there are things they do better w/o him though ... boozer actually plays instead of watching but that's not on rose ...

anyway ... Rose led his team w/ a myriad of injuries ... he earned and won that mvp ... it's a different cast of characters this year all stepping up ...

it's durant to lose this year ... OKC will prolly end up with the best record and he's second in scoring ... he's hit quite a few clutch shots and HE MADE A STATEMENT VS. MIAMI ... bron's play has fallen back a lil ... and while still great ... let's see how he handles the dislocation ...

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by HankMoody

But they are so good without Rose and advanced stats showed that last year. Win shares showed that last year. Where were you?
you're making the same mistake that dland made.  you can't take the bull's success this year and use that in an argument for last year.  bulls are a better team this year, with and without rose.  they depended on him heavily.  without him, they floundered.  or did you not see that in the bulls miami series?  what happened when miami made the bulls run the offense through other players? 
The mistake that YOU are making is assuming that the Bulls record without him this year is the ONLY argument myself, Hank and a few others were using to say why Rose didnt deserve the MVP.  I could get into the plethora of other reasons again, but honestly its not worth the time.  You Bulls fans just disregard said reasons or just point to the fact that he actually won the award and wont even address what was being said.  Basic stats, advanced stats....whatever.  They are ignored.

indifferent.gif

Fronting on Harden like he not there
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
You take Durant off OKC and that team is still a top 4 playoff team.

I didn't say anything about Dwight being a candidate. I'm saying if you're gonna play the if X player isn't on this team they would be _____ then Dwight Howard is the MVP NO ARGUMENT WHATSOEVER.
Yet OKC's record is barely better than MIA's.

OKC doesn't play in the Leastern Conference.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Rose hurt the award just as much as Nash. It's a preposterous to think Rose has an MVP-level impact on the Bulls. The team is 13-5 without him this year. There isn't an argument to be made. It was just a good story and if you want to be held in the same regard as the mainstream media, go right ahead. 

what does last years have to do with this year?
That and...
The Bulls are 28-6 with him this year, which would put them on pace to win 67 games in an 82 game season
sick.gif
sick.gif

Kobe's old and playing like !!%! now. Had he of been playing well since the Miami game it would be a different story.

Lebron has D-Wade and Bosh.

KD has Westbrook and doesn't play defense.

Derrick Rose's team wins without him.

I don't see how there's a clear cut MVP.

The NBA MVP award is for the best player on the team with the best record or a new face that dramatically improves a teams record from the year before

Thats why Jordan only has 5 MVP awards and he was clearly the best player for over a decade.

Welp...

Are we still gonna pretend Kobe has been more valuable than Bynum this year?

Rose shouldn't even be in the MVP discussion, unless the MVP has turned into a "guy whose team plays all out for their best player, even though he's on the bench, because they're afraid of letting him down" award.

The reason the Bulls are winning without Rose is because they brought the entire team back from last season. Take Rose off last year's team and they're middle of conference. Now, they're coached up, dialed in, and step up when he's out. That's a combination of coaching and what I put in quotes.

JD617 wrote:
Welp...

Yes.

Kobe definitely isnt the NBA MVP this year but Bynum isnt more valuable then him. Bynum does some great things and is a top 10-15 player but look at the GS game, Bynum didnt play in the 4th quarter and Kobe closed the game.  The Lakers won....its highly unlikely Bynum couldve done that. 

You can say Lebron> Kobe.....Durant > Kobe but their really isn't another player you can DEFINITELY say is better than him. Rose? ....I need to see more....Wade?....I dont think so. Kobe is still currently a top 5 player. Kobe is still that guy that they have to double most of the time and he still has stretches where hes unguardable.

Stop hating.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

whats wrong with what i said about Dwight though. since you didnt respond with anything ill assume im still correct.

You think saying something as ridiculous as Dwight should never be in the conversation for MVP should warrant an actual response?  A guy who has been carrying a team with a bunch of role players to a top 3 seed for the last few seasons.  Why, because you think he has no offensive game?  A good amount of people had him winning the MVP last year and he finished second.  Your statement was crazy, there's no reason to type more about it than I just did.

CP, looking at Bron's minute numbers have you seen the MP for the Lakers big 3?  What the hell is Brown thinking?

Honestly, Duran't supporting cast>Bron's supporting cast.

For all those saying he choose to play with Wade, the difference between Wade and Westbrook isn't as wide as you guys would like to imagine it is.  It's actually much thinner than you think if one exists at all.

Originally Posted by JD617

Welp...

Man shut up. You haven't said anything for four pages and after one game here you are. Haven't said ANYTHING about the times Kobe did what he's always done. Sit down.

Originally Posted by Proshares

CP, looking at Bron's minute numbers have you seen the MP for the Lakers big 3?  What the hell is Brown thinking?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I take it you never read the Laker thread. 

Let's just say, I am aware.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Honestly, Duran't supporting cast>Bron's supporting cast.

For all those saying he choose to play with Wade, the difference between Wade and Westbrook isn't as wide as you guys would like to imagine it is.  It's actually much thinner than you think if one exists at all.
I agree. I don't understand how Lebron is penalized for Bosh and Wade. Russ and Harden are GREAT 2nd and 3rd options.
Per 36
[table][tr][th=""]Rk[/th][th=""]Player[/th][th=""]Season[/th][th=""]Age[/th][th=""]G[/th][th=""]GS[/th][th=""]MP[/th][th=""]FG[/th][th=""]FGA[/th][th=""]FG%[/th][th=""]3P[/th][th=""]3PA[/th][th=""]3P%[/th][th=""]FT[/th][th=""]FTA[/th][th=""]FT%[/th][th=""]ORB[/th][th=""]DRB[/th][th=""]TRB[/th][th=""]AST[/th][th=""]STL[/th][th=""]BLK[/th][th=""]TOV[/th][th=""]PF[/th][th=""]PTS[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]2011-12[/td][td]30[/td][td]40[/td][td]40[/td][td]1326[/td][td]9.4[/td][td]18.7[/td][td].504[/td][td]0.4[/td][td]1.2[/td][td].295[/td][td]5.5[/td][td]6.9[/td][td].800[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]3.7[/td][td]5.3[/td][td]5.3[/td][td]1.8[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]2.9[/td][td]2.4[/td][td]24.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]2011-12[/td][td]23[/td][td]51[/td][td]51[/td][td]1825[/td][td]9.3[/td][td]19.5[/td][td].475[/td][td]1.0[/td][td]3.0[/td][td].329[/td][td]5.0[/td][td]6.1[/td][td].819[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]3.0[/td][td]4.4[/td][td]5.5[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]3.7[/td][td]2.2[/td][td]24.6[/td][/tr][/table]

Lets see if the MVP is given to the correct player this year. Its essentially a 50-50 chance these days. Look at the last 7. Three were correct, four were incorrect (Bron and Dirk being the correct ones).

Back
Top Bottom