2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Knicks...

Within the Knicks coaching staff, they believe Chris Smith doesn't even have the talent to be an NBA Development League player – never mind worthy of a roster spot. One opposing GM called him "maybe the worst player in the history of the [NBA] summer league."

Perhaps that's harsh, but the Knicks need to sign a big man in the wake of Tyson Chandler's fractured leg, and Chris Smith's roster spot creates an obstacle.

In the end, the Knicks give Anthony everything he wants, including the recent hiring of his personal trainer, Idan Ravin. There is a complete disconnect between Ravin and the Knicks' coaching staff, who have little use for him, sources said.

Knicks' dysfunction turns to fantasy: N.Y. already dreaming of Kevin Love in 2015

:rofl:
Kyries trying too hard instead of letting the game come to him

correct

Last edited:
"The worst player in the history of the Summer League"

I hope he makes a team and cooks the Knicks.
indifferent.gif

He plays for the Knicks

In regards to Chris Smith (from the article)

Everyone wants to blame Creative Arts Agency for the packaging of the players, but Chris Smith, associated with a different agency two years ago, had been granted a guaranteed contract with the Knicks for the 2011-12 season. Only, Smith blew out his knee and received his $490,000 on the injured list. This was a stooge deal on New York's behalf, an embarrassment afforded a player, J.R. Smith, who doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.

I'll never know/understand why they bend over backwards for JR Smith.

I know some of us have it bad as Wizards fans....but ****, sometimes I just dont know how Knicks fans do it as well. :lol: Wizards have a looooong history of sucking, but I think the Knicks situation is one of the worst, if not, THE worst, in the NBA.

In regards to Chris Smith (from the article)
I'll never know/understand why they bend over backwards for JR Smith.

I know some of us have it bad as Wizards fans....but ****, sometimes I just dont know how Knicks fans do it as well.
laugh.gif
Wizards have a looooong history of sucking, but I think the Knicks situation is one of the worst, if not, THE worst, in the NBA.
TBH...they've sucked just as much, and with much more money to play with than the Wizards have had.

They can hang their hats on playoff births. That's about it.

They ain't been **** in the past 14 years just like we ain't been ****.

Overall they have ONE more championship in that franchise than we do and all of them was done before most of us were even alive.

Last edited:
I feel like this will be on Melo's tombstone. We hear it every year.

Its true tho, melo is just a scorer he needs a pg that can get him easy shots and set up other teammates while scoring if he needs too, until then hes gonna be "the player you cant build around"

The Knicks...

Within the Knicks coaching staff, they believe Chris Smith doesn't even have the talent to be an NBA Development League player – never mind worthy of a roster spot. One opposing GM called him "maybe the worst player in the history of the [NBA] summer league."

Perhaps that's harsh, but the Knicks need to sign a big man in the wake of Tyson Chandler's fractured leg, and Chris Smith's roster spot creates an obstacle.

In the end, the Knicks give Anthony everything he wants, including the recent hiring of his personal trainer, Idan Ravin. There is a complete disconnect between Ravin and the Knicks' coaching staff, who have little use for him, sources said.

Knicks' dysfunction turns to fantasy: N.Y. already dreaming of Kevin Love in 2015

Knicks will forever be pathetic.

They should just sell the team to the Seattle group.

TBH...they've sucked just as much, and with much more money to play with than the Wizards have had.

They can hang their hats on playoff births. That's about it.

They ain't been **** in the past 14 years just like we ain't been ****.

Overall they have ONE more championship in that franchise than we do and all of them was done before most of us were even alive.

Good points. Puts things in perspective when you can say Ernie Grunfeld has shown more competence as a GM than what the Knicks are rolling with. :lol:

Its true tho, melo is just a scorer he needs a pg that can get him easy shots and set up other teammates while scoring if he needs too, until then hes gonna be "the player you cant build around"

He's what? 10 years into his career? Tell me why there hasn't been on NBA GM to figure that out. At some point, you just gotta realize a zebra can't change it's stripes.

He's what? 10 years into his career? Tell me why there hasn't been on NBA GM to figure that out. At some point, you just gotta realize a zebra can't change it's stripes.

Hes only played for 2 organizations but dont worry when he signs with chi you're gonna see what melo can really do

Melo been the same player since Syracuse, just added NBA range on his jumper and a couple post moves. He can only give you one thing, which is elite scoring. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing though, it becomes bad when the team is engineered around him when he's not a real franchise player because he doesn't give you defense or make his teammates better.

Last edited:

Hes only played for 2 organizations but dont worry when he signs with chi you're gonna see what melo can really do

I don't think him and Thibs will mesh well

Melo finna get benched for Tony Snell once Thibs realizes Melo doesnt play defense

:rofl:

NEVA WILL HAPPEN

VP posted this in the Knicks thread:

Wild disrespectful how the franchise couldn't give Ewing Jr a roster spot...on 2 different occasions...but have no problem bending over backwards to accommodate JR ******g Smith.

And Ewing Jr...actually scored more than 3 points in both of his preseason stints with the team.

I never even thought about that. :smh:

What Boston doing is exactly why I don't understand why Memphis decided to keep the same old players, but hire a young rookie head coach. The team is not responding well to him at all. The front office is looking to go away from the "Grit N' Grind", so hopefully this means establishing a more balanced team and adding a star through the draft. This is the FIRST season in the last 3 years where I feel like this team is not a contender.
mean.gif

This current roster is made to win games the hard way
laugh.gif
. I'll rather just blow it up as quickly as possible this year (while keeping Conley and Gasol), get a top pick and be right back in the hunt next year while adding additional pieces that fit the new vision via free agency.
if you guys want to move away from grit n grind might as well trade us marc for his brother

if you put pau on that roster they will be not playing any defense and knitting sweaters within a week

I've been saying the same thing about Melo for years "He's not a leader, makes his teammates worse, can't play within an offense, isn't a winner" over and over for years. And I've been proven right over and over again. Melo isn't changing- he's not proving any of his critics wrong. Dude is content being what he is and not smart enough to change even if he wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom