2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lulz.

Dudes sounded like legit scorned girlfriends. They were certain that he'd come to them and make an impact, then when he went to Indy it was a bunch of "he sucks anyway", "he won't even play", "I'm glad we didn't get him". Fools.
These lebron stans man. :x

Gotta be one of the clowns from this thread.

Outside of imlive365 imlive365 , non Heat fans seem to have the tendency to bring up and run convos about the Heat to the ground more than actual Heat fans in this thread.

We'll revisit all of this "impact" talk when the Eastern Conference Finals come around.

This is the play:
how come you don't really hear about this?

because they are not the same play.. similar, yes.. but not the same

everything westbrook did was before lin signaled for and was granted the timeout (listen for the whistle in the video above)..

on the beverley play, westbrook signal for the timeout as soon as he crossed the halfcourt line and headed towards his bench (which was a few feet from where the attempted "steal" took place).. when beverley lunges at westbrook for the attempted "steal" he literally ends up out of bounds and does so after the whistle had already blown the play dead:

Beverly went for the ball as the whistle was being blown. It was just a freak accident.

Lin was going straight toward the ref, abd didn't get to call the timeout because Westbrook timed his better.

:lol: Where are the Heat fans who were wishfully saying "Bynum won't play, he's not gonna have any impact"

Sorry but..
ufdup.png

8 points, 10 rebounds in 15 minutes. It takes Bosh 3 games to grab 10 rebounds

I mean this dude Bynum was a top 2 center in the L at one point. Look how much space he takes up, how much attention he demands from the defense. Indiana's gonna have a skilled 7-footer on the floor for all 48 minutes, and Oden can only be out there to defend for like 8-10 minutes

Where were you when he wasn't getting any playing time? He got playing time because mahami is out with an injury. Your acting like he fought his way into the line up and took somebody's spot. Just a few days ago DOWN 30 against the rockets he still didn't get any playing time because mahami wasn't injuried.

Bynum wasn't even activated for that Pacers-Rockets game, so how could he have gotten playing time? He just got cleared to play. All the reports from Indy were that they were working him back slowly, which they did.

Bynum is notoriously lazy, and of course there's always the lurking chance that his knees explode (same with Oden).

But there's basically no pressure on him now. And he's getting a chance to play for a championship and redeem his image. If that motivates him at all, he will be a huge boost for Indiana and only at the cost of $1 mil this season

Last edited:
 Lin was going straight toward the ref, abd didn't get to call the timeout because Westbrook timed his better.
i'm not disputing whether it was a freak accident.. i'm simply distinguishing the difference in the 2 plays.. i'm not even saying westbrook isnt (or cant be) a pest at times.. or that he doesnt do unnecessary things

but the main difference between the 2 plays posted, is what you said

Last edited:
Bynum wasn't even activated for that Pacers-Rockets game, so how could he have gotten playing time? He just got cleared to play. All the reports from Indy were that they were working him back slowly, which they did.

Bynum is notoriously lazy, and of course there's always the lurking chance that his knees explode (same with Oden).

But there's basically no pressure on him now. And he's getting a chance to play for a championship and redeem his image. If that motivates him at all, he will be a huge boost for Indiana and only at the cost of $1 mil this season

So its a coincidence that as soon mahimi gets hurt bynum becomes active? He's getting minutes because of his injury. Now he might take his minutes for good but if bynums defense isn't up to par with how he wants it bynum wont see huge minutes. Vogel would rather have a body that can play defense then a offensive player against Miami.

Outside of imlive365 imlive365 , non Heat fans seem to have the tendency to bring up and run convos about the Heat to the ground more than actual Heat fans in this thread.

We'll revisit all of this "impact" talk when the Eastern Conference Finals come around.
Lol im a heat fan man

Last edited:
marcin gortat said it best, we should allow fighting in the nba. give the guys a couple minutes and if someone gets dropped the ref jumps in and it's over. both guys get ejected and fined and you move on. end all that fake tough guy bs.
whats the point of this? this isnt hockey. just play basketball man

that's the point im trying to make. guys need to stop with the nonsense like they actually want to fight. at least in football, hockey, and even baseball, you can get a few licks in on one another.

Clips 3 games back of first place.

If the clips, in the unlikely event that they overtake the spurs, is blake the mvp?

^ i'm more curious what noah would have to do (or continue to do) to be able to pull off the MVP

Last edited:

If the clips, in the unlikely event that they overtake the spurs, is blake the mvp?

There would be an argument for him in that scenario, for sure, but I just don't see him getting it no matter what.

Soo Bynum scores 8pts against the Celtics and this means he's gonna have an impact on what exactly?
He had 8pts and 10reb in 15 minutes, and he's still working himself back into playing shape.

But when Oden had one dunk people were acting like the Heat had the chip wrapped up right then :lol:

So its a coincidence that as soon mahimi gets hurt bynum becomes active? He's getting minutes because of his injury. Now he might take his minutes for good but if bynums defense isn't up to par with how he wants it bynum wont see huge minutes. Vogel would rather have a body that can play defense then a offensive player against Miami.
There's no reason for Indy to start consistently giving Bynum heavy minutes in the regular season. He's a 1-year rental for the postseason. They want to get him out there so he can get his legs under him, but they're not gonna start playing him every single game like it's do or die.

Bynum is a big body who impacts games, and can provide Indy with a low post presence and scoring off the bench. I know Heat fans are in denial but it was a good signing and you know it, at this point ya'll can just hope for his knees to blow up because if he's actually out there, he's going to impact games.

If by MVP, you mean 3rd* with the distinction of being the most valuable player in the NBA outside of Durant and LeBron, then yeah, he's got a shot.

If you mean actual MVP, of the whole league, no, stop drinking this early in the day.

Blake Griffin could never win an MVP with Chris Paul on his team. The narrative would quickly spin to "Pauls return gave them that extra push"

He had 8pts and 10reb in 15 minutes, and he's still working himself back into playing shape.

But when Oden had one dunk people were acting like the Heat had the chip wrapped up right then :lol:
There's no reason for Indy to start consistently giving Bynum heavy minutes in the regular season. He's a 1-year rental for the postseason. They want to get him out there so he can get his legs under him, but they're not gonna start playing him every single game like it's do or die.

Bynum is a big body who impacts games, and can provide Indy with a low post presence and scoring off the bench. I know Heat fans are in denial but it was a good signing and you know it, at this point ya'll can just hope for his knees to blow up because if he's actually out there, he's going to impact games.

When did i ever say it wasn't a good signing? I've never said that. You don't get it its the same thing with beasly on Miami. Miami and Indy are both defensive minded teams if bynum cannot play defense the way mahmi does and protect the rim mahmi does or play there defensive scheme how vogel wants him to he's not gonna risk it against miami. The same way beasly hasn't been getting much minutes this year because his defense is lacking. We all know he can score but if you cant play defense your not gonna play. Vogel would rather have a big man protect the rim great in a series against miami then have a big man who's gonna get you points but play below average defense.

Last edited:
You really think at your height, you can take down a listed-at-6'9 Kevin Durant, who's the leading candidate for the MVP this year?

I definitely do, just for the simple fact that I know I can hold him with my defense. I have amazing defense. My defense is better than my offense. I'm quick. I just have to get past him and I've got the shot. I'm confident. I'm confident. I go on the court and I can play against anybody.

I honestly know I will score on Durant and it'll be a problem. I know truly in my heart that's why he doesn't want to play me. I'm pretty much more ready for Kevin Durant than I've ever been. If he really loves the game, play me. If you really love basketball, Kevin Durant, play me. Kevin Durant knows I'm an American superstar, that I'm one of the most powerful and respected people in America. He plays American ball, so he knows what I do, he sees me. I more than deserve that game, that's just him being scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom