2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Kidd is far from the reason behind the Nets sucking.

This isn't college. Coaches don't have nearly the amount of control on the outcome of games. The NBA is a players league. Coaches for the most part are only as good as the players they are coaching. Would Jason Kidd still be "a terrible coach" if he was doing the exact same thing, but his players were playing up to their expectations?

Come on man, Deron Williams can't get on the floor, Double P and KG look like their age have completely caught up to them, and Joe Johnson isn't even putting up 14 a game. Others have been injured, just a mess.

What the hell is Jason Kidd supposed to do ?

All of this. Deron Williams was great after the all star break last year and he can't stay on the court.

And who expected Kidd to be Phil Jackson? The nets expected success was based solely on the players being above average or better and all of them but Lopez have been terrible

I cant help but wonder why did Jason Kidd think it was a good idea to take a head coaching job right after retiring from playing?
He's nowhere near ready for this.
You need to be an assistant for a few years ala Brian Shaw and then maybe you get a shot to be a head coach after 5 years.

Man shut the **** up
How are you going to call a multi billionaire business man an idiot when you don't even have $10,000 in your bank account?
idiot basketball wise

kind of like jordan

srs

Jordan knows about the game but he doesnt know anything about owning, running, and drafting.

Prok knows about his business and making billions but when it comes to basketball... he knows nothing.
He put together a good team. They looked good when healthy in the preseason. I wouldn't call him an idiot of basketball because the team was riddled with injuries 2 games into the regular season.

Before Prok. The Nets was irrelevant both from a marketing view and performance. Prok did a great job marketing that team and gave them a new image. He might not be Mitch Kupchak or Jerry West but no way is he an idiot of any kind. You can't be an idiot if you made money from scratch and owns multi millions dollars businesses.

I cant help but wonder why did Jason Kidd think it was a good idea to take a head coaching job right after retiring from playing?
He's nowhere near ready for this.
You need to be an assistant for a few years ala Brian Shaw and then maybe you get a shot to be a head coach after 5 years.

Mark%20Jackson%20is%20a%20Scumbag%281%29.jpg

granted, its a different situation.

Mark Jackson hasn't played in over a decade. Kidd hopped off the court, retired and was named a head coach a week later. Atleast Jackson got with a young team on the come up. Kidd is coaching a bunch of dudes on their last legs playing for a championship right now.

For Bulls fans, I really hope it's nothing serious with D. Rose...

given his mental toughness, or lack thereof, it'll probably take him 5 years to come back.

Get healthy Rose.

How are you going to call a multi billionaire business man an idiot when you don't even have $10,000 in your bank account?

Your response was weird.

That's like me calling someone a jackass. Your response would be "obviously he's not a donkey"

I mean c'mon man, no ****

Sucks about Rose (and Gasol and Iggy). I have a whole new sympathy for these guys who get injured after having gone through a partial ACL tear and fulll Achilles' tear over the last 3 years. Getting injured sucks. Best wishes to all of them.

On a related note, does it seem like these kind of major injuries are happening more frequently in the NBA? Seems like we're having multiple players going out with a major injury each season. I don't remember that happening back in the 90s or early 2000s.

i was actually thinking about this. I don't know if its because of social media and the internet we hear about these things alot more of what. Just seems like in the 90's and early 2000's, you didn't hear about it as much. Could be players are bigger and faster on any number of things. I hope the best for D. Rose, wonder what his mindset is now and what it is going to be after the MRI.

Bulls aint had a healthy PG since Randy Brown
Kirk Hinrich.

Khalid El-Amin.

Your response was weird.

That's like me calling someone a jackass. Your response would be "obviously he's not a donkey"

I mean c'mon man, no ****
Its like saying we can't say anything bad about Donald Sterling/Jerry Jones/Al Davis/Robert Sarver/etc because they have more money than us :lol:

Last edited:
Mark Jackson hasn't played in over a decade. Kidd hopped off the court, retired and was named a head coach a week later. Atleast Jackson got with a young team on the come up. Kidd is coaching a bunch of dudes on their last legs playing for a championship right now.

A bunch on their last legs? Only 3 dudes on the team over 35, if nets were winning kidd would get the spoelstra treatment, "how hard is it to coach all these all stars" its a no win situation honestly

idiot basketball wise

kind of like jordan

srs

Jordan knows about the game but he doesnt know anything about owning, running, and drafting.

Prok knows about his business and making billions but when it comes to basketball... he knows nothing.

Stop, theirs tons of guys in the nba like prok & jordan, at the end of the day its up to the dudes on the court, thats like saying pat riley cant draft because beasley didnt live up to expectations, whos fault is that

no, terrible choices. MKG is not a good pick, neither was anyone else Jordan has picked.

stop it

Dolan sent a clear shot at Prok about patience. Because of the CAA connection, there is a strong likelihood Dolan rides out the season with Woody and hires Cal after this current basketball season. Blame or chalk it up as Chandler injury, Amar'e limited minutes, and JR suspension.

I can't think of a perfect replacement for Kidd. I would have preferred Shaw in Brooklyn to Kidd. Denver got a good one despite the uncertain start and Faried's role.

A lot falls on Deron as well. Health and he hasn't played like one of the best at the position since Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom