2012 NBA MVP Thread

I don't understand why this is even a thread when the NBA CLEARLY gives the MVP to the best player on the team with the best record..

Originally Posted by crowelliowa34

Durant has been going off lately and with that win head to head with lebron he has the upper hand. The Thunder also has the Best Record in the NBA

Actually the Bulls has the best record in the NBA, but I agree that Kevin Durant is the MVP this year hands down. Derrick Rose would be in the conversation had he not had a injury plagued season.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Kevin Love should be considered. I don't care what anyone says. The numbers he has put up this year are ridiculous.

No he shouldn't. He shouldn't get ONE vote above 3rd place.. Not sure why someone needs to be considered if they won't realistically finish anywhere above 3rd. Why name him at all? His name shouldn't even be typed in this thread at all. He is having a good individual stress free season though. But, he plays for a team that isn't in a position to go anywhere. No discrediting him, well I am, but we can't get too happy over people that put up numbers on losing teams.
LeBron vs. KD.

Anyone else mentioned has no business being mentioned.

I missed Rupertone's post because he usually just posts shirtless men.
Bynum does some great things and is a top 10-15 player but look at the GS game, Bynum didnt play in the 4th quarter and Kobe closed the game.  The Lakers won....its highly unlikely Bynum couldve done that.
Why is it highly unlikely? We don't know for sure since Kobe doesn't miss games but Bynum's shooting 82% in clutch time this year. He showed in the Celtics game that he has the ability to go down in the post and get a clutch bucket to seal a game when his team needs it. He doesn't have nearly the amount of clutch attempts as Kobe but that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't capable of doing it. But clutch time aside, he's just been better over the course of 48 minutes this year.

You can say Lebron> Kobe.....Durant > Kobe but their really isn't another player you can DEFINITELY say is better than him. Rose? ....I need to see more....Wade?....I dont think so.
Wade is better than Kobe at every aspect of basketball except outside shooting. What more do you need to see from Rose? And you left some out, CP3 who might be the best guard in basketball, Dwight, the best defensive player in the league and despite whatever offensive flaws he may have still puts up 21 and 14.5 a night on 58% shooting, K. Love, the best PF in the league and the guy whose only reason for not being a serious MVP candidate is not having a better team around him, etc.

Kobe is still currently a top 5 player.
No, not unless we're counting legacy points. I'm only talking about this year.

Stop hating.
Why does it have to be hating? Bynum's maturity issues aside, he's having a really, really good year. It's not even such a bad thing.

Okay, back to Bron/Durant.

Kobe has played through all sorts of injuries is leading the league in scoring and his team is winning the division.

need i say more?

JD is turning into Doo. Wade ain't better than Kobe at a damn thing. You're delusional.

Originally Posted by odog24

Kobe has played through all sorts of injuries is leading the league in scoring and his team is winning the division.

need i say more?

Leading the league in scoring means nothing when the player in question is shooting at 42%. How is this hard to understand? Leading the league in scoring means nothing when the player in question is shooting at 42%. Points mean nothing without context, in all walks of life.

Wade is a superior defender than Kobe plus gets to the hoop much better at this point in his career.  Kobe is shootin 43 percent aka he can't really get to the hoop anymore.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Kobe being better than wade at everything

Kobe better be leading the league in scoring, he's taken 231 more shots than the next highest player. 
laugh.gif

Wade isn't more athletic, gets to the rim better, finishes at the rim better, better on ball defender, help defender, shot blocker, passer...?

Originally Posted by JD617

I missed Rupertone's post because he usually just posts shirtless men.
Bynum does some great things and is a top 10-15 player but look at the GS game, Bynum didnt play in the 4th quarter and Kobe closed the game.  The Lakers won....its highly unlikely Bynum couldve done that.
Why is it highly unlikely? We don't know for sure since Kobe doesn't miss games but Bynum's shooting 82% in clutch time this year. He showed in the Celtics game that he has the ability to go down in the post and get a clutch bucket to seal a game when his team needs it. He doesn't have nearly the amount of clutch attempts as Kobe but that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't capable of doing it. But clutch time aside, he's just been better over the course of 48 minutes this year.

You can say Lebron> Kobe.....Durant > Kobe but their really isn't another player you can DEFINITELY say is better than him. Rose? ....I need to see more....Wade?....I dont think so.
Wade is better than Kobe at every aspect of basketball except outside shooting. What more do you need to see from Rose? And you left some out, CP3 who might be the best guard in basketball, Dwight, the best defensive player in the league and despite whatever offensive flaws he may have still puts up 21 and 14.5 a night on 58% shooting, K. Love, the best PF in the league and the guy whose only reason for not being a serious MVP candidate is not having a better team around him, etc.

Kobe is still currently a top 5 player.
No, not unless we're counting legacy points. I'm only talking about this year.

Stop hating.
Why does it have to be hating? Bynum's maturity issues aside, he's having a really, really good year. It's not even such a bad thing.

Okay, back to Bron/Durant.

You come off to me as pure stat head....talking about adjusted stats like per 48 mins and clutch shooting pct.

Just watch the games and watch how teams play Kobe and respect he commands. He can still have a horrible game like he did on Saturday and still beat you( I know it was the Hornets
laugh.gif
) and if you dont pay him the defensive respect, he can still go off  for40. You and  I both know hes still an elite player.....Top 3 in the league. You know damn well if you aint actually taking Wade, Howard or Love 
laugh.gif
 So just stop it.

Originally Posted by JD617

Kobe better be leading the league in scoring, he's taken 231 more shots than the next highest player. 
laugh.gif

Wade isn't more athletic, gets to the rim better, finishes at the rim better, better on ball defender, help defender, shot blocker, passer...?
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Kevin Love should be considered. I don't care what anyone says. The numbers he has put up this year are ridiculous.

No he shouldn't. He shouldn't get ONE vote above 3rd place.. Not sure why someone needs to be considered if they won't realistically finish anywhere above 3rd. Why name him at all? His name shouldn't even be typed in this thread at all. He is having a good individual stress free season though. But, he plays for a team that isn't in a position to go anywhere. No discrediting him, well I am, but we can't get too happy over people that put up numbers on losing teams.
LeBron vs. KD.

Anyone else mentioned has no business being mentioned.
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

What is funny? Seriously if this is an MVP thread why are we discussing people that will come in 3/4/5th place? I never understood that logic.

Originally Posted by CP1708

JD is turning into Doo. Wade ain't better than Kobe at a damn thing. You're delusional.
Word to him pm'ing me begging me to stop replying to him
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

This MVP race is down to KD and Lebron. Kobe fans, just leave the thread now.

Even though the Thunder have a better record, look where KD and Lebron compare in league leaders

Lebron- 3rd

Rebounds
KD- 25th
Lebron- 26th

Assists
KD- 59th
Lebron- 13th

Steals
KD- 21st
Lebron- 4th

FG%
KD- 19th (.551)
Lebron- 9th (.556)

All of those categories are really close, besides the assists and steals. Two HUGE categories. If it were chosen right now, it should be Lebron. But I still think the NBA will give it to Durant.

Westbrook needs to be in the conversation.

But, he plays for a team that isn't in a position to go anywhere. No discrediting him, well I am, but we can't get too happy over people that put up numbers on losing teams.

I'm switching my stance on Kevin Love because of this argument. This dude is putting up HALL OF FAME type numbers. Show me someone else on a bad team that's putting up these type of numbers. Cleveland? Charlotte? New Jersey?
laugh.gif

Add to the fact that the Wolves are a .500 team. If they make the playoffs, Love HAS to be in the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom