the midrange jumper has been a "lost art" for like 20 years

dwade midrange bank shots 
pimp.gif

rip killing teams with nothing but mid range 
pimp.gif
Ahhhh dirk?
old memories only

dirk is still playing in the nba

Is players like Josh & JR Smith, Jennings, who shoot mid range shots that make you :smh: Josh Smith should get a tech every time he shoots outside the paint.

dirk, kobe, and wade have had great success as mid range jump shooters. i know the stats say otherwise, but i wish more players mastered the mid range game.

LMA tryna bring it back, Bosh might be the best mid range shooter in the league.

Curry shoots it well too but he shoots it well from anywhere on the court.

very few 4s can hit a midrange j. either they want to extend their range to the 3 line or cant score except inside.

david west is pretty solid
ibaka is improving
mo speights is money

Nah man this dude who balled with me often had a phase where he would only shoot contested shots and fall to the floor after and yell out KOBE SHOT! His favourite player was and is Kobe and he did that for a solid two years.

Mid range shot discussion: Rip Hamilton and Steve Nash, well Steve Nash for every shot period.

Last edited:
Blake takes the slowest, most deliberate jump shot I've ever seen.

He's like a pitcher at the mound. :lol:

But yea he's been knocking it down, like Game 2 where he hit pretty much everything.

I think LMA shot the most midrange shots in the NBA. He should learn how to shoot 3s though. Not to say he needs to take tons of them but similar to Ibaka (38.3% from 3 this season again on limited volume), it's a nice weapon for end of quarter/clock situations and spaces the paint out. Shotcharts from the 13/14 regular season. I included Bosh and Ibaka as well because they are also prolific at it, not just as big men, but period.

Here's Ibaka
Bosh

Aldridge who took 799 such shots, more than some entire teams

:x @ Bosh percentages from mid range, dude is filthy.

He need to be taking as many shots as possible over there in that right corner.

LMA definitely should add a 3 pointer to his game, Ibaka is doing that at 24 so imagine where it will be when he's 27. I bet Bosh wish he added it earlier too.!

If the Unibrow gets a consistent mid range shot its over forever

Oh it's coming, Brow have it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom