2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
dudes just wanna deny greatness thats all fam

ha I don't understand the flack tho. we see the championship team's approach to the game (run offense through your best guy and everyone take the best shot) and Durant has seemed to adopt this mindset into his game . and he's wet from the perimeter and takes what's given to him or is aggressive when he's hot. Add the crazy handle we've seen this year and the fact that he isn't the biggest, strongest guy on the court (to have him camping in/around the mid post to interior most the time) I'm thinking why the hell can't he facilitate. he gets it in all over the court but why not start outside in. defenses look way more spaced and confused with him out there. They highlighted KD willing to pass up shots to get another guy a shot on TNT tho. I know I wasn't seeing things. ha.

/
Holy ****....is that Mustafa Shakur on the Thunder bench?
Yes. Signed him to a 10 day a few days ago. Russ is on a 30 minute restriction and not playing back to backs. Mustafa was at our Tulsa affiliate a few times so we called him up, after Reggie Williams wasn't retained following his 10 day

Last edited:
ha I don't understand the flack tho. we see the championship team's approach to the game (run offense through your best guy and everyone take the best shot) and Durant has seemed to adopt this mindset into his game . and he's wet from the perimeter and takes what's given to him or is aggressive when he's hot. Add the crazy handle we've seen this year and the fact that he isn't the biggest, strongest guy on the court (to have him camping in/around the mid post to interior most the time) I'm thinking why the hell can't he facilitate. he gets it in all over the court but why not start outside in. defenses look way more spaced and confused with him out there. They highlighted KD willing to pass up shots to get another guy a shot on TNT tho. I know I wasn't seeing things. ha.
It's because LeBron's somehow set this standard in our minds that players that aren't diesel and cocky like him can't be great so people use that along with his lowkey personality to place a crutch on him. KD before even becoming a primary ball handler this season when Westbrook went out got his assists by playing his role. Starting to hit cutters on pocket passes, added that skid pass to the corner from the opposite elbow, give n go, etc. then when he becomes a primary ball handler you add the pick n pop to ibaka and you have a 5+ assist season.

When OKC made it to the finals, Harden was allowed to be primary ball handler and Westbrook played off ball. They should alternate and let KD do that from time to time as well, and I think it would diversify and add freedom to OKC's offense.

And yeah TNT generally seemed to refuse to give KD his props except Kenny because he has common sense. Now that most of the main cast is out they can kill all that noise

:lol: Blazers better be lucky it's only like 12 games left. It if were 30, they'd fall in a vortex straight out the playoffs

I mean dont get me wrong. I like the guy as a player. But sometimes you gotta just pull it back a little and be under control on Fastbreaks and some of the ill advised 3s. 

But just like now. Hes gonna keep shooting so hes gonna have a chance to redeem himself. Take the good with the bad I guess. 

KD never turns the ball over or misses shots. Brooks is also coaching a flawless game, particularly this 3 pg lineup when they have Dirk, Marion, and Wright in the game together
His +/- is -15 right now. Not sure they really need him
Barely beat the 8 seeded Rockets without him (had a 2 game headstart luckily before PatBev happened) and got smoked by the Grizzlies. Prisoner of the moment *** dudes

Last edited:

If that was bosh or chalmers they woulda got a warning
mean.gif

What I mean to say is. You take the good with the bad. You need Westbrook to win a championship, but he WILL lose you some games at the same time. It's a conundrum if I ever seen one.

EDIT: Also if you're ibaka you gotta take that to the rim man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom