2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a serious question. (Not trying to be a **** towards LA or the Clippers franchise)

Should LA really have 2 teams? Wouldn't it be better for the league to have a team in Seattle or Vancouver or something?

I understand LA is a huge city, but having 2 of 30 NBA franchises in the same building just doesn't seem right
Why not? If the city is big enough to support two teams, I see no issue with there being two. Guarantee you that two viable teams in LA is more valuable to the league than if one of those teams was in Seattle or Vancouver. Better for the players two. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin wouldn't have nearly the number of endorsement deals they do if they were playing in Vancouver.
Yea i could see that part of it.  

Do you think it is something Silver will think about or do you think he will make sure whoever buys the team is keeping them in LA?

@iamdiddy · 1h
I will always be a Knicks fan, but I am a business man. #DiddyBuyTheClippers #NameYourPrice

Oh god no. Please

michael-scott-no.gif

The Devil you know. |I

Last edited:
Waiting for an owner to disagree with the ruling and people to assume hes racist

Clay Bennett

"The Oklahoma City Thunder strongly supports the decisive action taken today by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver. Ours is a league of inclusion, tolerance, and fairness. The Thunder organization will continue to work to foster the tenets of diversity and respect, and build on that standard moving forward."

You have to think there is one owner out there that disagrees :lol: . They will not publicly say it, but there has to be more than one guy that feels that way.

Why so hell bent on Seattle getting a team?

Seattle should have a team but the Clippers aren't moving there.

Yeah, but why Seattle? Why not another city?

watch sonicsgate. they got robbed blind.

in a nutshell, the sale was contingent upon the new ownership group making a real effort to keep the team in seattle. the new owners were already emailing back and forth about taking the team to OKC. as soon as they got the team, they basically made KD unavailable to the media in an attempt to sour the fans/make them lose interest. then tried to get the fans to try and fork over all the money for a new arena, then just picked up and left.

all done in bad bad faith.

This dude had that venom for the NAACP
laugh.gif
They deserve every bit.

Dude said "I'm out here in LA, I HOPE one them see me out here."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

SAS tryna hand out that fade.
Stephen was going in about NAACP...
I missed it, what was the major points he brought up?
Went in on the fact that the very people they are supposed to help were victims of his housing discrimination,

and they awarded him with a life time achievement award nonetheless.

They were about to give him another this May...

Julius F. Wrek

watch sonicsgate. they got robbed blind.

in a nutshell, the sale was contingent upon the new ownership group making a real effort to keep the team in seattle. the new owners were already emailing back and forth about taking the team to OKC. as soon as they got the team, they basically made KD unavailable to the media in an attempt to sour the fans/make them lose interest. then tried to get the fans to try and fork over all the money for a new arena, then just picked up and left.

all done in bad bad faith.

Yes. Watch the doc.

Seattle had also been huge supporters of the Sonics for decades, and obviously it's a major American sports city. They weren't able to build a new basketball arena in a year after putting up new stadiums for the Seahawks and Mariners within the last decade, and Bennett took advantage of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom