2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he was just involved in the trade that sent Gortat to the Wizards, who then just cut everyone else involved. Cost cutting move for Phx because 80% of Okafor's contract is going to be picked up by insurance since he hasn't played but a handful of games since leaving UConn

Last edited:
Dallas has to be the least talked about of any of the current West playoff teams. I feel like I never even see highlights of Mavs games.

They have been playing .500 basketball in the month of January and probably about to fall out of the playoffs very soon. Memphis only a 1/2 game back from them now.

Speaking of which, what will Cuban do if Dallas misses the playoffs again this year? What will Dirk do?

After actually watching a cleveland game, I aint eem mad at yolo. Who wants to play on their last leg for that franchise and have hot sauce as your pg. Good coaching and locker room dudes like d west can get him back on his ****. Or he can be a mole for Riley to **** up the chemistry

:rofl:, I'm definitely referring to Kyrie Irving as Hotsauce for the rest of his career :rofl:

They have been playing .500 basketball in the month of January and probably about to fall out of the playoffs very soon. Memphis only a 1/2 game back from them now.

Speaking of which, what will Cuban do if Dallas misses the playoffs again this year? What will Dirk do?
Fall out of the playoffs? It's a possibility but I wouldn't bet on it. The Grizzlies just lost Conley for a long time and the Nuggets just lost Robinson for the year. If anyone will fall off I'd say maybe the Suns. Wolves just haven't hit me with the "we're a playoff team" quite yet.

Last edited:
Dallas has to be the least talked about of any of the current West playoff teams. I feel like I never even see highlights of Mavs games.
I really wish they were contending for Dirk's sake. I hate seeing him play out the last few years of his career on a treadmill squad when he still has "it" man :smh: :frown:

Last edited:
I honestly can't see Bynum being motivated to play in Indiana, can see this backfiring and him disrupting the Pacers great team chemistry

A few weeks without Conley is going to be a disaster. :x More so than even losing Gasol.

Last edited:
A few weeks without Conley is going to be a disaster.
sick.gif
More so than even losing Gasol.
From the sounds of it, it may be more than a few weeks

A few weeks without Conley is going to be a disaster. :x More so than even losing Gasol.

Yeah, they got away with a Lee/Miller backcourt last night after Conley went out, but I can't see that working consistently, nor does Nick Calathes seem like fill-in starter material.

Man Miami still gonna win.....

and whos the say somebody wont beat the Pacers before they can even reach miami? I HOPE they play the wizards. They got no answer for Wall

Report: Pistons would trade Josh Smith if they could

The Josh Smith experiment in Detroit is not going well, and there’s strong opinion around the league that the Pistons would trade him if they could — and “could” is the key word. Since Smith is in the first year of a four-year, $56 million deal, he is one of the most untradable players in the league.

That would also jive with the Pistons’ reported plan to keep Greg Monroe.

Much earlier in his tenure, Dumars’ biggest strength was his ability to admit and fix mistakes.

He whiffed on the Mateen Cleaves pick, but sent the former Michigan State point guard to the Kings after just one year for Jon Barry (a strong backup during the Pistons’ resurgance) and a first-round pick that became Carlos Delfino.

The next year, Dumars drafted Rodney White, another bust. Again, he traded White after just one year to the Nuggets for a do-over first-rounder – which was eventually part of the Rasheed Wallace trade and, coincidentally, used to select Smith.

When Ben Wallace left Detroit, Dumars gave Nazr Mohammed a long contract to replace him. But after just a season-and-a-half with the Pistons, Mohammed was sent to Charlotte for spare parts.

Would Dumars repeat that productive, though self-deprecating. approach here? Would he admit his mistake and dump Smith for simply a shorter contract?

Perhaps the better question: Can he?

Link

cropped_JoshSmithAirBall.gif

Last edited:
After actually watching a cleveland game, I aint eem mad at yolo. Who wants to play on their last leg for that franchise and have hot sauce as your pg. Good coaching and locker room dudes like d west can get him back on his ****. Or he can be a mole for Riley to **** up the chemistry
laugh.gif

Tmac gon be the only dude on the diamond wit parachute pants on

Man Miami still gonna win.....

and whos the say somebody wont beat the Pacers before they can even reach miami? I HOPE they play the wizards. They got no answer for Wall
Make him shoot, plain and simple easy win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom