2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious, who y'all got being seeded higher this year? Clippers or Warriors?

I made a bet with a buddy and I said Clippers. I love what both squads are working with, its as equal as it gets so we made the bet to make it interesting. I see them going one after the other with the Clippers getting the slight edge. If curry messes up that ankle of his (pray to god he doesn't) Clippers will have a huge edge, obviously.

arguably harden is the 4th best player in the league . like I can't say Melo, kobe, Westbrook, drose, Steph, or anyone else for tht matter without having some type of doubt in my head . so to the people who do think he's 4th in the league I can see were yall coming from .

I mean everyone knows he's the best at the 2 guard position so is it really tht difficult to believe ?
What has he done to make him better than Russy, Steph, Melo or Kobe? Realistically, how much better do you see him becoming?

Harden hit the series swinging game winner on the road over Kawhi Leonard. Y'all musta forgot. He gave Kobe and every other sg the business that yr, the fact he came into the game 6 minutes later is irrelevant. He finished and that's what mattered

arguably harden is the 4th best player in the league . like I can't say Melo, kobe, Westbrook, drose, Steph, or anyone else for tht matter without having some type of doubt in my head . so to the people who do think he's 4th in the league I can see were yall coming from .

I mean everyone knows he's the best at the 2 guard position so is it really tht difficult to believe ?
What has he done to make him better than Russy, Steph, Melo or Kobe? Realistically, how much better do you see him becoming?
as of 2013 i would take russ and rose (pretty much the same player) over harden, at this point harden is better than kobe and its a tossup between steph harden and melo. i can see harden getting the melo treatment in 4-5 years when durant is off winning titles and harden is falling short year after year

Will Westbrook or Harden ever be better or on par with Durant? Will Harden win a championship before Durant and Westbrook?

No, Durant is an anomaly, a 6'10 guy who can play 2-4 and give you 50/40/90 while being a top 3 scorer year in year out. Westbrook can be the best PG in league and I expect him to be sooner than later.

I do think Harden will win a championship in 2015, before Durant and Russ

worldbeefreeg worldbeefreeg

You're comparing Durant to Harden though

I don't think anyone said Harden is better than KD

Why don't you compare Harden's playoff numbers to Melo's? :lol:

Melo played with a hurt shooting shoulder for the whole playoffs pretty much and shot .433 from the field against Indiana, a much better defensive team than OKC.

And Harden played well with Durant and Westbrook on the court at the same time in a series? You don't say. God forbid Melo ever play with an offensive player of the that caliber where he wasn't facing double teams each time he touched the ball.

Harden shot under 40 percent against OKC...Durant shot above 42% against Memphis, the best defensive team in the West without Westbrook (essentially alone). Houston's supporting cast>>>OKC supporting cast without Westbrook.

And Harden had one great series, against the Spurs but you also have to consider he was logging the majority of those minutes against the second unit of the Spurs.

and then started a whole season for the rockets and finished 5th in scoring. who did he log the majority of his minutes against in those games?

James Harden at number 4 is plain stupid. I cant take espn seriously anymore.

great analysis. so insightful.

from tan

This chick I took to the Jr prom when I was in hs is now a Clippers cheerleader [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji] :wow: :smokin
you took that certifiedflyboi character to prom? :x

:rofl:
I don't understand the reference... :nerd:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

harden was 7th in steals per game. take that however you want, but mchale also told him to step up his defensive intensity this season and so far in the preseason he definitely has.

as of 2013 i would take russ and rose (pretty much the same player) over harden, at this point harden is better than kobe and its a tossup between steph harden and melo. i can see harden getting the melo treatment in 4-5 years when durant is off winning titles and harden is falling short year after year
Exactly what I'm saying. Harden had one GOOD season, and now he's the 4th best player in the Leauge lol. That's laughable. Chandler parsons may have played better in the playoffs last year than Harden. Dwight is still the best plyer on that team, hands down. I dont think anybody ever considered melo as a top 4 player in the League, and he's been doing basically what Harden has been doing for 10 years.

Still think kobe would work harden on the court at any level of the game.

Kobe's going to go ham this year and I can't wait to witness it

Idk man I love Vino but that achilles is a different type of monster. I know he's Wolverine and all of that but all that mileage plus trying to come back from an injury like this, I don't think he's going to exactly "go ham" this year.

harden was 7th in steals per game. take that however you want, but mchale also told him to step up his defensive intensity this season and so far in the preseason he definitely has.

That's only because he gambled damn near every possession :lol:

how can you put Rose over Harden when he hasn't even played a season in like 2 years?
i swear you guys would let Rose smash your girl if he asked

If we are solely talking about this year, I could easily make the case that I would rather have:

Dwight, Steph, Bron, Wade, Steph, Rose, Russ, Dirk, Love, Melo, CP3, K.Love, P.George, T.Duncan than Harden. I just don't like wing defenders who are sieve's like Harden. Sure, he's the best SG in the league but that's the weakest position at the moment in the league imo. Not saying he's not an All-NBA caliber guy or elite, I just don't think he's a top 5 guy when it comes down to it. My opinion though.

I'm curious, who y'all got being seeded higher this year? Clippers or Warriors?

I made a bet with a buddy and I said Clippers. I love what both squads are working with, its as equal as it gets so we made the bet to make it interesting. I see them going one after the other with the Clippers getting the slight edge. If curry messes up that ankle of his (pray to god he doesn't) Clippers will have a huge edge, obviously.

clippers

Kobe's going to go ham this year and I can't wait to witness it

Same here fam.  I plan to get tix to both visits LAL makes here [PHX].  
me too, I'm monopolizing the Lakers tix when they get into town. And only reselling to Kings fans :lol:

from tan

This chick I took to the Jr prom when I was in hs is now a Clippers cheerleader [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji] :wow: :smokin
you took that certifiedflyboi character to prom? :x

:rofl:
I don't understand the reference... :nerd:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
fill me in pls

how can you put Rose over Harden when he hasn't even played a season in like 2 years?
i swear you guys would let Rose smash your girl if he asked
anyone putting rose over harden is obviously implying that if rose played like he did in his last healthy season he's better than harden.
As of now its hard to rank guys like rose kobe and love

I've seen a lot of Rockets fans post "let's get Lemarcus, let's get K Love" over the past few months. And people wanna say Laker/Knick fans are bad in that regard...

That is nothing close to what Knicks fans and the LA Trade Machine fans have said, so please stop

Unrealistic is unrealistic.

My point is fans in general get greedy. They get rich, then they wanna get richer. And a lot become unrealistic in the process. Just so happens teams like the Lakers always seem to have some riches (they've had Kobe for 17 years), so fans get greedy wanting more than that.

For fans of other teams, it's not often they get rich. But boy when they do it's like the 2K Myplayer mode in terms of dream trade scenarios just the same.

Have you ever been to the Laker thread, and do you know who @Essential1 is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom