2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Kobe was thought of as a once in a generation type of talent coming into his rookie year?

Everybody knew he was going to be the next Jordan but they scared away by his agent?

Am I correct now?

Last edited:
Ok Kobe was thought of as a once in a generation type of talent coming into his rookie year?

Everybody knew he was going to be the next Jordan but they scared away by his agent?

Am I correct now?

The nextJordan wasnt being discussed back then.(not to my memory anyway) He was still playing man

But a once in a generation talent yes, well worded. YES YES

Last edited:
Does anybody remember Renaldo Sidney and his hype outta HS? :lol:

I remember freshman year of HS we played Artesia and all the hype was about this super sophomore named Renardo. Had no idea who he was, but after that game I remember him being talked about everywhereeeee. He really was like a 6'10 guy who did it all offensively man. Shame what happened to him.

:lol:
No.

My man you're giving away your age

That's literally all they effin talked about back then from Harold Miner, Stackhouse, Hill, Penny, Shaq, Barkley etc etc

Who was the next Jordan?

Who was the next Jordan?

Wow :lol:

Last edited:

Am I correct now?

Next Jordan? I don't know about that but I know that Cal thought he was going to be an incredible talent in the league. He said this about Kobe prior to the draft. West called Kobe a "player for the ages" after 2 workouts.

So yeah, he kind of was considered a once in a generation type talent coming into the league.

harold minor 
laugh.gif

i think he blew a dunk contest too

Does anybody remember Renardo Sidney and his hype outta HS? :lol:

i remember posting about him during the ncaa march madness
sad that his pops basically used him as a ticket and basically is out of his life after the kid didnt make it
i know he basically apologized to everyone and trying to get his life back

:lol:
No.

My man you're giving away your age

That's literally all they effin talked about back then from Harold Miner, Stackhouse, Hill, Penny, Shaq, Barkley etc etc

Who was the next Jordan?

Who was the next Jordan?

Wow :lol:

I graduated in 97 mate.
I don't recall any next Jordan convos on heavy rotation, but now that you mention Harold Miner, hells yea, I remember that comparison. No doubt!

You must've graduated from Kindergarten or weren't paying attention at all.

That's all they talked about especially Since Jordan had retired a few years before leaving a huge void.

Jordan was larger than the NBA

Last edited:
My closing argument, before the thread gets closed is this..
I think it's fair to say perception is reality, and my nostalgia is based on how or where or what I was doing when Kobe was introduced, I remember the first game he played in, air balled first shot I think
But he was still being praised as the star he was going to be. The end

I swear Bert. Bert. can't post without a smiley, head shake , or rolling smiley emote. I crack up every time I see the name Zyzz because I look for the colored face before reading the post.
Giggles

In 96, MJ was still playing.

As far as who was next, THAT WAS THE BIG QUESTION.

That single question DOMINATED basketball discussion back then.

There was no unanimous guy; there was no "Oh, definetly Kobe. Once MJ's bored of this whole championship+MVP thing, the league is Kobe's."

No.

Yes, there were people saying that, and people saying Iverson.

And Carter.

And Hill. (Oh, we're pretending that only guards were in the discussion of 'it'?)

And Penny.

And Grandmama.

There was no 'it' as in "That guy! He's the one! Everyone knows it!"

But if you mean 'it' as in "The guy everyone knew would be 'it' out of that draft", no; that was Iverson.

Agreed for the most part. However, it was pretty obvious that they considered Kobe to be close to "it" or "can't miss" as possible considering the context. AI in 96 had the most buzz coming into the draft for sure that year however, the discussion was that Kobe wasn't "it" coming out of HS and into the draft and when you consider context, he absolutely was.

You got tha bootleg Derrick Rose feetwork dog seriously Ska saying what I'm saying but you agree for the most part :smh: ?

Now he was close to it considering the context and all that, and dudes say Kobe fans should be politicians :lol:

Few posts ago he was it period, now he was close to it considering the context :smh:.....

Either he was it, the guy or he wasnt.

And he wasnt.

Yeah, Finals are over, offseason has begun.

Take this riveting discussion over there.

Or just agree to disagree. There's always that option.
I don't recall any next Jordan convos on heavy rotation
You... WHAT?!

*locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom