2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, LBJ shut down KD, and KD doesn't play DEFENSE.  KD can't post, he panics and forces his JUMPSHOT.  Most won't agree and most would laugh at LBJ deferring to KD's meaningless dunks while being up by 9+.  LBJ has grown.  As much as I hate LBJ, he is really flourishing.

ON defense, OKC looks lost and stupid.  Plenty of 1 on 1 playing and it's obvious.  KD chases individual accolades because he's soft by nature, and I'm glad BARKLEY brought this up.  KD ain't a rookie no more, and his rookie BACKPACK image has to stop.  The same w/ RUSSELL, what a bunch of clowns trying to act like OKC has what it takes.  They need MATURITY!  60+ points are meaningless if you can't win.  It's obvious that when LBJ matches KD on the 1 on 1 after the screens, KD resorts to the REFS bailing him out or just jacking a shot.  

Where's KD's post game?  KD ought to learn from KOBE and LBJ (when KIDD ruined LBJ).  As much blind bias as it seems evident, KD just ain't evolving himself.  So yeah, KD, D.ROSE keep trying to believe you can 'out speed' LBJ with 9,000 invisible crossovers. KD, keep trying to think you can score as if the scoring title means a damn thing.  CALL ALLEN IVERSON.

EDIT: Allen IVERSON ain't locking down no body.  The same w/ KD.  He needs to bulk up or something, cuz he's definitely not a lock-down defensive guy.  Relying on SHEFALOSHA?  Same scrutiny goes to D-ROSE, let a lone can even get his health back in check.  Most people don't realize you need to play DEFENSE to win, and LBJ has obviously shown that.

Yes, I hate LBJ, and I dislike his collusion w/ the other NBA players and I know his moves ain't win him any approvals from the great, but LBJ has definitely gotten smarter.  LBJ is the best basketball player right now.  NT has got to just put down that HEAT crap and look at 'basketball'.

People that appreciate basketball should know and appreciate LBJ, and yes as much as I hate LBJ, I and the basketball world can't deny him being the true MVP this season.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

UnfitHandyFly.gif

pimp.gif
Fisher is who he is because he did that.  He didn't give a crap, and played hard.  That's what Blake was kind of like, that's what Artest was like.  Give him some props.  Old man trying all he can to play w/ heart.  No one cares about MAYO.

Waitttt philly traded Turner for Granger? Wtf

Indy robbed us

Last edited:
Josh Smith is on pace for 285 attempted three pointers.

He's currently shooting 22% on threes.

Nobody in the history of the NBA has ever taken that many three pointers while shooting so poorly.

IMO KD isn't a defensive maven NOT because he is too skinny, but because his he doesn't have a strong core nor legs. He has plenty of length to guard guys like Lebron but can't move laterally to stay with LBJ all game. He's a gym rat but obviously doesn't spend enough time developing his core and leg strength

Houston's offense towards the game last night was frustrating to watch. So many wasted dribbles by Harden and Lin, no movement, tough shots late in the possession.

It was Woodson-esque. Same issue the Knicks suffer through but Houston actually has the personnel to get better looks.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago KD gave MIA a fit, they couldn't do nothing with him. He had a bad game last night (quiet 28pts) now he's soft, chases individual stats, he's not growing as a player, doesn't play D, no post game, etc .. talk about EXTREMIST :smh: ... MIA won last night because the BIG 3 SHOWED UP. Yes, LeBron had a great game, but when you have Wade and Bosh ballin' like they should be, NOBODY is beating Miami.

Last edited:
Didn't even realize Durant had 28 points. That was the quietest 28 points of his career. LeBron came out in attack and Durant was in chill mode. It looked he wanted Westbrook to get going, forget that you been in a zone this year. Keep doing what you doing and let Westbrook figure it out. You're the best scorer in the league, you can't be concerned with getting Westbrook going. He's supposed to be the PG. It's his job to make sure you get your shots. Not the other way around.

fisher is a ****** for that. hated him ever since he did basically the same dirty **** to scola. that's not basketball.

Didn't even realize Durant had 28 points. That was the quietest 28 points of his career. LeBron came out in attack and Durant was in chill mode. It looked he wanted Westbrook to get going, forget that you been in a zone this year. Keep doing what you doing and let Westbrook figure it out. You're the best scorer in the league, you can't be concerned with getting Westbrook going. He's supposed to be the PG. It's his job to make sure you get your shots. Not the other way around.

It's their first game back together, against the defending champs and the best player in the world. KD has always and will continue to defer to Westbrook when they play together which I don't mind because it works, just not last night. That 28 points was quiet as hell though, says a lot about how great he is.

IMO KD isn't a defensive maven NOT because he is too skinny, but because his he doesn't have a strong core nor legs. He has plenty of length to guard guys like Lebron but can't move laterally to stay with LBJ all game. He's a gym rat but obviously doesn't spend enough time developing his core and leg strength

Does he not spend enough time developing it or does his body type not allow his to reach the level that you think he should reach? How are you making the assumption that not enough time is being spent? Because of lower body bulk?

They're not winning a championship with him deferring to Westbrook. I just don't see it, it'll be the same thing that happened 2 years ago in the finals. You can't be the best scorer in the league and you're worried about getting your PG shots. Play your game. The same way how LeBron stopped worrying about getting Wade going and Wade fell back some, it was better for the Heat. Durant needs to stay aggressive if he wants to win.

Last edited:
Who said he should defer to Westbrook? And what exactly do we mean by defer? We know KD is the #1 option. They HAVE to have a SHaq/Kobe system though. 1A and 1B with 1A being slightly higher on the totempole than 1B. But best believe there SHOULD be days where 1B has to be "the man."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom