2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

viewing_andrew_bynums_new_hairstyle_makes_me_want_to_play_mario_kart-12288.gif
godamn this mario cart was legendary 
double dash will always be the GOAT for me 
smokin.gif

I hate when people bring up rings in every basketball discussion, as if they are relevant to everything.
yeah, as one of the biggest supporters of the "rings are important" argument, rings have nothing to do with that game winning 3 stat
it bothers me when people bring up the rings as if to say "HA you can't top that. I win this argument. Try again" 

Like once rings are brought into the convo, there can be no more discussion as if rings are the end all, be all.

As I mentioned earlier, quirky stats like that are more for highlighting the understated players, not so much to bring down the status of legends/ring bearers.

Last edited:

I hate when people bring up rings in every basketball discussion, as if they are relevant to everything.
yeah, as one of the biggest supporters of the "rings are important" argument, rings have nothing to do with that game winning 3 stat
it bothers me when people bring up the rings as if to say "HA you can't top that. I win this argument. Try again" 

Like once rings are brought into the convo, there can be no more discussion as if rings are the end all, be all.

As I mentioned earlier, quirky stats like that are more for highlighting the understated players, not so much to bring down the status of legends/ring bearers.

it seems like dirk has disappeared of the face of the earth from a media standpoint since he won the title a few years ago :\

he's having a great year though, one of my favorite players to watch :pimp:

The lockout happening a few weeks after that title definitely didn't help. Plus, Dallas broke up that team immediately, so there wasn't any intrigue the following season (a lockout-shortened season, at that). Combine all that with Dirk breaking down because of international b-ball commitments, and Dallas just kind of went away. Good to see him rejuvenated though. He's ballin' right now, and nobody is noticing.

I have to give the best PF crown in the league to Blake right now.

Can't vibe with A PF who can't shoot 50% from the field and shoot's 6 three's a game (Love)

I also can't vibe with my PF shooting long contested 2's every play and always shooting contested fadeaway jumpers over his right shoulder (LMA).

Neither of them are Dirk Nowitski with it and I'm against heavy jumpshooting bigs anyway.

I feel like, the way Love plays, and especially the way LMA plays, in the long run won't amount to any playoff success. That's not winning basketball. I think Blake, as long as he stays healthy will be an awesome first option for the clippers in the playoffs, because of the quality of shots that he gets.

I have to give the best PF crown in the league to Blake right now.

Can't vibe with A PF who can't shoot 50% from the field and shoot's 6 three's a game (Love)

I also can't vibe with my PF shooting long contested 2's every play and always shooting contested fadeaway jumpers over his right shoulder (LMA).

Neither of them are Dirk Nowitski with it and I'm against heavy jumpshooting bigs anyway.

I feel like, the way Love plays, and especially the way LMA plays, in the long run won't amount to any playoff success. That's not winning basketball. I think Blake, as long as he stays healthy will be an awesome first option for the clippers in the playoffs, because of the quality of shots that he gets.
blake also has the best PG in the league to get him a lot of those quality looks though

blake also has the best PG in the league to get him a lot of those quality looks though

True, but even without Paul I would trust Blake more than LMA or K Love. Even without Paul he wouldn't be prancing around the 3 point line or shooting long contested 2's.

Also, and this is just via me eyeballing it, but Blake has scored a plethora of his shots off of iso's on the block or just flat out iso's in/around the post area. He isn't being assisted on nearly as many shots as in years prior.

True, but even without Paul I would trust Blake more than LMA or K Love. Even without Paul he wouldn't be prancing around the 3 point line or shooting long contested 2's.

Also, and this is just via me eyeballing it, but Blake has scored a plethora of his shots off of iso's on the block or just flat out iso's in/around the post area. He isn't being assisted on nearly as many shots as in years prior.
i would say love takes the high amount of 3s because pek needs space in the paint to do work and without love they dont have any floor spacing since brewer is average at best and rubio cant shoot at all. if placed in the clippers offense i can see love getting a lot more post touches.

i know lamarcus' post stats are up there with the other two guys but from watching him play it seems like he doesnt have the weight or strength to back defenders up which is why he takes so many mid range fade aways.

as of right now lamarcus' shot is money (panties?) so i would put him above blake but i do agree that in the long run blake's post production will be more reliable than lamarcus shooting jumpers but when at the top of his game lamarcus is pretty much unstoppable.

i think love's post game (numbers/shooting % wise, not talking about how smooth the post moves look) is on par with blake but his shooting and rebounding gives him an edge. 

post numbers per synergy:

35% of all dirk's possessions are post up opportunities. he is shooting 50% from the post
26% of the possessions that blake griffin has the ball, he posts up. he shooting 50% when posting up
40% of LMA's possessions are post opportunities. he is shooting 41% in the post
24% of kevin love's possessions are post opportunities. he is shooting 41%

35% of all dirk's possessions are post up opportunities. he is shooting 50% from the post
26% of the possessions that blake griffin has the ball, he posts up. he shooting 50% when posting up
is a post up opportunity defined as an iso play that is <10 ft from the basket?

is a post up opportunity defined as an iso play that is

is a post up opportunity defined as an iso play that is <10 ft from the basket?
it doesn't matter where they catch.
so just back to the basket then?

LMA catching the ball, trying to back his defender up then settling for a 16 foot fadeaway isnt what most people consider a post up

but thats also the same thing dirk does and he's shooting 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom