2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it's all said and done, Dwight will go down as a hall of famer

not in the league as Shaq and those other great bigs are, but honestly... Who is. Dwight was never supposed to be that.

He's right on track career wise.

the first two championship seasons with the lakers he averaged 15+ in 6 of the 8 playoff series, a bunch of them he had 17+ per game
Obviously I omitted playoffs from what I was saying. Playoffs and 82 games are not the same, you know and I know. Shaq was a monster in the playoffs we all know that.

Regardless, it's completely unfair to compare what Shaq has done to what dwight is "supposed" to be able to do.
yeah of course, shaq is a million times bigger and more skilled than dwight could ever hope to be. but to say shaq was a subpar rebounder is just false

although he did take most regular season games off

I don't even understand the Shaq comparison,

Shaq was 7-1 350 pounds. Dwights 6-10, 260? :lol:

Got danm near 100 pounds between them.

shaq mad cause dwight's personality (superman, clowning around) and became the best player to ever wear the orlando magic uniform

@ y'all calling Dwight an underachiever smh. This is a career 20 & 12 guy that's a 3x defensive player of the year, and capable of leading a team deep in the playoffs.

What y'all expect him to be?

To have those same averages on the Lakers, along with "a healthy Kobe", Westbrook, Love, Rondo, and a player from "the best draft in a decade"

yeah of course, shaq is a million times bigger and more skilled than dwight could ever hope to be. but to say shaq was a subpar rebounder is just false

Compared to the rebounding numbers that Shaq posted in the playoffs? Yes, I would say that he underachieved in that regard, especially considering he's holding Dwight to that standard.

I do think for Shaq's size and ability, he could have been a slightly better rebounder.

He was constantly in that 11-12 range. Easily could have been a 13—15 guy.

I love the Shaq played against weak era of centers arguments, like in any era being 7-1 350 pounds wouldn't have resulted in dominance. :lol:

Some men are just intimidated by other men. Shaq and Dwight sitch has this feel. You can't constantly bag on someone (true or not) and not come off as jealous. It's easy to see

Dwights averaged 18 points per game on 57% shooting, what do people want from Dwight exactly??? :lol:

They want him to have the footwork of Hakeem, play as strong as Shaq who outweighed Dwight by at least 80 pounds, shoot like Patrick, and have the defensive ability of Dikembe.

This also hits on how little the average fan values defense. What prime/healthy Dwight was doing defensively was special. Carrying those Orlando squads basically on his own on the defensive end... but since he couldn't give you a spin and baseline hook, he's overrated :lol: People will say "Yeah, he's great defensively, but..." it's an after thought or just a minor thing they add. No, defense is half the game, and when healthy he's awesome at it. But he's never been a bum on the offensive end, he's just not a compete offensive center that you can rely on.

Yeah, it's a fault, but get him in the pick and roll, hit him in transition, let him have a few post-ups and he'll get you points and open things up for the rest of your offense. The way people talk about him offensively, you'd think he's Ben Wallace. "But he's so big and strong, he should be averaging 30 a game".. no he shouldn't. That's just something people like to throw out without considering Dwight's abilities.

Compared to the rebounding numbers that Shaq posted in the playoffs? Yes, I would say that he underachieved in that regard, especially considering he's holding Dwight to that standard.
yeah well thats the biggest reason kobe hated him, dude was lazy as hell 
laugh.gif

no one should be taking what he says about other players seriously, he had beef with penny then left, had beef with kobe and left, had beef with dwade after leaving miami, then threw nash under the bus after leaving the suns

yeah well thats the biggest reason kobe hated him, dude was lazy as hell :lol:

no one should be taking what he says about other players seriously, he had beef with penny then left, had beef with kobe and left, had beef with dwade after leaving miami, then threw nash under the bus after leaving the suns

:lol: at how this is all true :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom