2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic is one of my top 5 favorite athletes ever, Chris Paul isn't even in my top 20 but at this point in his career he's on his way to being better than Magic and has been statistically up to now, you can try to dispute that with things that aren't facts or team accolades but its true.

Chris Paul career is far from over but if he continues this pace and doesn't retire early like he says he will, he'll be better than Magic. Only brought up you being a Laker fan because there's going to be bias in your views about Magic weather you realize it or not
I'm old enough to have actually watched Magic in his prime. I've also seen pretty much every game Chris Paul has played since he joined the Clippers. And based on my own personal observation of both players, I give the edge to Magic. CP may go down as statistically the best PG ever to play, but in terms of overall impact on each game, I can't say he's better than Magic.
Swear to god I hate this type of talk.

Not so much the talk itself, but the preemptive praise.

If he has the potential to surpass someone, I'll potentially acknowledge it.

If he hasn't yet, then... no.

"But ska, he COOOULD be."

Right. I get that.

And he could not be. I'd rather appreciate what is.

"Yeah, but 'what is' is something that COULD be better than Magic."

laugh.gif
its a shame how much MCW has fallen off. he would have been the greatest defensive player of all time if only he were to keep up is 8 steals per game average after the first game of the season
mean.gif

so in 20 years when your kids ask you about how great lebron was you would say "this one time he took mo williams AND mike brown to the finals and got swept. oh yeah he also won championships later on but thats not as impressive"

they might as well rename these the "jordan scored 63 points vs celtics but still lost", because who cares about 6 rings
Bred XIs

Camped out for those
pimp.gif
Ummmm... those... aren't... black/red XIs... my dude.

Never understood why nobody ever held up a lifesize cardboard cutout of chris kilpatrick while dwight was at the freethrow line...

Right. I get that.

:lol:

My point was, even if CP ends his career with overall better stats than Magic, I still won't say he's the better player, based on having watched them both.

awwsome is a great poster but this "Chris Paul is on pace to be better than Magic" Talk is crazy and I love Chris Paul's game. There's more than a few PG's Chris has to pass before he gets to Magic.

Last edited:
Gordon Hayward's last 4 games:

53 points on 56 shots.

30% from the field

22% from 3

19 assists to 13 Turnovers

Last edited:
Ummmm... those... aren't... black/red XIs... my dude.

:lol: leave certified alone. Hes still trying to figure out if aaron hernandez was involved in the biggie and pac murders...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

please, tell me how exactly is boogie a more complete player than dwight howard :rofl:

Hes more refined offensively in terms of his skill set.
it's really not even a debate. he is a more COMPLETE player.  not sure how anyone could argue that
but Dwert works out with Herkerm and Merkhale.

But not Kerrm Abdur Jerber

so according to 90% of NT, higher #s on paper = better player. 

love the logic

in fact, they should just stop playing the games after like the first 10 games of the season.  rest of the season just award the win to the team with the higher average points per game. sure would save everyone a lot of injuries 

You're arguing opinions, I'm arguing facts. Try and use a fact every now and then to support your argument.

laugh.gif
 and i thought the lebron vs. mj debates were premature.  so cp3 is already better and more accomplished than isiah, kidd, stockton?

Right. I get that.

laugh.gif
The hell you expect? Magic's career is over and Chris' isn't
laugh.gif

Like I said at this point in both of their careers, Chris is better objectively.
at this point in both of their careers, Chris is better objectively.
Chris is better objectively.

I read three random sentences from that Nelson novel because I already know from past experiences dude is a ******...

Sure enough, dude out here bringing Shaq's stake in the Kings as some sort of relevance to the Cousins vs Howard comparison :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey be nice to my dude Nelson

I read three random sentences from that Nelson novel because I already know from past experiences dude is a ******...

Sure enough, dude out here bringing Shaq's stake in the Kings as some sort of relevance to the Cousins vs Howard comparison
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
im gonna take that as a compliment from the guy who says the Cowboys are headed to the Super Bowl. 
roll.gif

also a dude who has a new name every week because he keeps getting banned....... lmao

and this is the Shaq comment i was referring to:

"I'm going to teach him the same mindset. When you step on the court – I don't like to use the word kill – but I'm trying to kill you; it doesn't matter who you are. He has that passion and that ferocity, but I don't want him to be like Dwight Howard  with all that laughing and giggling. I want him to be in tear-your-head-off mode."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/09/25/5765808/new-kings-part-owner-shaq-is-ready.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom