2012 Toyota GT-86 / SCION FRS/ BRZ - FRS $24,930 MSRP

Honda is gonna release a $37,000 2 seat convertible or FR NSX prototype that would probably cost $100,000+ to compete with a $27,000 2+2? Right.
Closest comparison is Integra Type R which is fwd.
Honda should consider bringing back the Integra Type R and make it rwd.
The HSV was not a prototype. It was a ACUTALLY race car. It can go

Civic SI(Hot Hatch and lower end market)

HSV(Mustang, BRZ, Camaro Rival)

S2000(Roadster)

NSX(Nissan GTR, ZR1, and other Super Car Rivals)

Just make it 25-30gs and keep the looks. People would love it. I mean LOOK AT IT

Last edited:
Easier said than done. You see how aggressive and low that looks? If they could make/sell cars that look like that or a Ferrari or a Lambo for $25k, don't you think they would have done it by now? At the end, the look just cannot be that "in your face", it has to fit in nicely with other street cars. I think the most aggressive you can get w/o going too crazy is the new Genesis Coupe minus the fake hood scoops.

Either way, Toyobaru ahs started something that we will look forward to in the near future. Nissan already developing a smaller engined 370Z and the new Miata is being built with Alfa Romeo (which makes nice small cars) and we know that will handle very nicely. I am sure Honda already has something cooking, it is probably safe to guess that they even started plans once they heard what Toyobaru was developing a couple of years ago.

The HSV was not a prototype. It was a ACUTALLY race car. It can go
Civic SI(Hot Hatch and lower end market)
HSV(Mustang, BRZ, Camaro Rival)
S2000(Roadster)
NSX(Nissan GTR, ZR1, and other Super Car Rivals)
Just make it 25-30gs and keep the looks. People would love it. I mean LOOK AT IT
HSV WAS a next gen NSX prototype. Someone at honda thought it would be a good idea to make a FR NSX, then it was scrapped because of the recession.

Just because it was running doesn't mean it wasn't a prototype. It was never released to market.

It would never be affordable enough to compete with the FRS/86/BRZ.

Why cant they |I. Just make a FR civic and replace the body with that. The world would love it for mods :smh:. F that fit into the looks of other cars of its price range. I dont wanna fit it I wanna stand out.

Last edited:
Why cant they |I. Just make a FR civic and replace the body with that.

Don't we all wish it is as simple as that. Like I said, if it were as simple as throwing a body on a civic and selling it for $25k and make tons of profit then Honda would have done it years ago.

Last edited:
Possible look at the smaller 370Z to compete with Toyobaru?

20j1ev6.jpg

Powerful four-cylinder turbo to combine with lower weight for the next Nissan 370Z - given the Renault-Nissan Alliance the new model is expected to drop its 3.7-litre V6 engine in favour of a more powerful version (~300 hp) of the turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine which will equip the hotter Megane RS recently spied testing at the Nordschleife:

33wv828.jpg

FWD Z?
2zyeoec.jpg

Also, the next MX-5 will be co-developed with Alfa Romeo

Last edited:
Z without balls huh? Pass...

Anyway i dont understand all u dudes clamoring about FWD vehicles. .. if your nnot on the track (95% of the time you wont be)

Fwd will be way more suitable for winter conditions... less ur all from cali hah

damn they castrating da Z? smh....

Not really castrating it per say, they are making a smaller version (200Z?) but still keeping the 370Z a more powerful and expensive option. The next gen will likely start at $35k.

Anyway i dont understand all u dudes clamoring about FWD vehicles. .. if your nnot on the track (95% of the time you wont be)
Fwd will be way more suitable for winter conditions... less ur all from cali hah

Its a niche car, if you have to drive this car in the snow then you need to get some priorities straight. This is also the reason the production on these cars are pretty low, it isn't exactly advertised like the Corolla that you drive on long commutes or a daily driver. Of course you could when possible but again if you live somewhere that has snow then get something else or have another car that can handle that weather.

In the end, the car is for driving fun and to it's limits, track or not. And in that end, RWD > FWD.

I wonder if Honda can tune/upgrade the CRZ for an extra $5k (that would bump it to $25k) and have it compete with the Toyobaru? I think they already have a turbo-4 engine planned for it already in the future.
sw7kmt.jpg

Why test two identical cars though? :lol:

Yeah a lot of reviewers like to compare the two even though for the most part they are the exact same car. BRZ is probably a bit heavier due to more luxury amenities in the interior compared to the FRS. Same chassis and motor. Mustang numbers are damn good, car weighs 700 more pounds than the BRZ/FRS but pulls better lat g times around every turn and is probably the fastest straight line car in the group.

Last edited:
tsx, you wont dislike it and your resale will be highest... presuming nothing unforseen changes with the BR-Z slated releases

Edit: \/ im from PA bruh lol you wont be goin anywhere around here in a light rwd car... no wheres haha

Last edited:

Get some snow tires and be easy on the throttle and you'll be fine.

tsx, you wont dislike it and your resale will be highest... presuming nothing unforseen changes with the BR-Z slated releases

Edit: \/ im from PA bruh lol you wont be goin anywhere around here in a light rwd car... no wheres haha

I feel you on the weather part. LOL i guess i'm just praying that global warming keeps winter soft like its been the past two years

Back
Top Bottom