2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
Rookie Trey Burke has a fractured right index finger, Jazz announce. No timetable for return.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Jazz say X-rays revealed that Jazz rookie PG Trey Burke suffered a fractured right index finger vs. LAC tonight. Will be re-evaluated Monday

Yeah Durant does close to everything TMac used to do... more efficiently
Except defense which is one half of the game. The edge goes to Tmac there.

Durant is better off ball, but Tmac was clearly better as a primary ballhandler. Depends on what you want. If I had an elite point guard, I'd want Durant. But in any other situation I'd take McGrady.

Howard looks good.. Agile and quick off his feet.. Looks happy to be looked for on offense. George looks confident and looking to create shots for Indy

rockets starting unit has looked really strong to me so far this preseason. it'll be interesting to see if we go with lin or beverly as the regular starter. lin balled out in front of the taiwan crowd though. wish we could see asik play. curious to see if a dwight/asik combo would work at the same time.

posted in the other thread

dwight's post moves look a little better. actually implementing moves hakeem taught him. saw him dropstep right and spin back to his left for the first time in my life. was shocked :lol:

the offense stalled in the third a little, but overall i've been pleased. the bench is deeper than i thought it would be.

Dwight has had moves since Orlando, he's just inconsistent. He'll impress you one possession then struggle to move his man off the block then throw up a weak hook the next possession

Rockets is a nice team. I'd put them ahead of GSW for the 4th seed.
My West playoff seeding prediction:

1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. GSW
6. Lakers
7. Denver
8. Dallas/Portland

Dwight has had moves since Orlando, he's just inconsistent. He'll impress you one possession then struggle to move his man off the block then throw up a weak hook the next possession

Working with literally the two best post players in NBA history (in terms of post moves) in McHale and Hakeem will pay off. I know they won't transform him entirely, but their presence can't hurt.

Working with literally the two best post players in NBA history (in terms of post moves) in McHale and Hakeem will pay off. I know they won't transform him entirely, but their presence can't hurt.

hes worked with some of the greatest big men in the past including hakeem before he came to houston. dwight howard is going to be dwight howard. a beast defensively and on the boards but his offensive game will always be the same . I still do not understand how people think otherwise. just doesnt have the footwork to be great offensively

Last edited:
Rockets is a nice team. I'd put them ahead of GSW for the 4th seed.
My West playoff seeding prediction:

1. Clippers
2. OKC
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. GSW
6. Lakers
7. Denver
8. Dallas/Portland

This list is all types of wrong.

Howard's always going to be somewhat limited in the post so it's the coaching staffs and his teammates jobs to put him in a system that will put him in easy positions to score. Danphonys system was just awful. Kobe's willingness to look for anyone but himself was awful. Howard struggled with his health as well.. His stats were fine but anyone who watched the lakers knew they weren't a threat and their record certainly reflected as much.

The rockets have a legit deep team.. Everyone looks happy and willing to share the ball. Their cohesion isn't there yet but I would wager it won't take long for them to gel since they look for the open man, unlike Howard's team last season where they largely ignored him and then expected him to do well in iso's. We will see how good Howard can be when the best player on the team is looking to make Howard better

Last edited:
Dwight must be the most frustrating player to play with. I hate passing it down to big men that one play they'll make a great, strong move for a bucket and then next play they'll chuck up some soft, stupid BS at the rim.

Last edited:
He isn't the type of post player you force feed and dump it in to. His years with Stan van gundy show anyone that he can be a great and impactful center without being the traditional back to the basket post player. He is in a great situation with Houston and the coaches seem to have a clue of how to use him

After watching Dwight for this long, and then with the lakers, and I was actually at the game in Manila, his problem to me has always been his hands. Sure his footwork is meh, but he can always get a decent hook off just on size. But he has stone hands, he needs a softer touch.

Also I'm still curious to see how they all play together. It might've been early but I noticed their passing, especially the interior passing, was much better when Dwight wasn't on the floor.

lin with the lil mini lebron rejection 
pimp.gif

****** wilding with that, I love PG and his immaculate hairline but T-Mac was getting 32/6/5 at 23, same age as PG is right now. George is already a better defender though and that's worth a lot.

I really don't feel like i'm wilding, I stand by what I said. I feel like this dude PG COULD be a damn good scorer. He has unlimited range, is solid off the dribble and can finish at the rim. Like I said, he just has to put it all together and become more consistent.

He could be a good scorer but he will never be T-Mac, dude was another level, that comparison ain't even fair to PG. Like I said 32/6/5, at age 23, that's not happening for George in his career and you know that

****** wilding with that, I love PG and his immaculate hairline but T-Mac was getting 32/6/5 at 23, same age as PG is right now. George is already a better defender though and that's worth a lot.

I really don't feel like i'm wilding, I stand by what I said. I feel like this dude PG COULD be a damn good scorer. He has unlimited range, is solid off the dribble and can finish at the rim. Like I said, he just has to put it all together and become more consistent.

Really....so your going to have to say PG is going to avg 30ppg because Tmac did that for a couple yrs, which means he's going to have to out score KD, Melo, Kobe and Bron as the top scorer! That's a joke! Plus I think. KD was the last one to put up those kind of numbers anyway not easy

paul george is 23. why are we acting like he can't get better?
Nobody said he can't get better. The odds of pg approaching the level of tmac however is another story. I will give pg two more years to show me because right now I don't think his chances are too great at getting there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom