2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they had no money to make any significant upgrades?

I think melo gonna take less money and amare gonna opt out 2015, i dont think hes gonna rob the team for another season

:rofl: this made me laugh. I don't think that will happen if his knee is not right. Plus I don't see him being compassion. I think he's one of those, "Hey I have my money. So what?"

I think Favors and Kanter WILL be a great 4/5 combo in the next few years. It may depend on if Corbin is still the coach and if Hayward and Burke can make that jump.

Now I don't feel weird asking last season, "Is Kawhi the future of the Spurs organization?" Also why hasn't the Spurs gone out to find that young big that "could" be Timmy's replacement. Not top 1 st round but one of those 2nd round gems they always get?

I don't see Melo leaving plus if everyone stays there is no one that can make an impact left out there. Is there? Most guys are up for extension and all the good young dudes will get their contracts.

Can't even imagine how most of the Spurs players feel being in Miami right now :smh: I still don't believe the Heat were the better team last year. But in terms of this season I don't see how they get back to the Finals. To me it's either Chicago or Indy beating them.

People act like lebron would dg thing with the knicks team melo had. I'm sure his will would get Jason Kidd to hit a jump shot and Jr smith to stop drinking

Who was melo supposed pass to?

Tyson chandler?

And lebron played bad for a majority of the finals. By his standards. That's simply truth.
You remember LeBron's years carrying the dog**** teams in Cleveland right?
People forget that those teams had great defense (a concept that is foreign to the Knicks). A team with elite defense will always be successful.

Lebron at 22 took a team that started Larry Hughes, Sasha Pavlovic, Drew Gooden and Zydrunis Ilgauskas to the finals. Only 2 of the guys even on that team are still in the league. Don't care how good they play D, Lebron was extraordinary leading those Cavs teams to wins. Melo arguably has much more talent on his supporting cast now than Bron ever did in Cleveland.

Last edited:
Still think D.Rose wont get back to real himself until close to all star break

I think so too

Nobody is beating Miami unless Bron gets kidnapped

Unfortunately fellas, this is the damn truth.

+

When will Kobe reveal the true meaning of "1225".

You talking about his twitter avatar? I read that its because ESPN ranked the Lakers 12th in the West and Kobe 25th of the top players in the league.

So, as I mentioned a few times, Steven Adams had a double double (10/15 on 5-7fg + 1 blk and assist), a feat Perkins has only accomplished twice in his 3 yr tenure. Last time we saw Kendrick Perkins, he was compiling literally the worst ever NBA playoffs performance and he is due 18 million dollars the next 2 seasons. Had the hommie tweet him to see if he is worried. He ain't even worried. He knows Brooks will start and play him 30mpg regardless and the rook is going to be rotting in the D League this season. :rolleyes

View media item 622817

DatzNasty, why don't you wait in the arena car park after a game and hit Perkins in the knee with a crowbar a la Tonya Harding?
I would if I thought I could get away with it. I'm not scared of him hitting me or anything, I'm not a woman (he only hits women). Problem is, at the end off the day, it won't solve anything. He'll still be on the cap, Scott Brooks would start Perkins it I chopped both of his legs, just roll his *** out there in one of those Wal Mart scooters fat people be in, and we'd be right back at square 1 except now I'm in prison all because our owner is too cheap and our GM is too smug and full of himself to admit they made a mistake.

ol bum *** *****
perk5.0_standard_352.0.gif

People forget that those teams had great defense (a concept that is foreign to the Knicks). A team with elite defense will always be successful.

People also forget that Lebron is a GIANT reason they had a great defense. Lebron is locked in on offense/defense every game and every minute he's on the floor. He TRULY made the leap with the Cavs when he started using his athletic gifts to turn into an absolute terror on defense.

They had elite defense... largely because of LeBron.

In '08-'09 their defensive rating with LeBron on the bench was 8.2 points higher than with him on the court. This gap is the same as the gap between the #1 defense and the #19 defense that year.

In '09-'10 the two guys besides LeBron who played 30+ minutes per game were Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison, both minus defenders (an extreme minus in Jamison's case.)

They had Varejao who's a good defender, and Mike Brown who seems like a good defensive coach, but those teams were nothing special defensively minus LeBron.

Also the Knicks had a top 5 defense in the league in 2012 with a healthy Tyson but their Meloball offense was below league average.

People act like lebron would dg thing with the knicks team melo had. I'm sure his will would get Jason Kidd to hit a jump shot and Jr smith to stop drinking

Who was melo supposed pass to?

Tyson chandler?

And lebron played bad for a majority of the finals. By his standards. That's simply truth.
You remember LeBron's years carrying the dog**** teams in Cleveland right?

Nah that Cavs squad bron carried aren't even close to the Knicks talent wise. Also the Cavs didn't have "great" defense but they were disciplined & consistent enough on that end of the floor to get some wins. I would know since I seen at least 90% of their games when bron was there.

Edit: I see JD already beat me to it lol

Last edited:

Jeff Green time is done
Na I think Jeff Green is gonna have a great season. And in my opinion the jury is still out on Kawhi. I dont know if he can be a number one option for a team. But until Parker and Duncan leave we wont know. As a third option dude is as good as it get

You talking about his twitter avatar? I read that its because ESPN ranked the Lakers 12th in the West and Kobe 25th of the top players in the league.

Oh good good, I don't wanna wait till' Christmas to see Kobe kill these dudes this season. He estimated it would take 2 more weeks to get his fat butt into 82 game season shape. Last week he made that statement, so he originally said three weeks. But I heard he can't push off his injured heel yet. Smh.

+

Jeff Green will get Most Improved Player this season. Jeff's skill set combined with the athleticism is a recipe for becoming a great player in the NBA. With him probably playing close to 40-38 mins a night, he'll most definitely average 22-24 a night. Oh and that shot blocking ability. Gonna be tough for 3's and 4's to score on him. Only thing that gets me peeved is when he's lackadaisical and passive. He is one of the most unaggressive and unenthusiastic I have ever seen. I'm still a big big fan though.

I know it's preseason but Jeff Green has looked awful. It's not really his fault, he's a decent player and there are things he does well but he's not a #1 option at the NBA level and this season he's a #1 by default. Also he's 27, I think he pretty much is who he is at this point. I don't think there's some massive untapped potential that he's gonna unleash.

Last edited:

I know it's preseason but Jeff Green has looked awful. It's not really his fault, he's a decent player and there are things he does well but he's not a #1 option at the NBA level and this season he's a #1 by default. Also he's 27, I think he pretty much is who he is at this point. I don't think there's some massive untapped potential that he's gonna unleash.
True I also do not think he has had the opportunity to truly show what he can do as a 3. He was playing 4 in OKC and had to miss a year when he first came to beantown. I think this season playing the 3 will show what kind of player he will be.

Green is a baller but he's no number one option on a good team. Inconsistent and shaky handles. He's not gonna have fun with teams focusing on him this year.

^ Just posted the video man. I didn't imply that he could/would do this against Tony Allen or Avery Bradley

Jeff Green can't put the ball on the deck and create for himself that well. He also can't go left. Those things really make it hard for him to be effective in games unless he's on the break, has a hot shooting night, or is on the boards heavy.

He needs Rondo more than anyone else on that squad. Without Rondo, he'll look awful because he can't put it on the deck that well, and he's a below average shot creator. Plus, as I stated even when he puts it on the deck its always going right straight to the basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom