2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, this trade wouldnt be judged strictly on the time Paul was out though. So why would you assume that the Clips would become an ISO team with Melo when Paul gets back?

I wouldn't. But ISO ball in the West for 5 weeks will be enough to land them out of the playoffs. And considering the West has LMA, Love, Duncan, Ibaka, etc. playing PF, to say there would be no defensive drop off from Blake to Melo is kind of crazy.

As seen in the Olympics Melo is 10000x more efficient and deadlier as a anything but the #1. Cp3 will make it happen.
Can't use the Olympics that directly for a comparison considering the team was made up of that much talent.

I don't doubt CP3 at all but I'd take my chances with Griffin.. not saying Griffin is the greatest big man in the game but you're not going to get far with Jordan being your best big man.

Doc wouldnt put Melo at the 4 anyway. How did Rondo make PP and KG work? Two ball dominant guys.

Cp3 can make a team of JR, Rudy, and Zbo succeed.

without the everyone hates blake and wants to drop 40 on him factor melo might do okay guarding the west PFs

Doc wouldnt put Melo at the 4 anyway. How did Rondo make PP and KG work? Two ball dominant guys.

Cp3 can make a team of JR, Rudy, and Zbo succeed.
KG was not ball dominant at that stage of his career. PP also has always been a better creator than Carmelo, in terms of setting the table for his teammates. Not a good comparison.

Fair enough.

But IMO, clippers are a bigger threat in the playoffs with Melo. Though Melo's playoff #s wont back my statement :lol: , he's a much bigger threat offensively.

Cp3 would finally have somebody that can put up 25+ a night & could rely on in crunch time
I don't think CP3 needs that though, he doesn't need a guy who can score 25 and Paul himself is great in the clutch. This season when Reddick returns he'll actually have guys who can spread the floor for him to work in the clutch. Why does Paul need a guy like Anthony more than a guy like Griffin?

I don't think CP3 needs that though, he doesn't need a guy who can score 25 and Paul himself is great in the clutch. This season when Reddick returns he'll actually have guys who can spread the floor for him to work in the clutch. Why does Paul need a guy like Anthony more than a guy like Griffin?

Thats exactly what CP3 needs though. Its the exact reason he never gets far in the playoffs.

Cp3 is passive in the clutch most of the time

Thats exactly what CP3 needs though. Its the exact reason he never gets far in the playoffs.
Year by year it's actually been various reasons, off the top of my head it's been injuries (David West and Blake Griffin/Caron Butler), other teams just wanting it more and being way more physical (Grizzlies last year) or the other team just simply being superior (Spurs eliminated CP3 twice). Don't think Melo would have taken them further. Just my .02

I'd take my chances with Blake developing his back to the basket game, because that would be more valuable than Melo's skill set in the playoffs, IMO. Griffin is slowly coming around but he still isn't there yet. I see hope though, he's shown some things so far.

Last edited:
lakers need to keep signing random pgs and having them cook under dantoni, then trade them for draft picks, then trade those draft picks for role players, then the role players for star players, then star players for lebron. kind of like dwight did in that one episode of that show @rck3sactown  shouldnt be making jokes about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom