2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I had to check NBA.com to verify that Spurs/Knicks score.

Thought my eyes where playing tricks on me when I saw the score on the Knicks' broadcast. :lol:

Outside of the Pacers, the top teams in the East haven't been that impressive thus far this season.

same here lol i always knew the east was weak but damn

knicsk might as well trade melo, and go for the wiggins sweepstake
sick.gif
They don't have a draft pick.

Where we really lost was signing Amare. 1 good year in exchange for 4 absolutely terrible ones :smh:.

That 1 signing killed our flexibility for half a decade.

Last edited:
So if he's a scrub, and guys like gasol, hibbert, lopez are skilled players, why don't they shoot higher percentages? You would think with their superior offensive arsenals they'd do better than they are now.

You can get caught up in all the narratives, I'll take the numbers. With or without post moves, he scores and rebounds better than most of his peers.
Wow this dude can't be this naive lol? Like i said if you watch the game, most of Dwight points came from put back/dunks and mini hook shots that are 2 foot away from the rim. When you force him to create he turn to trash. Same with Deandre Jordan FG%. 50+% but is he a skilled player? hell no just another example of how FG% can be misleading.

Gasol, Hibbert, Lopez does more than just put back, mini hooks and easy dunk. They can stretch out and shoot 15 foots but sometimes you can't make all of them thus it can effect their overall FG%

Lol at you for believing that Dwight can scores better than guys like Gasol, Hibbert or Lopez. Go ahead and hold on to your misleading numbers. I'll enjoy watching the game and smile when i see teams continue to expose D12 lol

Indeed. The quicker he makes a decision when he gets the ball in the post, the more favorable the outcome.

Sidenote, why do you have a map of Culver City as your avy :lol:

Its actually a map of Mar Vista, which borders Culver City, and I live in Mar Vista. I'm thinking about changing the avy though; I've had that one for a while.

:lol: nice man. I went to school close to there. But yeah, it's time for a change :smile:

Anyone see Griffin score on several, legit post moves last night? Had a nice hook shot over Dwight and an up and under between Dwight and Asik. He's still got work to do, but he is improving in that aspect of his game.

He has several good moves like this every game. Even is starting to step out beyond the 3 and shoot it with confidence. People will ignore that and wait until he makes a bad move on the post to say "He's terrible, he only dunks. He only works on his commercials in the summer"

Church.

im pretty sure there amount of hate blake gets in here will be a lot less if people didnt go around giving him MVP trophies

its like everyone knows kobe is one of the greatest of all time but if i went around saying that hes better than jordan kobe would get a lot of "hate"

It's not "people". It's just that Certified dude.

This may sound silly, but I would take Griffin over ZBo except when they play each other :lol: .Blake probably will never get the opportunity to just dominate ZBo. Zbo just does not allow it.

:lol: this actually makes a lot of sense

Where we really lost was signing Amare. 1 good year in exchange for 4 absolutely terrible ones
mean.gif

See Phoenix knew that Amare was starting to get older and was bound to have a few issues which is why they let him go. New York did have the AS Amare for 1 season, however everthing after has been a set back for him and I feel bad cause hes a good dude man.

So kenji since you cannot say anything bad about the two time champion lebron anymore you moved on to dwight howard?

You're missing the point. Who cares if he only dunks, or makes 15 footers. They still count for 2 freaking points. I'm not even disputing those guys have better offensive arsenals than Dwight. I might have a better offensive arsenal than Dwight. At the end of the day, his production outweighs theirs.

Knicks been should have traded Melo and fired Woodson. When I said this (and things were seemingly going well) I was crazy. Yeah, last year was good, but let's be real, that was the Knicks' ceiling considering other factors as well. Woodson isn't a bad coach, just not the coach for this group. A blind man could have seen that from the jump. Trade Melo now before he walks for nothing, Knicks management can't make a smart move to save their life 
mean.gif

You're missing the point. Who cares if he only dunks, or makes 15 footers. They still count for 2 freaking points. I'm not even disputing those guys have better offensive arsenals than Dwight. I might have a better offensive arsenal than Dwight. At the end of the day, his production outweighs theirs.
No you're the one who missing the point dude. How many time will i have to repeat that when the defense collapse on D12 and force him to create he wouldnt be able to give you those 2 points.  You can't rely on Howard to be a low post scorer dude. He sucks. Put Marc Gasol or HIbbert on the Rockers instead of D12 and they probably be a better and  harder team to beat

Last edited:
I think the Bulls and Nets will both get better as the season progresses, but even if they do, there's still only 2 legit contenders in the East IMO - Miami and Indiana.

Where we really lost was signing Amare. 1 good year in exchange for 4 absolutely terrible ones
mean.gif

I said that contract was a mistake too, but it was an investment move-albeit an expensive mistake. They should have stuck to the $80 mil, which was his market value. Management was so desperate for a "star" they were willing to overpay. He was plan B and they severely overpaid for him. I knew from the jump it would kill their flexibility and they'd regret the move. At the time, the Knick fans I talked to didn't want to hear me, but they couldn't see down the line on this one. It was a bad move, and a makeup for whiffing on Lebron, which they had no shot at anyway.

Damn Knicks might not make it past the first round this year.
Yep, that 4th & 5th seed matchup means that one of MIA, IND, CHI, BKN, NYK will be out in round 1.

Excluding Indy, ALL of those teams are in the luxury tax too :lol:

Can't wait to see that series, whoever it is.

Last edited:
I think the Bulls and Nets will both get better as the season progresses, but even if they do, there's still only 2 legit contenders in the East IMO - Miami and Indiana.
True. I think Miami might get caught slipping this year. Idk, going to four finals in a row does take a toll on your body, but we'll see.

im pretty sure there amount of hate blake gets in here will be a lot less if people didnt go around giving him MVP trophies

its like everyone knows kobe is one of the greatest of all time but if i went around saying that hes better than jordan kobe would get a lot of "hate"
It's not "people". It's just that Certified dude.
yeah i know, i just didnt feel like calling him out. im just saying that its usually the fan that causes the hate for saying outlandish things, im sure there are a few guys here that now root for the nets to fail because of cliffordsmith, along with our whole drose civil war.

there are a handful of guys that i would take over blake but when you only have a handful of guys better than you that means that you're an above average PF and seeing that its only his 4th year there's no telling how good he will become if he works on his game

Trading Melo is not the smart move. Atleast right now its not. Season is still early and trading your best player is never the answer.

Unless we get 2 top 10 picks for him, or a top 5 pick and an all star, I am not trading Melo. Not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom