2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the top 3 spots are lottery. All the rest is based on record.

So if you have the worst record, the worst you'll pick is fourth. That's if you don't hit on 64.3% chance of hitting the 1st 3 picks.

Say you finish with the 5th worst record. If 1-4 goes the way it is planned (based on record but in different order) you still will pick 5th. It's highly unlikely that 6-14 will get 1-3. But at worst you pick 8th. Because even if say #8 gets the 1st pick, #11 gets the second pic. That means 1,2, 3 is pretty much mathematically guaranteed the 3rd pick. Means 5th will draft 7th.
[thread="571782"] [/thread]
This

All I know is that the one year the Kings had the worst record in the league in the Blake Griffin draft, the worst possible outcome happened and we got the 4th pick. I learned a lot about the draft that day :lol:

You can't cross out that line. It's still true. Only the top 3 picks are determined by the ping pong balls. After that it is determined by record. Like in the Kings scenario 1-3 determined by the lottery. 4th went to the worst record left (Kings), 5th went to second worst record (Wizards), and so on and so forth.

Last edited:

So if you have the worst record, the worst you'll pick is fourth. That's if you don't hit on 64.3% chance of hitting the 1st 3 picks.

Say you finish with the 5th worst record. If 1-4 goes the way it is planned (based on record but in different order) you still will pick 5th. It's highly unlikely that 6-14 will get 1-3. But at worst you pick 8th. Because even if say #8 gets the 1st pick, #11 gets the second pic. That means 1,2, 3 is pretty much mathematically guaranteed the 3rd pick. Means 5th will draft 7th.
This

All I know is that the one year the Kings had the worst record in the league in the Blake Griffin draft, the worst possible outcome happened and we got the 4th pick. I learned a lot about the draft that day 
laugh.gif
you guys were 25 times more likely to get blake than the clippers were and looking back at it you would take those odds every time, the kings were just really really unlucky 
laugh.gif

every team is less likely to get the first pick than the field is but some teams have a way higher chance at getting a first pick than any other individual team and that comes from tanking (or just sucking)

[thread="571782"]2013 2014 Nba Season Thread David Stern Stepping Down As Commissioner After 30 Years/49060_20#post_19738735​[/thread]
This

All I know is that the one year the Kings had the worst record in the league in the Blake Griffin draft, the worst possible outcome happened and we got the 4th pick. I learned a lot about the draft that day 
laugh.gif
You can't cross out that line. It's still true. Only the top 3 picks are determined by the ping pong balls. After that it is determined by record. Like in the Kings scenario 1-3 determined by the lottery. 4th went to the worst record left (Kings), 5th went to second worst record (Wizards), and so on and so forth.
I just crossed it out cuz its sort of confusing, but I get what you're saying.

My apologies for crossing it out

Pierre Jackson dropped 58 points? Dogggg why is he still in the dleague? Hes having arguably the greatest season ever in that league. Water the pelicans dewing

Augustin was pretty steady and solid when he first came into the league. However, somewhere down the line, he lost his confidence for the last few years he's been out here playing like a scared *****. It's like he forgot that he's actually a solid PG. I honestly think that the fact that the Raptors thing went horrible for him, and him being out of the league for that short period of time opened his eyes. Like, he was 'that' close to being out of the league. Plus, with the Bulls so thin at PG, he has nobody to worry about taking time from him so he can play free, at ease, the way he knows how to play.
Must be da shoes. I hate dude face though. Klay Thompson is annoying looking too.

Last edited:
Pierre Jackson dropped 58 points? Dogggg why is he still in the dleague? Hes having arguably the greatest season ever in that league. Water the pelicans dewing
Pelicans have enough "point guards" so they're holding onto Pierre Jackson's rights without signing him. If they sign him, time starts ticking sooner than it has to.

They have been playing that Roberts scrub at PG with Holiday hurt. they should have been giving Pierre Jackson a chance during this time

Is it true Paul George got a Miami stripper pregnant while dating Doc Rivers' daughter? Maybe imsofly was onto something

That's Gordon Hayward and they don't deserve to be mentioned i the same breathe unless you're saying Paul George is significantly better than... Anyways he offered the scripper 1 million to get the pregnancy terminated. She refused. He just signed a max contract, she'll get more than that in CHSUP per year. Allegedly anyways

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom