2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
smh at the lack of respect for Lin....the d-league clip was before he blew up

its not lack of respect, in the d-league he didnt even look like a nba player but its sad and i thought everyone knew that d-league was basically a show off team/league :x no one gives a damn, just out there to put up stats and try to get a contract somewhere for more money than a lousy $25k a season

WTF happened to Shumpert? He was ballin against the Pacers in the playoffs, dude has put up a couple scoreless games this year...

ig9zgwAlR7gAe.gif

:pimp:

WTF happened to Shumpert? He was ballin against the Pacers in the playoffs, dude has put up a couple scoreless games this year...

when did he become a scorer? the only reason people liked him was because of his hustle and defense (which isnt even that great anymore)

I remember when shumpert was the key to beating the heat cause he could lock down dwade well the knicks fans I know said that.

I understand why these guys don't paid much, but $25K is bad. You can make more in fast food.

most of them have other jobs i assume, they just do it to get to the NBA. plus its not an all year thing, just per season. still its nothing, no luxury, probably stay in low class hotels, play in front of small crowds. But if you make it to the NBA and make a name for yourself then its all worth it. even if its for a few months.

10 day contacts pay a pretty decent amount, not sure on the number.

Hahahha. Jeremy Lin got no respect from that foo. Now look at him. Stuck in yhr d league probably. 25k ain't bad to play ball as a 2nd job

People in the D League don't have 2nd jobs during the season. They make about 30k, obviously more if you're an NBA draftee who has been signed and sent down, and travel by plane now whereas they used to ride buses exclusively. They even get housing. It's all to make them more accessible to the NBA since 15 teams are owned by NBA teams and want to be able to keep tabs on their prospects and in many cases call them up, send them back down, sometime to play games in both leagues on the same night which wouldn't have been possible under the old format because they were always on Greyhounds going from Bumblescum, Alabama to somewhere in Florida or something and that's like 24hrs.

Grant Jerrett though, the Thunder kind of screwed him by trading for him as a 2nd rd pick then not signing him to the big team but sending him to the Tulsa 66ers. Then he went #1 in the draft, so he's actually OKC property, no other NBA team can call him up. Weird how that rule works. Probably a wink wink agreement between his agent and Presti that he'll be called up at some point and signed for the minimum and get his $

Man eff that bs.. I hate playing on teams with dudes like that

I wonder how many locker room fights/beefs happen in the D-League that go unreported. Cause in some situations the hands would have to be thrown

Last edited:
And where's Patrick Ewing Jr now? Hasn't even played more than 10 games in an actual NBA game, EVER.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom