2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell would we trade our two biggest trade chips for an eventual backup center (which is why he wants to leave Houston in the first place) :lol:

The Rockets and Pelicans just need to flip Asik and Anderson already. Can't really think of much other spots that would make sense.

"He's kind of like the 2013 version of Stephon Marbury."

roll.gif

yes i know this is somewhat out of context but still 
roll.gif

Why the hell would we trade our two biggest trade chips for an eventual backup center (which is why he wants to leave Houston in the first place) :lol:

The Rockets and Pelicans just need to flip Asik and Anderson already. Can't really think of much other spots that would make sense.

I agree that would be the best plan for both teams but the Pelican's need to forgo this entire playoff plan this year... they're a `Bari or Wiggins away from being special

I agree that would be the best plan for both teams but the Pelican's need to forgo this entire playoff plan this year... they're a `Bari or Wiggins away from being special

Sixers got their 1st rounder this year in the Jrue deal and it's only top 3 protected.

the biggest disappointment in nba history, parsons goes up for a shot and the refs call a foul on ny for no reason. yet this perfect shot goes in and the refs fail to overlook the first swipe

the biggest disappointment in nba history, parsons goes up for a shot and the refs call a foul on ny for no reason. yet this perfect shot goes in and the refs fail to overlook the first swipe
do you intentionally make your font darker so that your post is harder to read?

I don't agree with this trade. The reward for the rocket outweighs the pelicans.

We all know the best deal is with the pelicans.. Just throwing the idea out there..

You get her lens insurance and can bring him along slowly while Asik starts.. Then you have your 2 picks this year.. And block him from going to New Orleans possibly making them better, which affects when you would get their pick

Last edited:
:wow: really? sixers can get right this draft with 2 lottery picks if the Pelicans dont make the playoffs.

Yup. If we start losing like we should we could end up with something like Randle and Selden/Gary Harris.

Turner could net us another 1st rounder from somebody too.

I love Asik. When everyone was going nuts about the contract he got last summer, I told you guys it would be a bargain.

But Anderson is way better than him, equally affordable in comparison to his skill level, and fits in well with the Pelicans' window.

The only thing that worries me is the fact that his wife committed suicide because of him. Maybe that, combined with the injury right after that prevented him from getting back to normal and being busy with basketball, takes its toll and he's never the same player again.

But it's really not an equal swap.

went to sleep at the beginning of the third thinking w's were cruising to a W, woke up this morning to read iggy hitting a game winner :lol: :smokin

Actually, Jason Smith and someone else for Asik sounds much more realistic.

Smith is a little less rangy (but still a "stretch four"/even five, little better defending Anderson, so the Rockets would get the same sort of player.

Last edited:
Just noticed Taylor Griffin's on the same D-League squad with Steph and Klay's brothers.

They might as well contact the Knicks and see if they can acquire superstar Chris Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom