2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
anything less than a ECF game 7 is a failure for that team. they are trending downward in a historically bad eastern conference.

sorry, but this is the NBA today. look what happened to lionel hollins and george karl
Well firing Lionel Hollins was a mistake.  And the Nuggets have fallen off big time since Karl left, no matter what you think of him overall.

i agree. i don't even think vogel should be fired. but i wouldn't be surprised if he was.

Yea, they can't beat the Spurs or Thunder in a playoff series

Yea, they can't beat the Spurs or Thunder in a playoff series

Why not? They haven't faced the Thunder in the playoffs, but they have been one of the most successful teams in the league against the thunder since CP has gotten there. The Spurs are the spurs.

Besides, this didn't even answer my question anyway :rolleyes

Basketball related question: Do the clippers have a real weakness right now aside from health going into the playoffs?

If healthy, I can't pinpoint what weakness they have. They are pretty good defensively (lead by DJ), have the coaching, have the star PG, Blake Griffin's ascent, Crawford and collison provide the bench scoring, Matt Barnes is proving me wrong right now, I mean...what would you say is their weakness aside from "They have to prove it in the playoffs?"

i honestly think they have a legit shot this season. i doubt their core has played 25 games together this season and they've still won 55 games.

aside from health, i don't know what stops them

Basketball related question: Do the clippers have a real weakness right now aside from health going into the playoffs?

If healthy, I can't pinpoint what weakness they have. They are pretty good defensively (lead by DJ), have the coaching, have the star PG, Blake Griffin's ascent, Crawford and collison provide the bench scoring, Matt Barnes is proving me wrong right now, I mean...what would you say is their weakness aside from "They have to prove it in the playoffs?"

Frontcourt depth?

Outside that, no, I don't see any major weaknesses in them. They stay healthy, and Doc could help get them over the hump if he can get something out of his backup bigs. Maybe even some Hedo at the 4 in stretches?

Frontcourt depth?

Outside that, no, I don't see any major weaknesses in them. They stay healthy, and Doc could help get them over the hump if he can get something out of his backup bigs. Maybe even some Hedo at the 4 in stretches?

Agreed. Frontcourt depth as been an issue all season for them however, in the playoffs since rotations are so much shorter, it shouldn't be that much of an issue for them. Hedo has actually been coming along as of late a bit and Danny granger before he got hurt again was hitting his stride as a Clipper as well. Both options for the 4 playing some small, stretch 4 lineups.

As long as they are healthy man, the Clips might do it. It's unfair to put their past failures in the playoffs on this team because this team is different. New head coach, an essentially new blake griffin, a new Deandre Jordan, the clippers are scary.

UnripeScaredAntelope.gif

Can't see it. Matchups however are huge as far as seeding, and the Warriors play the clippers well. Would pick the Clippers simply because they have homecourt.

The Warriors will be tough. If I'm being honest, I'd rather play Houston, Dallas or Portland in the first round. But I still think we'll beat GSW in a 7 game series with home court. In our two home games against them this season, we handled them well. And I can't take much from the road losses since, in the 1st one, Blake got tossed on a BS call and the second one was on the second night of back-to-backs right after we got back from the Grammy trip. Team was completely out of gas that night (and I don't think CP played).

As far as weaknesses go, I agree with front court depth. Defensive rebounding also can be a problem. And, without Redick, the 3 point shooting can be streaky. But assuming both JJ and Granger are healthy for the playoffs, we should be able to get the 3 point shooting we need on a given night from someone.

Frontcourt depth?

Agreed. Frontcourt depth as been an issue all season for them however, in the playoffs since rotations are so much shorter, it shouldn't be that much of an issue for them. Hedo has actually been coming along as of late a bit and Danny granger before he got hurt again was hitting his stride as a Clipper as well. Both options for the 4 playing some small, stretch 4 lineups.

As long as they are healthy man, the Clips might do it. It's unfair to put their past failures in the playoffs on this team because this team is different. New head coach, an essentially new blake griffin, a new Deandre Jordan, the clippers are scary.
Perimeter length worries me a bit. Barnes has been alright, Redick has missed a ton of time, Crawford has missed games lately, Dudley has disappointed for the most part and Granger is questionable moving forward. But beyond that, besides Barnes and Granger the rest of the guys are kind of lthin physically and can be overwhelmed through brute strength and athleticism. The Paul and Collison duo has been productive, but I'd be worried about if it can continue being successful in the playoffs.

But other than that and frontcourt depth, they're pretty much set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom