2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

put this heat team without lebron in that WC and they are also at best a 6th seed

shaq and 4 traffic cones could be a 3 seed in the east this year

the difference between the lakers lineup and the heat team is that the heat's two best players lebron and wade do the same exact things on the court. if lebron is taking over it means that wade is taking a backseat and vice versa, they are hard to stop because there is always one hall of famer attacking the defense. kobe and shaq  play very different possitions and complimented eachother perfectly, kobe playing out of his mind didnt effect the way shaq  played because they dominated different areas on the basketball court. 

combine that with guys like dfish, horry and fox (better than any non big 3 player on miami) and you have one of the most dominant teams of all time. its arguable that the heat without lebron could be just as good as the lakers without shaq but what puts the lakers squad over the current heat is that they complimented shaq perfectly
It was the offense system

That Triangle offense is incredible.
yup, by far the greatest offense in nba history. its a shame only one coach used it

there's a reason shaq/jordan/kobe never won anything till they played for phil

LA Clippers News ‏@ClippersAllNews · 55s
Clippers sign Vujacic - ESPN (blog): FanSidedClippers sign VujacicESPN (blog)Vujacic was drafted by the Los An... http://adf.ly/d1lLC

My first reaction to this -- why? (Partly because I think we're fine on the wing positions and party because Sasha has always annoyed me as a player).

LA Clippers News ‏@ClippersAllNews · 55s
Clippers sign Vujacic - ESPN (blog): FanSidedClippers sign VujacicESPN (blog)Vujacic was drafted by the Los An... http://adf.ly/d1lLC

My first reaction to this -- why? (Partly because I think we're fine on the wing positions and party because Sasha has always annoyed me as a player).
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

treat him well LAC

guessing you guys will be signing wally szczerbiak next

:lol: son really said d wades decline is because hes deferring to lebron :smh:

So D-Wade just isn't good anymore... he isn't an all star player? OMG D-WADE dropped from top 5 to top 20 lets all :frown: for Lebron he doesn't have enough talent.

People are acting as if Wade is playing horrible ball when in reality he's still averaging 20'5 & 5 and hasn't been assertive on offense most of the year. Lebron is a great player but stop trying to diminish the help that he has in order to make him look better. The Heat team is STACKED & even w/o Lebron they are a good playoff team, Lebron being there is what takes them from a good team to a dominating team, but i'm not gonna sit here and let people claim that he's carryting this team as if he has to have 35+ a night to even be in the Game.

What Lebron did in Cleveland was carrying, A.I 76'ers Carrying, Kobe 05-07 Carrying, Wade After shaq, Carrying, KG in minny etc etc....

you put an old washed up 6'3 white international player in the machine and you get a old washed up 7ft white international player in return a year and a half later

grats on the SB victory btw :smokin

man **** the seahawks! :smh:

:pimp: :pimp: let it flow

Btw, the masterminds Jerry and Phil aren't there anymore, so there's nothing to really fret about. Jenny and Jim are Dixie Carter and Eric Bischoff, Lakers are TNA, have fun with....nothing at all :lol:

W/o lebron the heat are a 2nd round exit, d wade can barely be a consistent #2 option so him as a #1 option is even worse, the heat are a good team but they arent "STACKED"

other than the strain it would put on his body, wade is way more effective as a first option than he is as a second option. hes just on a team with an even better first option so he has no choice but to be the second option

why do people always claim A.I. is only 5'10 or 5'11? he is definitely a legit 6'0+
I'm a legit 6'3 and I saw AI at a local shoe store when he first came to the pistons. Dude was about 2 inches shorter than me. We had a lil 45 second convo and dude was right next to me, with shoes on he's not no damn 5'nothing

Last edited:
other than the strain it would put on his body, wade is way more effective as a first option than he is as a second option. hes just on a team with an even better first option so he has no choice but to be the second option

Stop it this isnt 3-4 yrs ago

Stop it this isnt 3-4 yrs ago
even this year wade has played his best when lebron sat out. guys like lebron/wade/kobe are not made to be 2nd options and when they are you will see diminishing returns

W/o lebron the heat are a 2nd round exit, d wade can barely be a consistent #2 option so him as a #1 option is even worse, the heat are a good team but they arent "STACKED"

:lol: If you can take away one of the top two players on the planet and your team is still a legitimate second round team... Then yes your team is STACKED. That means that Lebron can play sub par by his standards and have a chance to still win the game. when you can go into a deciding game and the 5th or 6th option on your team can break a record for threes and give you 20+ your not on a team with an average supporting cast.

This sin't a Knock Kobe had a good cast, Mike had a GREAT cast, Magic had a GREAT cast, Bird had a GREAT cast etc etc... but when i'm hearing people say Lebron needs more help i can't help but to call the ********.

While I don't think Lebron has an average team, the team is not as strong was it was in 2011. You can make an argument that Westbrook and Ibaka is just as good, if not better than Wade and Bosh. I don't see why that's such a sin. Actually, Westbrook is definitely better than Wade at this point and one can argue that Ibaka is close to Bosh in terms of the impact he has on the game.

Then, you start getting into the details of the roster. Chalmers, Cole, Allen, Birdman, Haslem, Battier, Beasley vs. Jackson, Lamb, Collison, Thabo, Perkins, Adams, PJ3. You can argue that OKC's 4th best player (Jackson) is better than anybody else the Heat have outside of the big 3.

When comparing the Heat to the Laker's supporting cast with Kobe/Shaq, I think its no contest. Miami is definitely better. You are pretty much looking at a Lebron/Cleveland scenario with Kobe and the role players LAL had.

OKC's defense isn't as strong as Miami's though.
Actually it is, top 5 in all defensive categories and were leading the NBA in rebounds a little over a week ago, not sure if that is still the case.

Yeah, OKC has had a top 5 defense the past 2 years.

I don't think people realize Miami's defense is currently 14th in the league, it's barely better than league average. This is what Zach Lowe was talking about, due to their age, injuries, and fatigue from 3 straight trips to the Finals they haven't been able to play their aggressive style of defense that made them successful.

Wall and Durant both share the same trainer, Rob McClanaghan, and worked out together a few times last summer in Los Angeles. Wall didn't deny that has already started planting seeds about Durant playing in Washington.

"I throw a little slick shots here and there," Wall said on Friday with a laugh. "Try something."

Link

:pimp:

As BF said...

Again: Probably means nothing, we're several years off, and it's a major longshot that Durant would actually consider D.C. But the Wizards currently have the cap space, and they'd be foolish to do too much to jeopardize that if there's even a one-percent chance Durant leaves OKC.

Lol @ Jordan having a GREAT supporting cast, yet Kobe's was simply GOOD while having a guy named Shaq on the team.

Lol @ Bron not having an OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD supporting cast.....get real.

If Durant was to leave OKC, I could see him wanting to sign with the Wizards. He's always come off as that type of guy. He's a homer. So come on home to DC KD.

We haven't let anyone reach free agency without preemptively trading them if they don't extend early, don't know why anybody thinks Presti would decide to finally start risking it with KD. Even Maynor we flipped early to get something (a small TPE) out of him, got a TPE from Kevin Martin, traded James early since he wouldn't sign, etc. If it comes to KD not wanting to extend the previous summer before his final contract yr, Presti has to trade him for the best haul he can get.

So long as OKC remains a top competitor in the West, I have a hard time imagining Durant leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom