2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Front court depth? From Joel Anthony? For two years at $3.8 million? Plus a young player (despite whether or not you use him)?

:lol:

Maybe the Heat need to make a trade, doesn't mean they CAN. There's a reason why Rashard Lewis is getting meaningful minutes.

Last edited:
Man I still play in my 20.5.5s from time to time and theyre basically finished. I've never had such a comfortable shoe.

Why not just sign a big man off the streets rather than trade for 2 years of almost $8 of Joel Anthony
roll.gif
roll.gif

Some of you kids
mean.gif
laugh.gif

I swear
roll.gif
joel anthony is da gawd doe.

Joel Anthony=championship pedigree and experience :nerd:

Joel Anthony>Omar Asik

Joel Anthony could probably command a 1st round draft pick

Last edited:
Front court depth? From Joel Anthony? For two years at $3.8 million? Plus a young player (despite whether or not you use him)?

laugh.gif

Maybe the Heat need to make a trade, doesn't mean they CAN. There's a reason why Rashard Lewis is getting meaningful minutes.
But they're not even showcasing Rivers... his stock is at an all-time low (as is Joel's)... they should be making decisions based on needs

This would just represent a coincidence in needs

:lol:

But they're not even showcasing Rivers... his stock is at an all-time low (as is Joel's)... they should be making decisions based on needs

Please do tell of when Joel Anthony's stock wasn't at an all time low and was a hot commodity :nerd:

Or just a a commodity in general. The players you have going to the Heat in your scenario are young players who have some promise. No similarities whatsoever. Joel Anthony isn't even of the same nationality as rivers or jimmer :lol:

Last edited:
Please do tell of when Joel Anthony's stock wasn't at an all time low and was a hot commodity
nerd.gif
Geez I don't know maybe when he was the starting Center for the Miami Heat.

From a financial standpoint, Joel's contract isn't that bad b/c the season has started. Next season he's an expiring. For now teams have to allocate their money to meet the minimum threshold anyways (NO isn't even close to the luxury tax line). Pelicans have no use for Rivers, so a year of Anthony covering some depth and then next year just use him as trade bait. Wouldn't be the worst strategy.

Last edited:

:rofl:

The Pelicans can value Austin Rivers the same they value the empty bag of pistachios they just threw in the trash can... doesn't mean they'll just go out and trade him for anything

Trades only happen when BOTH teams think they are benefiting from it... It might not always seem like it but that's why they do it, in case you forgot. I seriously doubt any team is going to sit there and think I'll get better by trading for JOEL ANTHONY at that price, no matter what trash they'd be giving up

If the Pelicans really need a center they can offer Jeremy Tyler, Diop, Marcus Camby, Jason Collins, Fab Melo, Kwame Brown a minimum deal instead of trading for Joel Anthony at double the price and double the years, and helping out another team fill their needs :lol:

Last edited:
Please do tell of when Joel Anthony's stock wasn't at an all time low and was a hot commodity :nerd:
Geez I don't know maybe when he was the starting Center for the Miami Heat.

From a financial standpoint, Joel's contract isn't that bad b/c the season has started. Next season he's an expiring. For now teams have to allocate their money to meet the minimum threshold anyways (NO isn't even close to the luxury tax line). Pelicans have no use for Rivers, so a year of Anthony covering some depth and then next year just use him as trade bait. Wouldn't be the worst strategy.
Yeah you are right.

So many teams were hoping to trade for THE Joel Anthony, starting center of the Miami Heat.

Matt Dellavedova, what's his trade value?

Radial Butler's is probably pretty high too

Yeah you right. I read your post again. Joel was never a "hot commodity" but his stock was "higher" back then

nah, i just have that old man game pivoting like crazy :lol:

@#$% is effective, man. Due to injury problems (and not because I am, in fact, old), I've had to resort to the old man game too. A lot of pivots, pump fakes, quick shots and using screens. Now I'm starting to understand why, when I was a teenager, I would get beat by slow, old dudes who couldn't jump. Craftiness FTW :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom