2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok last attempt to get some clarity

When you say it are u saying it like oh that dude gon take over, he's a cant miss, or he's the best player in this draft class ?

Or it like yeah I heard about this high school kid who supposed to be pretty good, I can't wait to see him play heard he's got loads of potential "it" ?

Just saying, guys who I consider to be it coming into the league are easily number one or easily the best player in the class and Kobe was neither.

When you're a high school guard and essentially go top 10 in 1996, when no guard had ever done that, that to me is what I meant by "it." Think about it, when you consider the circumstances surrounding what it meant to get drafted out of HS into the NBA, then for a guard to go lotto, that has to be "it" to me. For NBA teams to be that high on a HS guard in 96, he was pretty close to a can't miss. Jerry West literally said it took him two workouts before the draft to identify Kobe as being a "player for the ages"

The best players in the draft don't always get taken highest. What the teams need in relation to their draft position has a lot to do with the # or spot any player is drafted.

Again, Calipari and the Nets were going to take him #8, but Kobe and Arn Tellem said no and threatened to go overseas. So Calipari took Kerry Kittles instead.

The level headed P always lol coming with the info but attempts to stay out of the fray :lol: respect bro.

Honestly tho what's your take, was Kobe that dude coming outta high school or not..was he IT ?
Bruh, I was like 9 at the time. :lol:

Funny thing is the 1996-97 season was when I first started the NBA.

[quote name="PMatic"]Again, Calipari and the Nets were going to take him #8, but Kobe and Arn Tellem said no and threatened to go overseas. So Calipari took Kerry Kittles instead.[/quote][@CP1708 ] The entire internet is wrong. Kobe never forced anyone's hand. Dude went to a workout, and a team drafted him. The end. Anyone remembering anything else is simply misremembering. [/CP]

Ok last attempt to get some clarity

When you say it are u saying it like oh that dude gon take over, he's a cant miss, or he's the best player in this draft class ?

Or it like yeah I heard about this high school kid who supposed to be pretty good, I can't wait to see him play heard he's got loads of potential "it" ?

Just saying, guys who I consider to be it coming into the league are easily number one or easily the best player in the class and Kobe was neither.

When you're a high school guard and essentially go top 10 in 1996, when no guard had ever done that, that to me is what I meant by "it." Think about it, when you consider the circumstances surrounding what it meant to get drafted out of HS into the NBA, then for a guard to go lotto, that has to be "it" to me. For NBA teams to be that high on a HS guard in 96, he was pretty close to a can't miss. Jerry West literally said it took him two workouts before the draft to identify Kobe as being a "player for the ages"

Teams take risks all the time nothing new there these GMs and front office types will draft a cactus if they see enough potential :lol:

Seriously Jerry West loving that workout is great but I just don't think Kobe had enough buzz to be the it guy, there simply wasnt enough coverage of Bean because of the circumstances.

How can you be the it guy when so few people know of your talents outside of your high school area

And stop bringin up second year **** , we discussing comin into the league....before any games were played.

No one can verify the story. It's all alleged by John Nash. No concrete evidence ever surfaced about the story outside of John Nash so moving right along.

Living in la and being a Kobe fan since day one was in high school his rookie year and I've always watched ball
Everybody thought kb was going to be something big. Pmatic is right. Dude threatened teams he wouldn't play with em or so I thought.

dude had hype but not lebron hype obviously.

Last edited:
"Everybody knows I was talked out of that," Calipari said of his desire to select Bryant, and not the Villanova guard he did draft, Kerry Kittles.

"But let me say this," Calipari continued outside of his locker room, selling something nearly impossible to buy, "the opportunity to coach Kerry Kittles I wouldn't give up for anything. I love Kerry Kittles, and I said at the time he'll be better than Kobe these first couple of years, but in five years Kobe's going to be off the charts."
Link

Teams take risks all the time nothing new there these GMs and front office types will draft a cactus if they see enough potential :lol:

Seriously Jerry West loving that workout is great but I just don't think Kobe had enough buzz to be the it guy, there simply wasnt enough coverage of Bean because of the circumstances.

How can you be the it guy when so few people know of your talents outside of your high school area

And stop bringin up second year **** , we discussing comin into the league....before any games were played.

Again, Jerry West called him a "player for the ages" after 2 workouts in 96. He literally would have went top 10 in the lottery had it not been for Tellum. He ended up going Lotto as a High school guard. That literally never happened before.

Obviously, with the aforementioned being said, there was enough people who knew about his talents coming into the league .

IMO when you combine all of this, he was "it" coming out of HS. He was as close to can't miss as a High School guard could be. There's no way a team like the Lakers would move pieces to grab a High School guard in 96' unless they didn't think he was "it."

Politicians :lol:

You have duck and dodged my questions when it doesn't fit your talking points

For like the 4th time, since PER is such a be all stat then explain if David Robinson is the 4th best player of all time?

Wheres your response to the fact that MJ got cooked?

Whats your answer to the fact it took the Answer 41 shots to get 45 points?

How TMac, Vince and Iverson don't have one All-Defensive selection between all 3 of them?

Who was the catalyst for the current Heat teams? Lebron or Wade?

what's this obsession with david robinson? we were takling about wade vs kobe.

you talk about dude like he's a scrub.. dudes a MVP, 2x champion, scoring champion, 10x all star and more. his resume is impressive. and just like everyone in history (other than dirk and hakeem) he needed a 2nd great player in order to win.

d-rob was thought of as too nice a guy..if he had a mean streak he'd be rank better historically.

2× NBA champion (1999, 2003)
NBA Most Valuable Player (1995)
10× NBA All-Star (1990–1996, 1998, 2000–2001)
4× All-NBA First Team (1991–1992, 1995–1996)
2× All-NBA Second Team (1994, 1998)
4× All-NBA Third Team (1990, 1993, 2000–2001)
NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1992)
4× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1991–1992, 1995–1996)
4× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1990, 1993–1994, 1998)
NBA Rookie of the Year (1990)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1990)
NBA Sportsmanship Award (2001)
NBA scoring champion (1994)
NBA blocks leader (1992)
NBA rebounding leader (1991)
NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team
No. 50 retired by San Antonio Spurs
USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year (1986)
Consensus National Player of the Year (1987)
Consensus first team All-American (1987)
Consensus second team All-American (1986)
NCAA Silver Anniversary Award (2012)

And back to wade. Only reason he was 3rd in mvp voting was record

bleacherreport.com/articles/936946-nba-the-last-20-mvps-and-who-couldawouldashoulda-won/page/19

Idc if they dont have def noms. Its easier to D in spurts when you have the most dominant player on your team who also gets you easy baskets. and if you don't think iverson. Who lead the league in steals 3x eould gamble even more with fatass shaq down low youre fooling yourself.

But yet he wasn't "It" out of high school :lol: all this over a guard coming out of HS. It literally never happened before. Do you know how much buzz you have to have, and how good people must think you are to even be considered to be drafted out of HS, let alone lotto? You have to be pretty close to Can't miss I would believe.

But yet he wasn't "It" out of high school
laugh.gif
all this over a guard coming out of HS. It literally never happened before. Do you know how much buzz you have to have, and how good people must think you are to even be considered to be drafted out of HS, let alone lotto? You have to be pretty close to Can't miss I would believe.
Gerald Greene

Jonathan Bender

Kwame Brown 

Eddie Curry

Tyson Chandler etc etc

All considered and drafted out of high school top 10 picks. Can't miss prospects right? 
laugh.gif

No one can verify the story. It's all alleged by John Nash. No concrete evidence ever surfaced about the story outside of John Nash so moving right along.

"Everybody knows I was talked out of that," Calipari said of his desire to select Bryant, and not the Villanova guard he did draft, Kerry Kittles.

Straight for Cal's mouth

Again, Calipari and the Nets were going to take him #8, but Kobe and Arn Tellem said no and threatened to go overseas. So Calipari took Kerry Kittles instead.

The level headed P always lol coming with the info but attempts to stay out of the fray :lol: respect bro.

Honestly tho what's your take, was Kobe that dude coming outta high school or not..was he IT ?
Bruh, I was like 9 at the time. :lol:

Funny thing is the 1996-97 season was when I first started the NBA.

Slight copout there but it's all good , I was too young doesn't seem like a good answer for a basketball junkie like yourself.

But I guess staying outta Kobe topics is a great way to keep friends on NT :lol: , smart move.

You just made me feel really old btw thnx a lot :smh:....in 1997 I was 18 :x :rofl:

Gerald Greene

Jonathan Bender

Kwame Brown 

Eddie Curry

Tyson Chandler etc etc

All considered and drafted out of high school top 10 picks. Can't miss prospects right? :lol:

What the hell was your point about this? What does this have to do with Kobe being "It" and being tabbed as a player for the ages by Jerry west out of High School? With the exception of Chandler those guys didn't pan out. Kobe Did.

Slight copout there but it's all good , I was too young doesn't seem like a good answer for a basketball junkie like yourself.

But I guess staying outta Kobe topics is a great way to keep friends on NT :lol: , smart move.

You just made me feel really old btw thnx a lot :smh:....in 1997 I was 18 :x :rofl:

In 97 I was...5 :lol: :lol: :lol:

What the hell was your point about this? What does this have to do with Kobe being "It" and being tabbed as a player for the ages by Jerry west out of High School? With the exception of Chandler those guys didn't pan out. Kobe Did.
Again Jerry West knew Kobe would be good but not as good as he became. Watch Kobe's beyond the glory where West covers the topic.
But yet he wasn't "It" out of high school
laugh.gif
all this over a guard coming out of HS. It literally never happened before. Do you know how much buzz you have to have, and how good people must think you are to even be considered to be drafted out of HS, let alone lotto? You have to be pretty close to Can't miss I would believe.

Last edited:

Bruh KOBE WAS DRAFTED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL IN 96 AS A GUARD. IT HAD NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE. WHAT DOES BRING UP MILLENIALL HIGH SCHOOL DRAFT PICKS HAVE TO DO WITH THE HISTORICAL CONTEXT AND SIGNIFICANCE BEHIND KOBE GOING LOTTO AS A HS GUARD IN 96? THEY CAME AFTER KOBE GENIUS :lol:

I swear man :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
But yet he wasn't "It" out of high school :lol: all this over a guard coming out of HS. It literally never happened before. Do you know how much buzz you have to have, and how good people must think you are to even be considered to be drafted out of HS, let alone lotto? You have to be pretty close to Can't miss I would believe.

Gerald Greene

Jonathan Bender

Kwame Brown 

Eddie Curry

Tyson Chandler etc etc

All considered and drafted out of high school top 10 picks. Can't miss prospects right? :lol:
Nothing to do with his point. Before bean it was only big men. Moses malone and kg iirc.

In 97 I was...5 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok I'm pulling old head rank bro that's it , u wasnt even potty trained but the way you talking sounds like you witnessed the workouts and provided Gatorade :lol:

I've been a basketball fanatic since middle school collected cards and everything, I seriously don't remember Kobe being THE guy coming into his rookie season he just didnt have the necessary media coverage to support that claim brother.

All we had was slam , hoops magazine, and espn so there was no machine behind him to push that it title.

You're speaking as if he was Manziel coming outta high school but it wasnt even close to that.

P would u care to reconsider ? You're actually 4 years older than the guy who started the latest hot topic :lol: 5 and nine my goodness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom