2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we truly say flopping today is occurring overwhelmingly more than in the past, or is it because of technology advances do we just now notice it more? We have constant replays, different camera angles, clear zoomed in GIFs and not to mention high definition television at our disposal now compared to the grainy footage we had back in the 90s.

^^^I think it's both more prevalent in the game and, because of technology advances, is more focused on too.

I think flopping just occurs at a rapid rate today, combined with everyone being able to see it more through technology, making it continuously on everyone's radar. We're basically bracing ourselves to see who does it. It did happen 10-15 years ago (and more), but there may have been like 3-4 guys doing it in the entire league. Now it's 3-4 guys per team. Just look at every depth chart in the league, you'll be able to point out multiple people per team :lol:

Worst Dunk Contest ever
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What about the 3s though
nerd.gif

Don't play dumb.
It should really be Danny Green and Marco, Steph and Klay, and Kyle Korver.

The three point contest needs to be last on Saturday, its the best event.

its only a matter of time. the kid can play, just have to adjust. people think every first pick will come in and just do damage thats unreal thinking.

his shot looks good, hes wide, and active he will be already.
Define "the kid can play". What do you think that will amount to.. There was no doubt he'd at least start to produce a bit but his future looks to be limited. And yeah for a #1 pick you want to see at least a little something, but he's been an abomination for any rookie drafted at any selection

If Shaq played his prime in the flopping era, he would have fouled out in 80% of games on offensive fouls.

regardless of flopping or not, he'd still foul out of 90% of games. refs don't let big men throw their weight around anymore.

example: last night dwight posts up channing frye, backs him down once, frye clearly is strong enough to take the contact, backs him down once more, frye is still there hanging strong, backs him down the third time, frye gets hit by a sawed off shotgun in close quarters. offense foul on dwight howard.

you also see this with small guards that get switched onto big men. if a guard switches, he shouldn't be rewarded for being too small to guard the post. either man up, foul, or get beat for a bucket. mouse in the house was supposed to be a problem for the defense, not the offense,

McLemore is going to turn up :pimp:

That boy has springs, I remember him taking off at damn near the FT line on a fast break effortlessly this season.

Ross my pick, repeat :pimp:

PG24 might get it on popularity though, not saying he can't turn up either though

Just have to say, it's amazing that we've got to a point where what LeBron did last night isn't even that big of a thing. He guarded every single player on the team last night. Just silly. Nobody can do what he ever has, best all around player ever.

Just have to say, it's amazing that we've got to a point where what LeBron did last night isn't even that big of a thing. He guarded every single player on the team last night. Just silly. Nobody can do what he ever has, best all around player ever.
lebron guarding every position is the most overrated thing ever

between deandre who only catches lobs and blake who was pretty much unstoppable, its not like him guarding 1-5 was game changing

his passing on the otherhand...

Jesus, the overreaction to his game is amazing

belinelli is shooting 3s at 44%, so i get that..

but why danny green?
Homerism, has the record for threes made in the finals, homerism.
Worst Dunk Contest ever
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What about the 3s though
nerd.gif

Don't play dumb.
It should really be Danny Green and Marco, Steph and Klay, and Kyle Korver.

you dont believe in repeats?
True, he should go back.

am i the only one who would be interested in watching a 3 point contest of

larry bird
reggie miller
peja
brent barry
antoine walker

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

not as the main event of course, but like, a secondary 3 point contest

Define "the kid can play". What do you think that will amount to.. There was no doubt he'd at least start to produce a bit but his future looks to be limited. And yeah for a #1 pick you want to see at least a little something, but he's been an abomination for any rookie drafted at any selection

the kid is midway through his rookie year hes def not the worst player in this draft. if the draft was done over, he is still a top 15 talent. ive seen the kid play a couple games. the talent is there, but the game just has to slow down for him and it will. its all metal to him at this point and the situation he is in isnt helping. he will come around, i really believe that. talent wise...hes 10x better then TT.

the kid is midway through his rookie year hes def not the worst player in this draft. if the draft was done over, he is still a top 15 talent. ive seen the kid play a couple games. the talent is there, but the game just has to slow down for him and it will. its all metal to him at this point and the situation he is in isnt helping. he will come around, i really believe that. talent wise...hes 10x better then TT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom