2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
normally id agree but when your star player hasn't played in a year and has only closed out one preseason game and the season starts in 6 days I think the choice was valid... guess you should keep up
I never said he shouldn't be in tonight's game, I was referring to the game when Rose tore his knee up.

About? Not sure how you gathered that from the fact that they were up 12 with a minute left, yet Rose was still in. 

The tone in your post made it obvious.

How were we being sensitive? We gave you a reason for Thibs not being at fault for Rose's injury. Like I said, it was a freak injury. Are we not allowed to give rebuttals without being labeled sensitive? We understand Thibs has a hard on for riding players too hard at times but I don't see anything wrong with him being kept in. People can tear their ACLs doing anything.

In denial would have been a better choice. Don't play that "you can tear your ACL doing anything" game. If he was out of the game like he should have been, it wouldn't have happened. If he tore his knee up walking to the team bus then yeah, ****** luck.

kdstepback.gif

fishermurphy.gif

It might be a blessing in disguise that Rose tore his ACL anyway. Rose's 3 PT shot has been looking good all preseason. It'll be all worth it if Rose takes his game to the next level like it's looking.

Oden ALMOST came back before Rose :lol:

In other news, Tayshaun Prince is almost a skeleton...

"Grizzlies forward Tayshaun Prince acknowledges that he’s feeling quite stale and weak. He’s lost between 12 and 15 pounds due to a debilitating stomach ailment. The veteran experienced abdominal pains and couldn’t eat for most of the past week.
The undisclosed condition had Prince unable to attend practices, let alone any preseason games. Even now, Prince still isn’t working at full speed.
“It’s a big setback but I’ll take it day by day,” Prince said. “I’ll try to do more and more each day.”
His routine recently has been nothing more than light jogging on a treadmill. Prince, 33, acknowledged that he’s experienced a similar illness in the past and that this will soon pass."

damn, i forgot about Prince... and hes 33!?!?!?!? what :x

In denial would have been a better choice. Don't play that "you can tear your ACL doing anything" game. If he was out of the game like he should have been, it wouldn't have happened. If he tore his knee up walking to the team bus then yeah, ****** luck.

How are you sure it wouldn't have happened?

The coach was just giving him regular season mins to get him ready for something hes going to have to do 4x a week for 6+ months after being off for 18 months, relax

How are you sure it wouldn't have happened?
Odds? If it happened the next game in the 1st quarter, so be it. Game was in hand against a trash team. No reason for him to be out there. Thibbs shouldn't be crucified for it or anything, but you take your starters out when you're in that exact situation. If you don't agree, cool, you just take a pretty unnecessary risk.

Anyone out there actually take Westbrook over Rose? I see them being compared a lot, IMO it's not even a question. Rose's ability to pace himself and to change speeds gives him the clear edge. Westbrook definitely improved last season in his decision making but those Bad Russ moments are a mystery. When he goes in a straight line 100 MPH or forces shots for no apparent reason, it's just smh worthy.

I never said he shouldn't be in tonight's game, I was referring to the game when Rose tore his knee up.
you didnt hear what they said he was in cause it was the playoffs, they were the one seed and they were establishing dominance against the 76ers
roll.gif

Anyone out there actually take Westbrook over Rose? I see them being compared a lot, IMO it's not even a question. Rose's ability to pace himself and to change speeds gives him the clear edge. Westbrook definitely improved last season in his decision making but those Bad Russ moments are a mystery. When he goes in a straight line 100 MPH or forces shots for no apparent reason, it's just smh worthy.

Dont just look at one side of the ball, russ is a more intense defender, i'll deal with the out of controll plays when i know my pg is gonna lock up consistently, also russ mid range pull up> >> rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom